The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
GemGemsxx
Hey everyone, im going to keele in sept ( if i get the grades) can people tell me what the social scene is like and if its expensive (im gonna be broke otherwise!!lol) Also im looking for some keele buddies before i go, any offers?
Gem gems xx

hiya,

The social scene is alright, but a great night is what you make it. Our Union really really rocks, people I've invisted down from Salford Uni and Manchester Met have said that Keele's is the best union they've been in amonst over Manchester unions and the once in Liverpool - but that's just opinion! :wink:

Its pretty cheap for a night out here, too... inc taxis. On Monday at the union, its Manic Monday which means drinks are 99p, yay! :biggrin:

we get a nice share of good gigs too!

Newcastle under Lyme is alright, its got better over the last year and its pretty cheap and Hanley is also cool. To have a good night out you have to take a few mates out and you're guaranteed to have a top night.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Ahh thats going to be cool then, how did u first meet people when you started?
Im kinda concerned about it... though i suppose everyone is when they start!! :smile:
Reply 3
Hiya
im starting keele this year in september too im doing medicine.
Im really excited and a bit scared new place you know.
But im on a gap year at the mo.
good to luck all who have exams.

Angel M
GemGemsxx
Ahh thats going to be cool then, how did u first meet people when you started?
Im kinda concerned about it... though i suppose everyone is when they start!! :smile:

Living in Halls guarantees that you'll quickly make mates, just don't be shy - everyone is in the same situation...

If you're shy, the Fresher's Disco will sort that one out for you lol, its a great laugh and great for breaking the ice, just be chatty and you'll have loads of mates :smile:
Reply 5
okies cheers 4 the reassurance. i guess ill see you all there in sept then!!!
Reply 6
getting to know people at keele is easy, as someone has already said there is the icebreaker disco on your first night, then you can get involved with the societies (there's a lot of them) and keele is one of those places where you just end up randomly talking to people.

Em.
Reply 7
Any other tips for how to meet people and how to cope for the first few weeks as a new student away from home?
Reply 8
kurst
Any other tips for how to meet people and how to cope for the first few weeks as a new student away from home?

if you're living on campus you'll meet the people in your halls on your first day, and then you'll meet people quickly in your lectures.
otherwise just get involved with all the things that are on during freshers week, don't be afraid to go along to something on your own they'll always be people there in the same position.

Latest