The Student Room Group

Edexcel 2012 GCE grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by gooner4ever
Exactly! I'm a busy man with clients to see I was only, like so many other people on this forum, trying to provide my service and help for my fellow British students!

My apology here if you are telling the truth.

I just felt unbelievable that's all, not saying it was fake or anything.

Just 70 for C4 and 61 for Economics is a bit over. Everyone will get Ds in my school if these are true, and we are selective grammar school.
Reply 101
The iG.C.S.E. Maths 2012 one seems very reasonable indeed, 80 for an A*?

Please may someone confirm that these are real? :frown: I hope this isn't false hope for nothing...I'd be devastated!

Ah well, I doubt this person would go to all that time and effort to make stuff up. :smile:
Lol, they are real... Someone did this last year (changed the URL) and the boundaries were the same when posted on the edexcel site.
Reply 103
Original post by James A
did you get your 'clean sweep' of 100 ums big boy?

Probably. I haven't seen my results yet. The boundaries are a bit irrelevant given that I probably didn't drop any marks anyway.
Reply 104
Original post by AtomicMan
Failed physics, resit here I come

Are you talking about AS Physics unit 1???

Original post by JollyGreenAtheist
Presuming this is legit, wonderful!

Politics boundaries are offensively low. Is this usual? 62% for an A?

I was thinking the same thing...

<3 x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 105
Looks like I'm going to be retaking EVERYTHING
68/75 for an A in M2, Kill me now!
hey guys i got 92 in c3 in june 2011 ... and almost dropped about 12 -13 marks in c4 .is there any hope for an A*??????
Biology unit 2 grade boundaries are ridiculous!
Reply 109
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle

Tbh that was expected. That paper was far too easy - it asked us to do the same thing three times in the collision question :/

M1 I think is reasonable - it wasnt a hard paper, but had a lot of questions which caught people out, so thats a pretty nice boundary.

Feel sorry for anyone doing the s2 and fp1 resits :frown:
Reply 110
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle

At this point I think everyone wants to kill themselves. I did not do M2 and my sympathies do lie with you, 68/75 WTF!!! But I did physics and I found the paper really hard but the grade boundaries have surprisingly risen from last year. Kill edexcel and all bastard examining bodies.
Reply 111
C3?! 65/75 FOR AN A!! THAT'S RIDICULOUS!
English Literature doesn't look too bad, 71/100...hmm, it was a hard paper in comparison to the rest, but I honestly found C3 do-able; if you've seen the mark scheme it is SO SPECIFIC!

Edexcel should die.
C3 and C4 have identical boundaries across every grade from A to E. What are the chances?
why are all of mine much higher than usual :angry: and the papers were harder!
Reply 114
Can guarentee that these grade boundaries are wrong. About 7 of my grades prove it so.
Reply 115
Umm..a stupid question I know, but how does the UMS system work in accordance to the Raw Mark? I'm really confused because when I turn all my raw marks to percentages (i.e. out of 100), it's apparently a different UMS score :s-smilie:
Reply 116
so pissed of with edexcel, ocr and aqa exam boards. :mad2:
Original post by elprince_ra
hey guys i got 92 in c3 in june 2011 ... and almost dropped about 12 -13 marks in c4 .is there any hope for an A*??????

You'll need 180 UMS over the 2 exams. So you'll only need 88 in C4 for the A*
Original post by Gawjuz.x
Umm..a stupid question I know, but how does the UMS system work in accordance to the Raw Mark? I'm really confused because when I turn all my raw marks to percentages (i.e. out of 100), it's apparently a different UMS score :s-smilie:

lol you can't hope to work it out. they have their own scale which is adjusted depending on the raw mark nationally achieved. i saw in another forum someone who got 100% got the paper back and had like 57/80 :s-smilie:

I guess their scale depends on what they initially think, national averages, and the subject being taken. Just try your best and dont worry to much about the conversion, there isnt one set formula

Quick Reply

Latest