The Student Room Group

English Literature AQA OF MICE AND MEN predicted questions 22nd May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by higuys1
would you guys know where i would be able to get any practise questions on 'Of Mice and Men'?

http://pastpapers.org/aqa-gcse-english-literature-a
Reply 61
Original post by Alexandra's Box
As long as it 'tis not Crooks :indiff:

Watch out - could be 'minor characters' eg Whit, the boss etc.

i don't know, would they do that? There is so little to write.
Original post by Alexandra's Box
As long as it 'tis not Crooks :indiff:

Watch out - could be 'minor characters' eg Whit, the boss etc.

Waiit... It could be minor characters? :O
Oh no. Like what could you say about them characters .x.
Reply 63
How would you be going about structuring your paragraphs? Like are you going to include language techniques, structure or form?:smile:
Reply 64
Original post by MasonPye
How would you be going about structuring your paragraphs? Like are you going to include language techniques, structure or form?:smile:

I'm probably gonna go thematically e.g.
1) Friendship
2) Desperation
3) Segregation

Or soming like that :smile:
is context used in this exam? e.g. for of mice and men the american dream, dust bowl and the great depression?
Reply 66
Original post by maxtate
I'm probably gonna go thematically e.g.
1) Friendship
2) Desperation
3) Segregation

Or soming like that :smile:

desperation??????????? how do you plan on answering that ............ only thing i can think of is curley's wife
Original post by james2406
i don't know, would they do that? There is so little to write.

Original post by goodmorningworld
Waiit... It could be minor characters? :O
Oh no. Like what could you say about them characters .x.

Well Whit is talking about the magazine that has a letter by a guy he knew - they are lonely and wanting to know someone else. Err, Carkson - shot the dog etc. Boss shows the loneliness as he asks George if he's Lennie's pay i.e. strange for them to be travelling, no trust. Also racism - boss gave others alcohol at Xmas but is still racist towards Crooks i.e. is unfair etc. Smitey (I think) is mentioned - had a fight with Crooks, could "have killed him if he'd used his feet"
It is unlikely but just possible :unsure:
Reply 68
Original post by Procrastination
What do you think the question will be? :confused:

that's difficult but i think it might be curley's wife or crooks
As long as you can skim the novella to find specific page references and just give some form of interpretation of the text and then relate it to the question, you should be okay, whatever the question is. :P

But, I do hope it's Curley's Wife and the presentation of women in the novella. :biggrin:
Surely if the question is on Slim, the only passage they could give us would be when he is introduced and if so, there is a sample answer in the 'york notes for GCSE OMAM' book.
Reply 71
Original post by Lizy
um curleys wife...what do you think?

ye same but i dont no what to write for curleys wife :/
I really hope it's Curley's wife, I did my coursework on her, so I have a 3 page essay stored in my head somewhere :wink:
Reply 73
Is this okay? Im doing AQA by the way!:smile:

Introduction

Part (A)

Part (B)

Conclusion
Reply 74
I'm also hoping it's Curley's wife :smile:. Do you think Crooks would come up? i just hope someone like Slim or Carlson don't come up.
Reply 75
Original post by Dandaman9999
I've been told Curley's Wife because there isn't much the could ask in the context part about Slim, is there?

Ou teacher sort of hinted thatit would be Curley's wife, as it only came up in the Foundatrion Paper, so if you're doing Higher (like me), we have a chance that it's Curleys wife. But it could be Slim, or carlson and whit (i hope not)

anyways, how are you guys structing your answers for section a - i'm doing an insecptor calls
Reply 76
Or...

Introduction

Part (A)

Conclusion

Introduction

Part (B)

Conclusion
Post some of your killer points/sentences! Share the knowledge! I need some insightful points!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78
Curley's Wife was in the foundation paper last year, so she probably won't come up again this year.
Curley's Wife was also the question for the specimen paper, so I doubt she will come up x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending