The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Whats a smiley piercing
ooooooh i likey
ladydeborah
This may sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know where I can get henna tattoos done in London? I want to get the tattoo I want done in henna first so I can see if I really want it, too big a decision to rush in to. Or if the henna places in Brighton will be open at this time of year on a Saturday?

Ilford!

But now I see you're in Brighton... Does Brighton have an Asian quarter/street?

Either way, if you google henna artist Brighton, I'm sure you'll come up with something. Or you could do it yourself - henna's pretty easy to master with the tubes that come with applicators.
Got Nerd?
Ilford!

But now I see you're in Brighton... Does Brighton have an Asian quarter/street?

Either way, if you google henna artist Brighton, I'm sure you'll come up with something. Or you could do it yourself - henna's pretty easy to master with the tubes that come with applicators.

I'm not in Brighton, just fancied a day trip. :p: Might have to get the bus to ilford - anywhere in particular? Never been there before so no idea what its like.

I would do it myself, but i really don't have a steady hand, and I want straight lines.
Reply 3925
becky.fm
I would suggest a conch. I got mine pierced only a couple of days ago (at 1.6mm, even though i wanted 2/2.4mm) and i think it looks lovely :smile:

Or how about a rook, snug or anti-tragus? It all depends what your ears look really..

I used to want a rook but I'm not sure, was sorta worried my ears would look unbalenced if i had a tragus in one ear and then something else in the other that was at a different level?

:smile: How did your conch go? Did it hurt and do you have a ring or what in it? Are you planning on stretching it and how come they only pierced you at 1.6? :P
Jinxy
I used to want a rook but I'm not sure, was sorta worried my ears would look unbalenced if i had a tragus in one ear and then something else in the other that was at a different level?

:smile: How did your conch go? Did it hurt and do you have a ring or what in it? Are you planning on stretching it and how come they only pierced you at 1.6? :P

I personally don't think ears ever look unbalanced, but that's my opinion. I've got a scaffold + tragus in my lefty, with conch + tragus in my righty.

My conch went really well thanks :smile: It didn't hurt much, surprisingly.. and even when he was putting the jewellery in, i couldn't really feel it. It was sore yesterday morning though, but that's gone now. I think i'm quite a quick healer tbh, so the bar is moving around without hurting and everything now. It's all good. I've got a PTFE barbell in it, which i wasn't too sure about, but it was that or nothing. Hopefully i'll stretch to 2.4mm, but i can't imagine that being a very easy process tbh! He was originally going to pierce at 1.2mm, but i said i wanted it at larger gauges, but he didn't have any bigger jewellery than 1.6, and because i wanted it there and then, i just went for it! :p:
becky.fm
I personally don't think ears ever look unbalanced, but that's my opinion. I've got a scaffold + tragus in my lefty, with conch + tragus in my righty.

My conch went really well thanks :smile: It didn't hurt much, surprisingly.. and even when he was putting the jewellery in, i couldn't really feel it. It was sore yesterday morning though, but that's gone now. I think i'm quite a quick healer tbh, so the bar is moving around without hurting and everything now. It's all good. I've got a PTFE barbell in it, which i wasn't too sure about, but it was that or nothing. Hopefully i'll stretch to 2.4mm, but i can't imagine that being a very easy process tbh! He was originally going to pierce at 1.2mm, but i said i wanted it at larger gauges, but he didn't have any bigger jewellery than 1.6, and because i wanted it there and then, i just went for it! :p:

stretching a conch will be hard... mine was punched at 6mm but i lost a tunnel so wore 5mm in it for a month.. and getting it back to 6 was agony, and thats without actually stretching cartilage..
Kate.
In Birmingham - Modern Body Art. They're the best around here and the only one I'd go to from the ones I know about. I've never checked out the big Tattoo Palace place in Wolvo though. Go to a proper piercing studio - as a general rule, beauty places suck.

Okay thank you :smile: I will definitely look into Modern Body Art when I'm thinking of getting a new piercing :smile: I'm thinking of getting a tattoo when I'm 18 too are they good for tats?
Yeah I've learnt that beauty places are not so good the hard way :frown: haha
Reply 3929
FoxboroHotTubs:)
Okay thank you :smile: I will definitely look into Modern Body Art when I'm thinking of getting a new piercing :smile: I'm thinking of getting a tattoo when I'm 18 too are they good for tats?
Yeah I've learnt that beauty places are not so good the hard way :frown: haha

They're okay - personally not my kind of style at all, but they're pretty good at what they do. Jo Harrison is pretty well known, has a huge waiting list etc, but my friend said she was a bit of a bitch when he went in to ask about his design. He went to Leah at Spear Studio (also in Birmingham) instead and he's really happy with his tattoo. I don't really know any amazing artists in the Midlands to be honest, but I'm incredibly fussy ;D There's only a handful of people in the whole of the UK who I'd ever get a tattoo from. I'm also much more into piercings than tattoos so there may well be some hidden treasures in the West Mids who I haven't come across :biggrin:
Im in brighton at the moment and have been visiting the Wildcat shop... they have loads of tunnels, dicro and one-off Ikon plug designs all for £3 each. woohooo! my 20mms now have lovely steel top-hats.
Reply 3931
I went there last weekend, I was there for the convention :biggrin: They had like nothing left in 1/2" though, blargh. Although now I really want those dichro top-hat tunnels (but not quite enough to pay £20 for them haha). They were on sale a few months ago too, wish I bought them then =/
I'm considering an inverse navel- anyone here have one? What are the rejection rates like?
xx
Reply 3933
CazTheSpider
I'm considering an inverse navel- anyone here have one? What are the rejection rates like?
xx

I have my inverse navel done, was red for a few days and migrated slightly out while healing but other than that it was fine. I did salt soaks twice a day for a few weeks

I had less trouble with my inverse navel than I'm having trying heal my standard navel :frown:
Kate.
I went there last weekend, I was there for the convention :biggrin: They had like nothing left in 1/2" though, blargh. Although now I really want those dichro top-hat tunnels (but not quite enough to pay £20 for them haha). They were on sale a few months ago too, wish I bought them then =/

yeah i love that shop.. so many pretty things! its a pain getting things in the right sizes though.. but 20mm seems common enough to be all the designs but rare enough for there to be lots left in the sale :biggrin:

i might go back tomorrow and buy some gold dichro star plugs..
man i want to stretch my lobes lol, need to get smaller jewllery
ladydeborah
I'm not in Brighton, just fancied a day trip. :p: Might have to get the bus to ilford - anywhere in particular? Never been there before so no idea what its like.

I would do it myself, but i really don't have a steady hand, and I want straight lines.

There are a hundred Asian beauty places on Ilford Lane and Cranbrook Road, but I don't know any of them in particular. Google is below, but remember that prices quoted will be for bridal henna, which is a lot more complicated and expensive than your design would be (I assume).

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=mehndi+ilford&btnG=Google+Search&meta=lr%3D
coni
I have my inverse navel done, was red for a few days and migrated slightly out while healing but other than that it was fine. I did salt soaks twice a day for a few weeks

I had less trouble with my inverse navel than I'm having trying heal my standard navel :frown:

Thanks for the reply :smile:
I'm considering it for the summer, as I only got my standard 3 months ago, but that seems to be healing well!
Think I will have to change the bar to one with a smaller ball though, as there wont be enough room in my navel otherwise!
I only got a piercing a couple of days back, and i already want another =/
Reply 3939
CazTheSpider
Thanks for the reply :smile:
I'm considering it for the summer, as I only got my standard 3 months ago, but that seems to be healing well!
Think I will have to change the bar to one with a smaller ball though, as there wont be enough room in my navel otherwise!

I have mine done (and my standard). Less people are anatomically suited to an inverse than a standard piercing, so make sure your navel is suitable. However, weirdly, my navel isn't a particularly good shape for it but it actually healed faster and migrated less than my standard did, haha. Assuming you're suited to it, just treat it the same as a standard navel.

Quick Reply

Latest