The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingcoltzan
Correct me if I'm wrong - I recall it being around 5,5,3C ?

*4.9,4.9,2.5c
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
*4.9,4.9,2.5c

Original post by Notsocleverstudent
*4.9,4.9,2.5c

pedantic
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ob.is.a.bit.good
anybody applying to the graduate programme?

I am! The wait to hear back is killing me! where else have you applied? I've gone for GEM at Imperial, Kings, Oxford, and St Georges.
Reply 204
Original post by englishman129
You didn't really aim the question at me but I'm a medic fresher too..

My advice: bmat bmat bmat

Hey englishman129 what is BMAT? x
Original post by Straight up G
pedantic

Considering the person said it would be an entire 0.5 above the cut-off point for section 3, I wouldn't classify myself that.
Original post by Ebony_x

Plz tell me you're either a) joking or b) not applying to imperial, ucl or oxbridge
Original post by Ebony_x

Basically, it's a sort of aptitude test, like the UKCAT, which is used by UCL, Oxbridge, Imperial, and The Royal Veterinary college. It's taken all over the UK on the 2nd November, so if you want to register, you'll have to pay a late fee in addition to the actual fee. The link is:
http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/bmat

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 208
I applied to Imperial college! I hope I have a chance, but I know they focus a lot on the BMAT :/ I actually did the BMAT last year and my first section wouldn't have reached the cut off point so I'm hoping I improve! Does anyone know if Imperial send you a confirmation email saying that they received your application?
Sent my application off today. I am actually a re-applicant. Kinda hate that you sit the BMAT after the application is off. Hopefully I will do as well as I did last year.
Original post by noobie93
I applied to Imperial college! I hope I have a chance, but I know they focus a lot on the BMAT :/ I actually did the BMAT last year and my first section wouldn't have reached the cut off point so I'm hoping I improve! Does anyone know if Imperial send you a confirmation email saying that they received your application?

I think all unis send you a confirmation email.
Original post by JessicaStacks
I think all unis send you a confirmation email.

In an ideal world that would be the case, but in reality it's entirely dependent on individual uni admin...! Don't panic if things appear a bit slow (unless of course it's May 2012 and there's still no reply :tongue: )
Reply 212
what section is everyone worried about? is it only me or is everyone finding section 1 the hardest??
Reply 213
Original post by Nnuunnuu
what section is everyone worried about? is it only me or is everyone finding section 1 the hardest??

Section 1 > Section 3 > Section 2
Original post by Nator
Section 1 > Section 3 > Section 2

I'd say Section 1>Section 2>Section 3
Reply 215
Do imperial HAVE to give you a interview if you meet entry requirements and are above the BMAT cut-off (4.9,4.9,2.5c in 2010) ?
Reply 216
Original post by Shreyank
Do imperial HAVE to give you a interview if you meet entry requirements and are above the BMAT cut-off (4.9,4.9,2.5c in 2010) ?

I went to the open day and from what I inferred. You're extremely likely to get an interview if you're above the cut-off mark.
Original post by FrenziedPenguin
I am! The wait to hear back is killing me! where else have you applied? I've gone for GEM at Imperial, Kings, Oxford, and St Georges.

GEC birmingham and 5 year newcastle/manchester!
Original post by ob.is.a.bit.good
GEC birmingham and 5 year newcastle/manchester!

Good luck! Have you heard anything from Imperial yet? They're the only one of my choices who haven't acknowledged my application. I know it's silly but I can't help but worry about it!
I'm most worried about 2>3>1. Last year I did best in 1, good in 3 and just above cutoff in 2.

Quick Reply