The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lily Academia
Oh, and I decided to volunteer at the hospital today despite still being a bit poorly.
Deliberately did not cough over ANY patients.

I hope you get better soon. :hugs:

My piano teacher leads a music club for people with dementia, so I am thinking of asking her if I could help out by singing and playing the piano for them. I would quite like to do that, especially now that I am not rushing music exams. :moon:

Original post by Coco_94
:hugs:

What did you do to it? :smile:

Indeed. It's hard to read, as it's also in oldy norwegian...not Modern Norwegian. I can't remember the proper name for it...

Unbraid and perm with a few things inbetween. The joys of having afro hair. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can imagine! :eek2: Good luck with it. :h:
That would be brilliant but tricky to organise (unless you have a relative already in that field?) - you're likely to get asked for a CRB check at the very least and there'll be a lot of paperwork to get through. That sort of thing is so hard to get into if you're under 18. At the hospital I volunteer each week with the WRVS for 4 hours - I love it but I really wish I could do something more 'care' oriented; I'm mostly in the shop on the till or transporting stock around the hospital. It's good exercise though; hospitals are huge.

Are you thinking about Psychology for uni?

I am indeed! Possibly Joint with Philosophy...but Psychology is one of the two things I want to do. I want to make sure I'm well rounded though and don't neglect either of those two in regards to what I do outside of school for them. Not that I can do much for Philosophy other than read lots.

Yes, I imagine it would be tough...but it'd be worth it, so I can say I did it, but also for the actual experience and insight I could gain. Thanks for the heads up though. Unfortunately I have no relatives in that field, no.
Just Core 1 - and I had to fight for it too! At my school all exams except retakes are in June, but I asked if I could be entered early, giving me more time to self-teach M1. Since the Maths dept. are lovely they eventually obliged and I got a present of C1 past papers from them on Friday :yep: People seem to have 'forgotten' all of Add Maths, so it's been a bit boring in the Core lessons so far. (But then again I think only 2 in our year got As in that)

And it does waste time, but it's more an issue of having way too much time to think? I just end up worrying over things. More to the point - on three separate occasions I've had dodgy people stop and ask me if I want a lift. One time this guy would not stop asking and I had to stop talking, walk very quickly and pretend to get out my phone (which I‘d left at home - so by pretend I literally mean fumble-with-bag-in-a-threatening-manner) Some of the time it's okay - e.g. an old woman stopped me once, said she passed the school on her way to work, had a grandchild in the backseat and I eyed her up and thought: "I could take her" should things get nasty :tongue:) I have had SO many people worry unnecessarily over me though! Honestly, it's not that far. If I were male people wouldn't bat an eyelid. I can take it!

C1 is very boring, I agree. Especially having done Add-Maths last year. I didn't know you're self-teaching M1, how are you finding it? Nothing much happens in the first half of the module, just a lot of trigonometry applied to simple situations. The only new thing I've learnt has been calculating the frictional coefficient and the other friction stuff.

I'm sure you can take it, but I get bored after a five minute walk; I couldn't do 8 miles twice a day, ever.
Original post by Maths_Lover

Unbraid and perm with a few things inbetween. The joys of having afro hair. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can imagine! :eek2: Good luck with it. :h:

Oh I see, I used to have curly hair....:teehee:....then I took an arrow to the knee.
I'm sure it's nicer than you seem to think.

Thank you. I'll need it. It wouldn't surprise me if I eventually give up. I'm no Etoile. :rofl:
Original post by Etoile
It might look like a normal one, but on closer inspection it is a brand new species!

Spoiler

So do I! :sogood:
Or any piano :emo:

You might have been in town at the time, not at home! :yep:

Friends. :lolwut:

I own an electric piano. :tongue:

If it began to rain, I would go home. :tongue:
:yawn:
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis

C1 is very boring, I agree. Especially having done Add-Maths last year. I didn't know you're self-teaching M1, how are you finding it? Nothing much happens in the first half of the module, just a lot of trigonometry applied to simple situations. The only new thing I've learnt has been calculating the frictional coefficient and the other friction stuff.

I'm sure you can take it, but I get bored after a five minute walk; I couldn't do 8 miles twice a day, ever.

M1 is fine. I think I prefer it a lot to Core at the moment and you're right, I can't see why some people struggle at this stage because half of it seems to just be simple SUVAT and trig (there's not even variable acceleration! I liked that! :shakecane:) mhmm - and I like friction, even if it's just for the chance to use 'mu' :redface: How is FM? (Wish I could do that - Maths keep urging me to adopt it as a 6th AS but I don't think it's feasible with only 2 or so frees a week. Mind you, have had a look at some Decision and it seems to be algorithmsalorgithmsalgorithms and not much else)

Oh, I just listen to the ipod. And look and the menacing cows. And try not to let my hands freeze too much...
Original post by berryripple
:yawn:

Tired? I woke up at 2.
Tired? I woke up at 2.

I woke up at 05.30 and opened my advent calendar for today :h:
Then went back to bed til about 10.30.
Reply 349
Original post by Coco_94
We shall see one day :colone:
:hugs: We better not be. :colone: :hugs:

Not as bad as the giant squid...was it you who got the rather remarkable description of how I feel about them?

See we shall :colone:
Of course not! :hugs:

It's worse to me! Yes, it was me who you told. I do believe spawn of satan was mentioned a few times :lol:

Original post by Coco_94
Indeed. It's hard to read, as it's also in oldy norwegian...not Modern Norwegian. I can't remember the proper name for it...

I bet I could read it :smug: :teehee:

Spoiler

Original post by Coco_94
Unfortunately I have no relatives in that field, no.

Didn't you say something about your mum...?

Original post by Heptapus
Friends. :lolwut:

I own an electric piano. :tongue:

If it began to rain, I would go home. :tongue:

Friends :love:
I own a keyboard. It only has 6 C's :emo:
You could get home quicker if you travelled by camel :yep:
Original post by Etoile
See we shall :colone:
Of course not! :hugs:

It's worse to me! Yes, it was me who you told. I do believe spawn of satan was mentioned a few times :lol:

I bet I could read it :smug: :teehee:

Didn't you say something about your mum...?

I know it is, :hugs:. Bloody good! :teehee: :rofl:

PRobably, :rofl:
I envy your linguistic ability.

She's working towards, but not in. I'll explain that to you another time.
Reply 351
Original post by Coco_94
I know it is, :hugs:. Bloody good! :teehee: :rofl:

PRobably, :rofl:
I envy your linguistic ability.

She's working towards, but not in. I'll explain that to you another time.

:jumphugs:
Check my sneaky edit :teehee: I could probably get the gist though :lol:
I envy your philosophical ability!
Okey :smile:
Original post by Etoile
:jumphugs:
Check my sneaky edit :teehee: I could probably get the gist though :lol:
I envy your philosophical ability!
Okey :smile:

Norwegian isn't THAT bad. Not when spoken..at least..
It's more tenacity than ability. :teehee:
It'll be explained along with one or two other things. :lol: :jumphug:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 353
Original post by Coco_94
Norwegian isn't THAT bad. Not when spoken..at least..
It's more tenacity than ability. :teehee:
It'll be explained along with one or two other things. :lol: :jumphugs:

When reading more complex things in Swedish I have to read them out loud :facepalm2: You will have to start telling me things in Norwegian as well :tongue:
:lol: that applies to languages too! Seriously, in Italian I just think of things in French and then make them sound a bit more Italian :teehee:
Okey :smile: :grouphugs:
I might go and learn some german

I might do some homework

I might just sit here and do nothing

or i might stop telling you what i might do...

I'm so bored :facepalm2:
Reply 355
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I might go and learn some german

I might do some homework

I might just sit here and do nothing

or i might stop telling you what i might do...

I'm so bored :facepalm2:

:lol:
German! :ahee:
I am listening to German music while I organise my files... in a very German mood today :lol: Have your teachers given you loads of homework for the holidays?
Original post by Etoile
Friends :love:
I own a keyboard. It only has 6 C's :emo:
You could get home quicker if you travelled by camel :yep:

I don't watch friends.
Oh. :/ Not the same as playing the piano. :/
What about a car? :colonhash:

---

I can almost play I Giorni. :ahee:
M1 is fine. I think I prefer it a lot to Core at the moment and you're right, I can't see why some people struggle at this stage because half of it seems to just be simple SUVAT and trig (there's not even variable acceleration! I liked that! :shakecane:) mhmm - and I like friction, even if it's just for the chance to use 'mu' :redface: How is FM? (Wish I could do that - Maths keep urging me to adopt it as a 6th AS but I don't think it's feasible with only 2 or so frees a week. Mind you, have had a look at some Decision and it seems to be algorithmsalorgithmsalgorithms and not much else)

Oh, I just listen to the ipod. And look and the menacing cows. And try not to let my hands freeze too much...

I prefer it to C1, but C3's pretty cool so far. I also like using 'mu' to be honest.

FM is getting good now - we've started to cover stuff I didn't already know in much detail, and soon I'll be learning entirely new things and the subject will become even more interesting.
Decision is just that - my school doesn't do it because they want to stretch FM students. I don't think I'd enjoy it.
Original post by Etoile
I am listening to German music while I organise my files... in a very German mood today :lol: Have your teachers given you loads of homework for the holidays?

Yes! I have so much, plus revision for all the mocks :tongue:
you? :ahee:
Original post by Etoile

A fair bit, i want to do some revision as well. What about you? or is it just revision for AS exams ?

Latest