The Student Room Group

When should I start revising?

I have 3 exams in History, Politics and Sociology dotted between the 10th-20th June. I'm currently on AAA, albeit they are close to the boundaries, and would need to get around 80 for History (I love), 77 for Politics and 74 for Sociology.

When should I start? I'm so nervous about F-ing up! Now would be a silly time to start in my opinion, it's 3 months away and I only starting learning content for these units in January.
Reply 1
Original post by sarah1345
I have 3 exams in History, Politics and Sociology dotted between the 10th-20th June. I'm currently on AAA, albeit they are close to the boundaries, and would need to get around 80 for History (I love), 77 for Politics and 74 for Sociology.

When should I start? I'm so nervous about F-ing up! Now would be a silly time to start in my opinion, it's 3 months away and I only starting learning content for these units in January.

You haven't started yet????-You have never got to stop revising for A-Levels.You need to start ASAP by checking over tough topics,you've just learned and checking over topics,you've forgotten.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
You need to start now by checking over tough topics,you've just learned and checking over topics,you've forgotten.You have never got to stop revising for A-Levels.

You're doing GCSEs.. go away.

OP, I'd start making all your revision notes now to save yourself time later.
Reply 3
now
Reply 4
You haven't started yet????-You have never got to stop revising for A-Levels.You need to start ASAP by checking over tough topics,you've just learned and checking over topics,you've forgotten.

I did 6 weeks revision for 7 exams last summer, and 4 weeks of revision for 4 exams this January, and am now on AAA with 3 exams left, I think that's a good deal. I don't know how you're going to get through a degree with that amount of work at A-level...
Reply 5
Original post by Miracle Day
You're doing GCSEs.. go away.

OP, I'd start making all your revision notes now to save yourself time later.

Yeah, I might start writing up revision cards over easter to learn the content, then with 6 weeks to go start nailing past papers and doing plans? :smile:

GCSEs are nothing compared with AS, let alone A2s
Reply 6
Make some notes and cards :smile: that's what I've been doing also maybe make a plan!

It's never too early to start believe me. Even if others say to you oh I won't be starting until Easter or oh I only started 2 eeks before, that's a smoke screen. Besides you won't regret it when com results day you opeen the envelop and you get te grades you want and need. So start as soon as you ca really and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
Reply 8
I did 6 weeks revision for 7 exams last summer, and 4 weeks of revision for 4 exams this January, and am now on AAA with 3 exams left, I think that's a good deal. I don't know how you're going to get through a degree with that amount of work at A-level...

Degrees,often don't require revision because they are mainly dissertation.

apparently now is when you need to start revising. Don't do what i will inevitably do, put it off till about 2 weeks before and be overwhelmed by just how much you have to do.
Reply 10
Now would be a good time to start relaxed revision, rather than having it pile up and you stressing out nearer to the exam, good luck x

lol your profile picture
I'm getting sick and tired of seeing these threads come up again and again during this week ALONE.

FFS, revise when you want to revise. Just don't leave it at the last minute. :colonhash:
Reply 13
now
Reply 14
Original post by This Honest
I'm getting sick and tired of seeing these threads come up again and again during this week ALONE.

FFS, revise when you want to revise. Just don't leave it at the last minute. :colonhash:

Sorry, I was only asking for opinions! Last year for AS, I started around Easter, with exams in mid-may. However, everything is a month later this time round for A2, and unlike last year when I had 7, this year I have just three.

Quick Reply

Latest