The Student Room Group

Summer Job For 16 Year Old

I've been looking at a few forums about summer jobs, but they all seem to be aimed at university students... Does anyone have any advice on getting a summer job as a 16 year old with no experience?! I'm hoping to work in London for a week or two (or three) at a time, and then possibly in Bristol for 2 more weeks... Obviously a week isn't very long and I'm guessing that will really decrease my chances of finding a job! I'm not too worried about wages - minimum wage (£5, right?) is fine for me - just hoping to get some extra spending money :biggrin: Any advice on summer jobs would be greatly appreciated (: x
Reply 1
Original post by freyajessica
I've been looking at a few forums about summer jobs, but they all seem to be aimed at university students... Does anyone have any advice on getting a summer job as a 16 year old with no experience?! I'm hoping to work in London for a week or two (or three) at a time, and then possibly in Bristol for 2 more weeks... Obviously a week isn't very long and I'm guessing that will really decrease my chances of finding a job! I'm not too worried about wages - minimum wage (£5, right?) is fine for me - just hoping to get some extra spending money :biggrin: Any advice on summer jobs would be greatly appreciated (: x

The minimum wage for your age range is £3.68

I think you will find it nigh on impossible to find a job for a couple of weeks at a time like that. The only thing I think you may be able to do is something like chugging - i.e. companies like this one that said it isn't popular work and you might not really make much unless you are particularly good at it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending