The Student Room Group

Smoking Experiences

Scroll to see replies

Oh God. Reading this thread made me crave a cigarette so much it hurts my soul
Reply 61
Original post by velociraptor
Oh God. Reading this thread made me crave a cigarette so much it hurts my soul

Me too :frown:.Going to have some chocolate/sweets instead.
Reply 62
Benefits of smoking? Absolutely none.

Stop smoking before you become terribly addicted.

I've smoked since I was 13, I'm now 21. I hate every single fag I smoke. I hate smelling of smoke. I hate the taste. I hate the furry tongue every morning. I hate everything.

So why don't I quit? I always thought it would be so easy to quit. It's not. It's horrendous and the worst thing is I now pay 3.79 for a pack of ten every single day. 21 a week. 84 a month and so on.

Don't smoke.
Original post by hvh
Benefits of smoking? Absolutely none.

Stop smoking before you become terribly addicted.

I've smoked since I was 13, I'm now 21. I hate every single fag I smoke. I hate smelling of smoke. I hate the taste. I hate the furry tongue every morning. I hate everything.

So why don't I quit? I always thought it would be so easy to quit. It's not. It's horrendous and the worst thing is I now pay 3.79 for a pack of ten every single day. 21 a week. 84 a month and so on.

Don't smoke.

I know how you feel =(
I quit by putting the money I would spend on that daily pack into a jar and smoking nicotine free herbal ****. A few months later I spent the money on a little holiday abroad. Seeing all those coins and notes mounting up to a ridiculous amount made it possible to quit. But not easy..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Wilfred Little
Ex-smoker detected.

Never smoked but I saw my nan die directly because of smoking and I see my cousin smoke with her 2 year old in the back of her car (with all windows shut) everyday.
Reply 65
Original post by Annie72
I quit by going cold turkey.Really dont know how I have got this far tbh, but am very proud of myself for doing so.

Well done, you should be proud. :smile: I have almost no willpower...its one of my worst attributes. Cross your fingers for me starting Monday! :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by restoration
Hi I tried smoking for the first time today... And I am guility enough to say I kind of enjoyed it in a way I found it interesting, got a sort of buzz from it and liked the taste sort of... I obviously know smoking is bad for me can people here just tell me their experiences of smoking, what they like/what they don't like? What they find benefits them from smoking

I found it very confusing as I have always been anti smoking.

Stick to cannabis, it's much healthier.

Edit: That neg rep has got my rep to -420. Woop.
(edited 12 years ago)
I always told myself I'd never try smoking - it has never appealed to me I think it smells disgusting.
But then I was drunk one evening, with a guy I liked who was smoking, he told me I should try, and I did. Took one drag or whatever then coughed for about 10 minutes. I felt so bad afterwards, it still makes me feel sad that I couldn't never try it when I think about it. :frown:
Reply 68
I used to be a 30 a day kind of guy at college, more if I was drinking.

I realised the other day, I only smoke 5-6 a day now, half tempted to give up. Didn't even try to cut down it just kind of naturally happened.
Have smoked since I was ~15. Started because I was curious and actually liked it, and I still enjoy it now. The only difference between now and when I started is that I now smoke roll-ups as they're cheaper.

I used to try and hide it, but realised that was futile. It's funny because when people found out when we were about 16, they reacted like it was the end of the world. A mere two years later, they're the people I get trying to bum one off me when they're drunk..

The best cigarette of the day is the first one of the morning, accompanied by a coffee and bacon sandwich. Heaven.
Reply 70
Some people become quite addicted to it and others don't. Depends on your underlying personality though.

I reckon if you're the sort of person who likes to eat lots of food, binge eat or eat compulsively, you'd get quite easily addicted.

However if you're the sort of person who likes infrequent big hits of things (like getting hammered at night, or smoking weed in the evenings, or doing lines of coke), I doubt you'd get addicted.
Speaking to a friend who smokes the other day - told me that if he didn't smoke he'd save 6 grand a year.

6 grand.

Says it all, doesnt it?!
Original post by Georgiana1605
Speaking to a friend who smokes the other day - told me that if he didn't smoke he'd save 6 grand a year.

6 grand.

Says it all, doesnt it?!

Does he smoke 50 a day?!
As much as I enjoy smoking, how would you find the time?
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Does he smoke 50 a day?!
As much as I enjoy smoking, how would you find the time?

Must do! He barely goes an hour and a half without. But 6k?! Think of all that money and what you could do with it!
Original post by Georgiana1605
Must do! He barely goes an hour and a half without. But 6k?! Think of all that money and what you could do with it!

You'd definitely have to smoke about 50 to spend anywhere near £6000 a year on cigarettes / tobacco, even with the recent price hike. Even the heaviest of smokers I know don't go much above 20 a day, and that's generally when exceptionally stressed!
good cigarettes taste good, and i enjoy smoking socially on and off.

it's really not that big of a deal, people drink coffee which isn't healthy or anything either. :tongue: as long as you know the potential risks and all, it's not gonna sabotage your life or anything.

Original post by TattyBoJangles
The best cigarette of the day is the first one of the morning, accompanied by a coffee and bacon sandwich. Heaven.
hahah i seriously couldn't agree more! :wink: i find it best on a cool, clear morning. but for me it's just the coffee and cigarette though, cause of my new and pretentious pescetarianism :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by ziziii

it's really not that big of a deal, people drink coffee which isn't healthy or anything either. :tongue: as long as you know the potential risks and all, it's not gonna sabotage your life or anything.

I don't really think you can compare coffee and cigarettes (though they're an excellent combo).
Original post by ziziii

it's really not that big of a deal, people drink coffee which isn't healthy or anything either. :tongue:

Coffee contains antioxidants and it helps people suffering from hypotension a great deal. Cigarettes are just a harmful drug. Not a valid comparison at all despite both being delicious devils
(edited 12 years ago)
I hated my first drag of a cigarette, but when I started going out drinking I'd try it more and eventually got to like it. Then I started smoking some nights when I wasn't drinking and somehow I ended up smoking every day. There have been periods within the last few years where I have stopped because my asthma gets bad, but when I feel better I start smoking again. I just really love smoking.
Original post by ohirome
I don't really think you can compare coffee and cigarettes
Coffee contains antioxidants and it helps people suffering from hypotension a great deal. Cigarettes are just a harmful drug.

i know, i know. my only point was that knowing something is harmful doesn't ever necessarily mean you have to refrain from it. for example, i believe that if i know how the cigarette i'm ready to smoke may affect me, and yet am still willing to proceed, it's deffo okay for me to smoke it.

Original post by ohirome
though they're an excellent combo
despite both being delicious devils
WORD. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending