The Student Room Group

Anyone else feeling fed up sixth form now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jumpingjesusholycow

I'll try to make this simple. Every, and I mean every girl thinks every other girl is a bitch, and she's the magical exception. I'll tell you now, there's nothing separating you from the rest of your clique. You're simply frustrated because you haven't got guys around to distract you from you inability to stop judging the girls around you. It's how girls are I'm afraid.

You just called every girl a bitch. What a gent.
Reply 21
Original post by Miracle Day
Did you do Nazi Germany and the UK in transition 1880 - 1980 for AS?

I wanna do History in Cardiff Uni

Nope, I did Russia and International Relations :smile:
Girls deserve to be treated like princesses. Hate boys who treat them like ****.

(Tries to win over the girls vote)
This is exactly how I feel right now and I'm glad I'm not alone. Whenever you feel down just remember we've only got 2 or 3 months left. This is the year we'll be going to uni! :smile:
ahh preach! I feel exactly the same, I literally can't be arsed to just keep churning out pointless essays and jump through hoops and get told off for not going to assembly blah blah... thing is, I can't help but feel uni will be even worse, like it's just gonna be three more years of essays and working even harder just to come out with like 30 grand debt and no job prospects. haha i feel like esther greenwood fml
Original post by doloroushazy
ahh preach! I feel exactly the same, I literally can't be arsed to just keep churning out pointless essays and jump through hoops and get told off for not going to assembly blah blah... thing is, I can't help but feel uni will be even worse, like it's just gonna be three more years of essays and working even harder just to come out with like 30 grand debt and no job prospects. haha i feel like esther greenwood fml

You'll have better prospects than not going to uni :smile: Anyway, use the opportunity to build contacts and get work experience in a desired field :smile:
now this looks like a fun thread for me - hating my sixth form!!
how do I start?
we have a sociology teacher that doesn't have a clue and we can't even have text books because they 'have no money' -.-
they are telling me I have to go to this UN thing even though I have 8 pieces of coursework to be in by easter. -.-
we have a health and social care teacher that has never taught the subject, tells us he has no clue and he doesn't even know what a child minder is -.-
we have only just been given coursework this week and its got to be done by easter, 3 weeks away.. 3000 word essays..
they've took away most peoples free time to work, and took away our common room and turned it into a 'silent study room' - luckily my free time hasn't been taken away but everyone moans about it in lessons!
I have an english teacher that always goes out of the room and always have stuff to do in our lessons and can be bothered to teach us.
on top of all this my psychology teachers give no help and has ago at you if you don't do the work but lets you sit there and talk all throughout the lesson
I might as well not go to lessons and just teach myself at home..
all my teachers are hopeless and its making me want to give up :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by sarah1345
You'll have better prospects than not going to uni :smile: Anyway, use the opportunity to build contacts and get work experience in a desired field :smile:

This definately. Plus it's an experience to have whilst your still young :smile: (or mature students I guess :smile: )
Reply 28
Original post by MelissaBabe
now this looks like a fun thread for me - hating my sixth form!!
how do I start?
we have a sociology teacher that doesn't have a clue and we can't even have text books because they 'have no money' -.-
they are telling me I have to go to this UN thing even though I have 8 pieces of coursework to be in by easter. -.-
we have a health and social care teacher that has never taught the subject, tells us he has no clue and he doesn't even know what a child minder is -.-
we have only just been given coursework this week and its got to be done by easter, 3 weeks away.. 3000 word essays..
they've took away most peoples free time to work, and took away our common room and turned it into a 'silent study room' - luckily my free time hasn't been taken away but everyone moans about it in lessons!
I have an english teacher that always goes out of the room and always have stuff to do in our lessons and can be bothered to teach us.
on top of all this my psychology teachers give no help and has ago at you if you don't do the work but lets you sit there and talk all throughout the lesson
I might as well not go to lessons and just teach myself at home..
all my teachers are hopeless and its making me want to give up :frown:

Getting out on here makes you feel so much better, don't you think? :wink:
Original post by Doofy
Getting out on here makes you feel so much better, don't you think? :wink:

oh yes!! but don't you find that ridiculous!!
they just annoy me so much i just want to scream at them
you complain and they say they cant do anything about it!
I'm like, "YES YOU CAN!! YOU'RE THE HEAD OF SIXTH FORM!!!!"
Reply 30
Original post by Doofy
Hey.

I'm writing this because I want to know how many people feel the way I am feeling right now.

I'm currently in my last year of sixth form studying History, Business Studies, Law and Welsh Baccalaureate. At the start of the year, I kept on top of my work, got good grades, and had time on the side for my social life too.

Even with my January exam results, I'm pretty happy. However, lately everything just seems one MASSIVE drag. Getting up in the mornings kills me, I hate having teachers on my back, and I just can't motivate myself anymore.

All I want to do is to just go to university and have my own independence, rather than being treated like a child. I go to an all girls school, so you can see my frustration with the school too! It's just full of bitchy people, and I just want the experience of moving away to my firm choice and leaving all the horrible stuff behind.

I realise that I won't be able to do this unless I motivate myself to work hard to get into my firm choice.. But lately it's just lacking so, so, so much.

Sorry for this long message but I needed to get my feelings out there.

Anyone else just want to fast forward to the next few months? :frown:

Yes!! Thank you! And I thought I was alone!

I also go to an all girls' school so tell me about the whole bitchiness. It sounds like you've been working yourself hard ltely so give yourself a week where you know you just wont do much work at all... I was the same, this year started off working really hard, was totally on top of my school work and whatnot... Following Xmas I just lost most of that.

But look at it this way, if school like like a hill, we've already passed the peak. It's the run up now to our goal, to summer, to being done with school and with exams and off to uni! Make the run up a good one, so run hard and know it will pay off :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Doofy
Hey.

I'm writing this because I want to know how many people feel the way I am feeling right now.

I'm currently in my last year of sixth form studying History, Business Studies, Law and Welsh Baccalaureate. At the start of the year, I kept on top of my work, got good grades, and had time on the side for my social life too.

Even with my January exam results, I'm pretty happy. However, lately everything just seems one MASSIVE drag. Getting up in the mornings kills me, I hate having teachers on my back, and I just can't motivate myself anymore.

All I want to do is to just go to university and have my own independence, rather than being treated like a child. I go to an all girls school, so you can see my frustration with the school too! It's just full of bitchy people, and I just want the experience of moving away to my firm choice and leaving all the horrible stuff behind.

I realise that I won't be able to do this unless I motivate myself to work hard to get into my firm choice.. But lately it's just lacking so, so, so much.

Sorry for this long message but I needed to get my feelings out there.

Anyone else just want to fast forward to the next few months? :frown:

i feel the same but i'm also having to support myself during my last year of college, and i'm really homesick, it's all just taking its toll on me. I keep saying its only 3 months til it's all done but I just can't cope with it all :frown:
I feel exactly the same... we've spent nearly 14 years at school now... I think it's natural to feel a bit fed up of it all... I just can't wait until I get some independence, can buy my own food, manage my own finances... (I bet I'm going to regret saying that :wink: )
I do the IB so my exams are earlier... only five weeks left! Aaaaah, it can't come soon enough!
But at the same time.... very worried about exams and my lack of motivation to revise... :/
Reply 33
:rolleyes: What makes you think I have any desire or compulsion to be a 'gent'? I speak my mind, and I don't think girls need to be 'protected' by some outdated social model which insists I water down my opinions for the sake of people I don't know on the internet because they possess a vagina.

I think he may be referring more to the always relevant social model of "not being an a**hole."

All your posts ITT just give me the impression of someone who really woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
Agreed, everyone at my college is dying to leave. It was the worst after half term. Hang in there, not long left!
Original post by such_a_lady
Agreed, everyone at my college is dying to leave. It was the worst after half term. Hang in there, not long left!

What part of Surrey are you from? I'm from Haslemere.
Original post by Doofy
Okay, at first I didn't think you were making an argument but now I realise you're just commenting on here to cause an argument. So here it goes!

Firstly, I don't need my ass "rescued". I can get up in the morning, I'm just saying I'm struggling due to lack of motivation. I've been in that school for nearly 7 years, I think I'm slightly fed up of the same scenery again and again.

And for the fact of basically calling me a bitch, I think it's clear to say that someone hasn't got laid in a long time, and clearly never will due to lack of respect for girls that you have!

I'm not generally an argumentitive person, but when someone turns around and judges me when you DO NOT KNOW ME, that's when I stick up for myself.

He's probably some geek who sits in his room and is going to study Maths at Imperial having gotten 5 A*s.
I can't stand it.
Reply 38
oh my i thought it was just me .... its like since this school year has started i've hit a brick wall were i cba to revise go college or even wake up , attendence is **** n all the teachers are on my case. Got all my offers too so i guess its just a matter of sticking it out till may/june for a looooong summer then UNI
Not really, I speak my mind and I speak the truth. If you don't really care if you get butthurt by it.

See, now this is more logical, I can agree with this, I've felt it myself. But I was taking up your assertion that University is going to be so much easier to handle because of the 'independence' when you lack the ability to motivate yourself. The getting sick of the scenery thing is more logical.

Ah yes, the obligatory "if you disagree with me, it's because you don't get sex". You must be soo well adjusted and ready for life in higher education because you're soo mature right? :rolleyes: Wrong, this is perhaps the proof of the pudding. The irony here being that you were complaining about how awful the girls around you are. This is the proof that you are just a clone copy of the rest of them, and you can't help being called out on it.

And by stick up for yourself, you mean...say things like "I bet you don't get sex" :rofl: Get out love, you're embarrassing yourself.

Thank god we don't live in the Middle East, we all know how you treat women...we know what you Muslims are like.

Quick Reply