The Student Room Group

Need tofind good text books to revise standard grade and higher maths

I was wondering if anyone could give me the names of any good books to revise my standard grade and higher maths.

I passed these exams a while ago and will be starting an open university degree in maths which I need a refresher in. Even the name of the books used in the classroom would be helpful.
Original post by clairegray82
I was wondering if anyone could give me the names of any good books to revise my standard grade and higher maths.

I passed these exams a while ago and will be starting an open university degree in maths which I need a refresher in. Even the name of the books used in the classroom would be helpful.

For higher maths there's the Heinemann Higher Mathematics textbook

There is also the Higher Maths in Action textbook

Both of them cover the whole higher course.

I never did Standard Grade Maths so I don't know what textbooks most schools use.

However this one is endorsed on the SQA website :
http://www.hoddereducation.co.uk/Title/9780340973981

Probably best to get a textbook rather than a revision book because usually the revision books don't explain everything and might not be that great if you aren't sure about something. Also the textbooks have the questions in for you to answer if you want some practice.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks for that, I was starting to confuse myself with all the books avaliable on amazon. I was thinking the textbooks would be more appropriate to jog my memory.I never even thought about the SVQ website.

cheers again :biggrin:
Original post by clairegray82

I remember finding 'How To Pass...' books very useful and in many cases, more useful than my class notes!

Quick Reply