The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE maths linear March 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aminahp
Oh, dear Lord...
I sat this exam yesterday. I cried. :s-smilie: I never cry in school! My maths teacher was worried, I managed to sit the paper, but I couldn't think straight. It was REALLY hard! Even my maths teach mimed "F---ing hell!" when he had a flick through it afterwards. LOL. :biggrin:

Was it just me or was the K missing in the "find K" vector question? I did so bad on that paper. I'm still rather upset about it. Cal paper should be easier, hopefully.

Lool Your spose to extend the AB line to K, So you draw a new line from B to K. :rolleyes:
Reply 21
Original post by james mctide
retard your supposed to draw k and use it to find out your answer the anwsers are out search on student rooms and the anwser for that was -a+2b

everyone makes mistakes, what was the need of calling her/him a retard?
Original post by MrArchieK
everyone makes mistakes, what was the need of calling her/him a retard?

no its not that why are people complianing they did bad,get off and go revise for calculator becuase come on you can go and revis and get how to do vectors properly then stay on here and go wtf its a mad question, i have a point :smile: but OK i guesss i was rude so sorry to him/her,are mark bouderies gona change btw ? whats an a
Reply 23
hi i was just wondering i know that the past 2 years of exams have had a low boundary and i am wondering do you think this years will have a low boundary for a B considering the first paper was a killer. i think i have 102-112 marks do you think this would be enough for a B? thank you for your time much appreciated
Reply 24
Original post by angela g
hi i was just wondering i know that the past 2 years of exams have had a low boundary and i am wondering do you think this years will have a low boundary for a B considering the first paper was a killer. i think i have 102-112 marks do you think this would be enough for a B? thank you for your time much appreciated

Yes that would definately be a B grade.
Original post by angela g

definetly a B ,your way in,84 was a B last time,what will a A be?
Reply 26
do you think the boundaries are going to be higher than last year or not
erm i thnk its gonna be higher than last november's exam because i thought this was much easier :frown: and my maths teacher also said its gonna be higher...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
I see no reason for the grade boundaries to be high - I mean, if it was as hard as everyone has said, then the grade boundaries are much more likely to be higher...

And your teacher knows how everyone did in the nation? I don't think so. Nobody can say what the grade boundaries can be, you'll just have to wait and see...
Reply 29
How many marks do you think an A* would be, once both papers are added together? The calculator paper was so much better and accessible than the non-calc so does this mean the boundaries will roughly remain unchanged? :confused:
I got about 146, would that be an A? around 67 on paper1 and 81 on paper2. im doing higher tier.
Reply 31
When ARE THE RESULTS COMING OUT? FOR THIS PAPER?!
Reply 32
Original post by Johnny_H
How many marks do you think an A* would be, once both papers are added together?

Hopefully, it won't be any higher than 173/200. I got roughly 176-183 and I'm hoping that's enough for an A*, how much did you get?
Reply 33
Is 104/200 grade B????
Reply 34
Original post by Izziey :D
Is 104/200 grade B????

Nobody knows what the grade boundaries are yet but based on past results 104 will not be enough for an A and will be easily more than enough for a B
Reply 35
Original post by james mctide
retard your supposed to draw k and use it to find out your answer the anwsers are out search on student rooms and the anwser for that was -a+2b

I don't see why this guy got a thumbs down, he's exactly right -a+2b, was probably the guy who the comment was directed to because of the "retard" that was harsh, but still mate, whoever did the thumbs down, and the commend maker in the first place about drawing on K, dude the answer was eventually -a+2b, that's all, just wait and see tommorow/thursday (our class gets the answers hopefully tommorow)
Is anyone else nervous for their results on Thursday? And does anyone know how to access the grade boundaries as they come out tomorrow?
Reply 37
Original post by nancyfitzsimons
Is anyone else nervous for their results on Thursday? And does anyone know how to access the grade boundaries as they come out tomorrow?

They will be here
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx

Foundation tier
C D E F G
153 124 95 67 39

Higher tier
A* A B C D E
158 124 90 56 36 26
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
I am confident i will get an A*.

Surprised grade boundary lowered from the nov paper. The nov paper was way harder than the recent paper.

How does everyone else feel?
Reply 39
Grade boundary was raised? Not lowered :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest