The Student Room Group

Is it dangerous to put your phone in your bra??

Helloooo
I'm going to thorpe park today, and dont plan on taking a bag or anything cos its too much to carry. The only thing I'm going to need to take is my phone and money. The money i'm taking is going in my phone case so problem solved there. And the only other place to put my phone is in my bra, as all of my pockets are loose and it will come out on rides. It also seems a bit pointless me taking a bag just to put a phone in. Just wondering, I know there are rumours that it gives you cancer and stuff, but does anyone know whether or not it is actually dangerous to put a phone in your bra? It would pretty much be for all day as well. Thank you!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Oh for ****s sake... :facepalm2:

You've got more of a chance of getting cancer from actually using your phone than you do shoving it down your top. Put down whatever scaremongering paper you've been reading and enjoy your day at Thorpe Park :yy:
facepalm - then double face palm

thats all
why would shoving it down your bra be any worse then a pocket?
Reply 4
Good luck with that (if you want your boob to fall off mid ride).

:rolleyes:
Original post by Boristhethird
why would shoving it down your bra be any worse then a pocket?

Cos as its closer to the breast, its rumoured that you can get breast cancer
Original post by Charlotteeee<3

you can get cancer anywhere in your body.
also, when a messages is sent from your phone, it radiates in all directions, so would be travelling though your breasts anyway.
Reply 7
yes :perv:

but not really considering mobiles do not cause cancer, the only risk is cooking part of your brain if you have it taped to the side of your head in a call for 24 hours a day. keeping it between your tits for a few hours on idle isn't going to harm you in any way. you could always leave it switched off while it's 'in storage' and only have it on when you need to make a call, if you're that worried.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
It's a load of rubbish, they post all these 'experiments' in the paper that are done on small sample sizes or don't take other factors into account, just about anything will give you cancer nowadays, drinking water, breathing air, opening a dam cupboard might give you cancer. Your phone won't give you cancer.

Even if it was true, you wouldn't get cancer simply from having your phone next to your breast for a few hours, think of all the time it spends at your ear, if it gave cancer that easily, you'd probably have a brain tumour by now.
Reply 9
Original post by Drunk Punx
Oh for ****s sake... :facepalm2:

You've got more of a chance of getting cancer from actually using your phone than you do shoving it down your top. Put down whatever scaremongering paper you've been reading and enjoy your day at Thorpe Park :yy:

This. So much this.
As long as I can take it out
:drool:
You do realise the only way that there would be a serious risk of phones causing cancer is if you had it to your head, making a call for hours a day.

A few hours at Thorpe Park would be fine.
Original post by Charlotteeee<3

Yeah, but think about it, not from a few hours at Thorpe Park.
Reply 13
Yeah as long as I can take it out for you when its vibrating :sexface:
Rofl you idiot
Reply 15
LOL
If you're that worried you don't need your phone :tongue:
:laugh:
Reply 17
But don't worry, honestly. I used to be like this. Though if it's the biggest thing you've got to worry about, enjoy yourself :smile:
Ermm... won't it quite easily fall out of your bra going upside down? Last time I checked, my boobs weren't very good at holding items?
Reply 19
It's probably too late now but don't you have any pockets with zips? Is taking a bag that much effort?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending