Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa
I just feel so...sad..:cry2:

:hugs:
Original post by bullettheory

i can't wait to get away from here and meet new people and hopefully new friends at uni :/
Original post by superwolf

possible ED trigger

You got another of those coming up?

Watched south park by the way, agree about the cash for gold one. Also didn't rate the last one much either. :dry:

I'm finding it really difficult to imagine what you look like at a normal weight. :tongue: Well done on that though it's really great. :smile:

Er......yeah, there was a group this week....which I didn't go to. :colondollar:

Yeah it sucked, I haven't seen the newest one yet, just a clip of it, it had cats in :h: Cats are amazing.
Original post by Alofleicester
awesome news. Well done - you ought to have a cider or 10 as reward for your achievement :colone:

Arr!

Original post by Sabertooth
I'm finding it really difficult to imagine what you look like at a normal weight. :tongue: Well done on that though it's really great. :smile:

Er......yeah, there was a group this week....which I didn't go to. :colondollar:

Yeah it sucked, I haven't seen the newest one yet, just a clip of it, it had cats in :h: Cats are amazing.

Enormous! :lol:

Bad Saber. You should keep going, and gather material on our possible allies. A well-trained private army is essential to our future plans.
:frown: :frown: I hate feeling like this :frown: :frown:
Original post by ViceVersa
:frown: :frown: I hate feeling like this :frown: :frown:

Me too hun, going to stay in bed all day today I think....I dont think I ever felt so depressed in my life. Hugs x
If you get side effects from medication after 3 weeks of taking them, does that mean they could be starting to work? Been on citalopram since 7 March. It gives me headaches and makes me wake up loads during the night.
Reply 6348
Original post by Phoenix07
Your only young :tongue: a lot of people haven't had relationships by your age, and they definitely haven't had proper meaningful relationships! you can afford to waste time finding someone you want to be with for more then just you wanting to not be alone! You're a lovely lad you deserve to find the right girl!

But hopefully it'll continue lasting, you have to make the most of the good days
:smile:

But yer my day has been ok, had to drive my sister round for most of the day but was good fun! Chest pains getting worse again though ... and back to uni on monday :/ :hugs:

Fair enough. Its just that everywhere I go I see couples together.

Its still good, although I'm now incredibly bored, and this is when bad thoughts start returning. I also feel weird.

That sounds excellent. I dunno about the chest pains - I used to get them loads too, and these days they often happen when I have a panic attack. Are you looking forward to going back to university? :smile:

Original post by sunfowers01
If you get side effects from medication after 3 weeks of taking them, does that mean they could be starting to work? Been on citalopram since 7 March. It gives me headaches and makes me wake up loads during the night.

Not necessarily in my experience. I've had side effects for many weeks from many different antidepressants (8 actually) and none of them ended up working. However 3 weeks is getting near where you should feel them start to work and hopefully the side effects might also start to disappear.
Original post by Mon.MD
Me too hun, going to stay in bed all day today I think....I dont think I ever felt so depressed in my life. Hugs x

Me too :frown: Big hugs to you too hun, always here if you need to talk to me :hugs: x
Original post by sunfowers01

Hey, I am currently on citalopram too. This is the second time I have started taking them though, the first time I had no side effects but they didn't work, dr made me go back on them though and had really bad side effects this time, so hoping it means they are going to work, but only a week in!

Original post by avhhs
Fair enough. Its just that everywhere I go I see couples together.

Its still good, although I'm now incredibly bored, and this is when bad thoughts start returning. I also feel weird.

That sounds excellent. I dunno about the chest pains - I used to get them loads too, and these days they often happen when I have a panic attack. Are you looking forward to going back to university? :smile:

Yer there are couples everywhere it gets me down sometimes to and I am with someone, but it can be really difficult to see other people happy when you aren't!

Well try to ignore all the bad thoughts hun, just keep having fun there :smile:

But yer I get chest pains all the time, used to just get them when I had panic attacks but have them all the time now, gets really annoying and stops me doing loads of stuff :frown: But yes I think I am looking forward to going back to university but really stressed because I have so much work to do, and everything things more stressful at uni!

Hope you have fun for the rest of your day hun :smile: and hope you are staying positive?

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
My mother apparently :tongue:
I'm not surprised!
Sounds scary :frown:

Ah well hope you find something nice tomorrow.
A bit. :tongue:
Going to my mum's caravan tomorrow morning til Tuesday afternoon. No internet access :nooo:
On the plus side I can play with my inflatable boat. :colondollar:
Eurgh really need to stop being lazy but I don't know how to do that. :frown:

How's your day? :hugs:
Original post by Webberino
Ah well hope you find something nice tomorrow.
A bit. :tongue:
Going to my mum's caravan tomorrow morning til Tuesday afternoon. No internet access :nooo:
On the plus side I can play with my inflatable boat. :colondollar:
Eurgh really need to stop being lazy but I don't know how to do that. :frown:

How's your day? :hugs:

No internet access?! :eek:
That sounds good, hope you have a great time!
Just try not to be too hard on yourself and do what tou can. :hugs:

I've started to keep a mood diary but I feel as though I'm making things out to be much worse than they are.
This is what I have so far:

1 = worst ever, 10 = normal for me.

1st April
8:15 = 3. Woke up, had a bad dream during the night.
10:30 = 4. Got dressed and went to my grandads.
12:45 = 3. Got back into bed when we got home.

I don't reall y know if I'm doing it right either.

[SZE]I'm also still in bed :ninja:
Original post by Anonymous
No internet access?! :eek:
That sounds good, hope you have a great time!
Just try not to be too hard on yourself and do what tou can. :hugs:

I've started to keep a mood diary but I feel as though I'm making things out to be much worse than they are.
This is what I have so far:

1 = worst ever, 10 = normal for me.

1st April
8:15 = 3. Woke up, had a bad dream during the night.
10:30 = 4. Got dressed and went to my grandads.
12:45 = 3. Got back into bed when we got home.

I don't reall y know if I'm doing it right either.

[SZE]I'm also still in bed :ninja:

I'm sure you're not, just maybe when you actually see it written down it shocks you a bit. I'm sure there's no one way to do it, sure it will be fine. :hugs:
Ah we all have those days :tongue:
Reply 6355
Original post by Phoenix07

Yer there are couples everywhere it gets me down sometimes to and I am with someone, but it can be really difficult to see other people happy when you aren't!

Well try to ignore all the bad thoughts hun, just keep having fun there :smile:

But yer I get chest pains all the time, used to just get them when I had panic attacks but have them all the time now, gets really annoying and stops me doing loads of stuff :frown: But yes I think I am looking forward to going back to university but really stressed because I have so much work to do, and everything things more stressful at uni!

Hope you have fun for the rest of your day hun :smile: and hope you are staying positive?

Yeah I understand completely, especially the last bit :hugs:. Sometimes when I see couples I have to try hard to not stare :colondollar:

I'm still having fun. Have to go to a family gathering in a bit. Looking forward to it :smile:.

:console: I used to get them all the time too, although recently it just seems mostly limited to panic attacks. Do hope you manage to get your work done :smile:.

Got an appointment with the psychiatrist tomorrow :frown:.

Original post by Sabertooth
I went to a hearing voices group last week and beforehand I felt a lot like you, I was absolutely terrified and had all kinds of ideas about how it was going to go wrong and everyone would be horrible, but in the end it was actually kind of cool - it went well, and actually made me feel a bit better about stuff. Sure there were weird bits (being lectured about spirits :s-smilie: ) but overall everyone was friendly and nice and welcoming and it was pretty good. Basically, it's normal to feel afraid and have these doubts but if you think about it, the other people there probably feel just like you and so everyone is gonna want to make it as easy as possible for everyone else.

Good luck, I'm sure it will go fine and hopefully it will be of some use to you too.

Original post by superwolf

Really hope it goes well for you. :smile: I'd be nervous too, but like Saber says these things can turn out much better than you expect, and it might actually be a good experience for you.

Thank you both for your messages :smile:.

I'm sure it will work out better than I am anticipating at the moment I'm just not that good in social situations with people I don't know.
Voices are really bad this evening:sigh: struggling a bit...

I've had a crap weekend with my family. My mum dragged me to my nans where my whole family were, and some of them were asking where I had been as they hadn't seen me for two years, and my mom says "she's been at university". It's like she's ashamed of me, and ashamed of admitting that I am actually ill so she's in denial instead. I am sick of pretending that I am happy to please others. I am sick of pretending I can cope. If I tell my mum that I'm struggling she tells me to stop being silly and that "there's nothing wrong with you".

I am, however, thoroughly looking forward to next week. I have a feeling it's going to be good :smile:
Original post by 35mm_
Voices are really bad this evening:sigh: struggling a bit...

I've had a crap weekend with my family. My mum dragged me to my nans where my whole family were, and some of them were asking where I had been as they hadn't seen me for two years, and my mom says "she's been at university". It's like she's ashamed of me, and ashamed of admitting that I am actually ill so she's in denial instead. I am sick of pretending that I am happy to please others. I am sick of pretending I can cope. If I tell my mum that I'm struggling she tells me to stop being silly and that "there's nothing wrong with you".

I am, however, thoroughly looking forward to next week. I have a feeling it's going to be good :smile:

:hugs: Does anything help with the voices? I find listening to my favorite music loud as hell and singing along helps to overpower them, have you tried that? Or what works best for me is talking to people, over skype or in person or the phone or anything, it really helps me.

When I was in hospital my mum told every single relative where I was, I could've killed her for it. :mad: But you shouldn't hide things if you don't want to, if you want to be honest and break down some of the stigma that's great you should do that. It sounds like your mum isn't particularly supportive, or perhaps she's just in denial. Have you tried getting a doctor to speak to her? Perhaps that might help.
Original post by Webberino

I'm sure you're not, just maybe when you actually see it written down it shocks you a bit. I'm sure there's no one way to do it, sure it will be fine. :hugs:
Ah we all have those days :tongue:

It could be, I didn't think about it like that, thanks. :hugs:
Over the last few days I've started feeling guilty when I'm hungry and trying to ignore it. I don't feel that guilty when I eat so I can't understand why I feel guilty for being hungry. For the first time in my life I woke up feeling hungry this morning. Probably doesn't help that I'm substituting food for cups of tea either, must stop that.

Latest