The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ropey1
And the fact somehow I ended up doing Scottish dancing much of Monday afternoon due to the influx of kilted men in my loca (er and the wine).

And you live? Considers moving... no kilted men anywhere near me! :tongue: I love a ceilidh...
Reply 9161
Original post by Samantha_Walker
For me it all depends on the times the ceremony's are going to finish ... Does anyone have any ideas ??

If its late then I will be staying the night !! Which does me quite a bit of partying to celebrate :-D xxx

I think it starts about 8 so I expect it to be after 11pm by the time it finishes.
Reply 9162
Found this:

The ceremony, which begins at 9pm on July 27 (with the pre-show starting at 20.12), is expected to last well over three hours, but will need to end by 12.30am to allow spectators to get public transport home.

Source
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9043917/London-2012-Olympics-Shakespeare-theme-to-lead-Isles-of-Wonder-Olympic-opening-ceremony.html
The Closing Ceremony still as this against it on the schedule page of the London 2012 website

Closing Ceremony to take place in the evening. Exact time to be announced.

The spectator page says that gates open for the Opening Ceremony at 5pm and for the Closing at 5.30pm. A friend who has tickets for the Opening says that the guide that came with her tickets says they should be seated by 7.30pm.
For any 51ers attending tomorrows rehearsal i've made Hazelnut Cupcakes and Jagermeister Cupcakes! =]

I've only made 24 so first come first served =]

DSC_3638.jpg
Reply 9165
Original post by JessykarH
For any 51ers attending tomorrows rehearsal i've made Hazelnut Cupcakes and Jagermeister Cupcakes! =]

I've only made 24 so first come first served =]

DSC_3638.jpg

Argh I wish I was in 51 now, they look delicious!

Apparently there was a mother of a cast performer on 5 Live around 7pm this evening, but the BBC server is down (!) so I can't find it, will have a look later

Was thinking of anyone rehearsing in that hideous horizontal rain at the weekend, hope it was all ok!
Reply 9166
41A - good luck for tomorrow.
Have a great time!!!
:yeah:
Original post by hutsulka

Apparently there was a mother of a cast performer on 5 Live around 7pm this evening, but the BBC server is down (!) so I can't find it, will have a look later

!

Thank you! I found it and have been listening to it!
Original post by LauraN1
41A - good luck for tomorrow.
Have a great time!!!
:yeah:

Thanks Laura! Sure it will be good! Have warned my team that I may be bouncing off the walls later at work.

And celebrating 50 days to go with one of the Olympic 50p designs - the words sum up TSR quite well too!

2586-v.jpg
Reply 9169
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted on here before, but I've been lurking for a while. You guys have been keeping me sane when I was waiting to hear back from my audition! It took forever to get an answer out of them but...

I'm in the Para opening ceremony. Section 98-whirl. Is anyone else in that section?

Thanks for sharing all your news etc over the past few months.

Roomby
:hello:
Almost ready to leave!

Looking forward to meeting up with Flakey too!

EG
Original post by Roomby
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted on here before, but I've been lurking for a while. You guys have been keeping me sane when I was waiting to hear back from my audition! It took forever to get an answer out of them but...

I'm in the Para opening ceremony. Section 98-whirl. Is anyone else in that section?

Roomby

Congrats Roomby on your Cast Role :smile: I'm sure there are a handful of Section 98-whirl's on here but I'm sure Flakeydom would have further details in relation to how many exactly is in your Segment - due to the ever increasing spreadsheet.
Original post by Roomby
Hello everyone,

Roomby

Many congrats Roomby. :banana::banana::banana::clap2::clap2: It's a while since we have been able to send any!
According to my somewhat patchy records the following are also in 98 Whirl but I am sure Flakeydom can confirm :- OneadnOnlyEmmaW, petitsyeuxbleus, jerseygirl, dancer 321 and handance so you are in good company!
Original post by Essex Girl
Almost ready to leave!

Looking forward to meeting up with Flakey too!

EG

Have a great time -I expect you are buzzing!:bee2: but at least you will be in the dry at 3 Mills. Think of us poor mortals at the weekend battling through the floods again! It is certainly the survival of the fittest with the freezing cold/searing heat/ floods. Will we ever have a normal day I wonder? Can't wait to start rehearsing at the Stadium!
Reply 9174
Been away in Wales for the past 4 days, one sunny day the rest raining!!! Well after 6 hours in the car its always nice to be home and check the TSR :smile: I hate not having limited internet connections well I am now back!!!

Flakey....EssexGirl, how did it go???????? Do tell, no don't, do, no don't!!!!! I will wait and see myself next Wednesday :colondollar:
Reply 9175
Original post by Pinnerite
Have a great time -I expect you are buzzing!:bee2: but at least you will be in the dry at 3 Mills. Think of us poor mortals at the weekend battling through the floods again! It is certainly the survival of the fittest with the freezing cold/searing heat/ floods. Will we ever have a normal day I wonder? Can't wait to start rehearsing at the Stadium!

yes all the 51ers are going to be outside on sat probably in the rain, will be good to see all of us together will be loud though!!!
Congratulations Roomby :biggrin:
Original post by Drumbeat
yes all the 51ers are going to be outside on sat probably in the rain, will be good to see all of us together will be loud though!!!

If we drum at all - I expect we'll be in our schizophrenic alter ego roles...though that might be loud as well...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
looks like saturday will be sunny
sunday a downpour
Reply 9179
Congratulations Roomby!

Another opening ceremony article in the Evening Standard tonight, nothing new (except I think this is the first time the Stadium rehearsal dates are included), but anticipation is clearly building!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/olympics/olympic-news/london-2012-olympics-60000-people-to-practise-their-routines-in-three-secret-opening-ceremony-rehearsals-7827271.html

Also an update from the Rio team, last auditions this weekend and we should be hearing back from next week! They have auditioned a few hundred people but no indication how many they are taking through...
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest