The Student Room Group

Pizza Hut rejected :(

After I apply for them, and I think I got automatic reject. Here is the email.

Thanks for applying for a position with Pizza Hut (UK) Ltd! Unfortunately you have not met our requirements at this stage of our process and therefore we will not be progressing your application further. We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in this position and wish you all the best in your continued job search.

I don't really get what I need to get that require. Is it about qualifications because I also apply for KFC too and it said "qualifications must be meet requirement" and I start to confuse now. :frown: Please help

Scroll to see replies

It's probably down to experience, age or qualifications (food hygeine/gcses). Was this after you filed in a questionnaire for the job?
(edited 11 years ago)
You have GCSE English & Maths? Is there a minimum amount of GCSE/A-Level grades you need?

Did you check if they need a food hygiene qualification?
Reply 3
well, my qualification is:
english language C
math A
Science C
Textiles A
IT: 1 Merit, 3 pass
sport studies: pass
PE : pass

@Clare: yeah! i filed all of the questionaire and it send me that email.
@ConorF: do they need food hygiene qualification??? I don't know but i sure i didn't see it.
I filled in the same form a year ago, before I'd had a proper job (i.e. so I said I had no experience). I got the same email, so I assume you don't have any/enough work experience? I know how you feel though, I spent a fair while on that questionnaire!

So yeah, I think it automatically rejected you because it was filtering out applicants without experience.
Reply 5
I'm not sure. I've applied to Pizza Hut 3 times. Each time I applied with practically the same things,lol-

.17 years old
.Worked at Waterstones as an xmas temp for 3 months and a waitress previously for 6 months
.AS Levels and GCSEs

and still I got the reject. It might be your availability.
I got the same, ignorant ****s.
Reply 7
how much work experience need to get the damn job >"< it's so harsh ...
does anyone know what they expects?
Reply 8
Original post by NKenny
how much work experience need to get the damn job >"< it's so harsh ...
does anyone know what they expects?

It's just a way that they have to screen applications. They receive so many that they automatically filter out those that don't have experience. It really isn't anything personal.

You should consider something like delivery staff or events. I dug this one up for you which doesn't seem to require experience.
Reply 9
Original post by gribeiro94
It's just a way that they have to screen applications. They receive so many that they automatically filter out those that don't have experience. It really isn't anything personal.

You should consider something like delivery staff or events. I dug this one up for you which doesn't seem to require experience.

really thanks but i'm not live in London >"< but I will try to try on the website :tongue: thanks xD
Reply 10
I really wouldn't take it personally I got rejected from Harvester and I have GCSE's, Alevels, Food Hygiene Certificate, First Aid Certificate, 6 months waitressing weddings experience, 6 months waitressing in Frankie and Bennys, 6 months in retail, 6 months reception experience, 12 months as an Account manager.. ect. So I really don't know what they want.

Maybe my full time job as an account manager before I went to Uni put them off. :/

I'm currently working at BHS but applied to Asda yesterday, I decided to just include my retail and waitressing experience and miss everything else off.
Reply 11
Did you do an online application with a test about customer service situations etc? If so, they filter it out automatically so they only have to read through the applicants who scored highest on that test and then read through their application instead of going through them all.
Original post by hvh
I really wouldn't take it personally I got rejected from Harvester and I have GCSE's, Alevels, Food Hygiene Certificate, First Aid Certificate, 6 months waitressing weddings experience, 6 months waitressing in Frankie and Bennys, 6 months in retail, 6 months reception experience, 12 months as an Account manager.. ect. So I really don't know what they want.

Maybe my full time job as an account manager before I went to Uni put them off. :/

I'm currently working at BHS but applied to Asda yesterday, I decided to just include my retail and waitressing experience and miss everything else off.

**** me, you have tonnes of experience and still got rejected!?

I found with applying for work that it was part luck and part work experience. Mostly luck in my case tbh.
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to notify you whether you passed the online job assessment?

I only applied yesterday...
Reply 14
I got rejected too and I don't know why. I had GCSE's and AS levels when I applied plus a food hygeine certificate and a years experience working in a place similar to greggs so had customer service exp and worked in a food environment and still got rejected! Who knows what they want!
Reply 15
Original post by NKenny
After I apply for them, and I think I got automatic reject. Here is the email.

Thanks for applying for a position with Pizza Hut (UK) Ltd! Unfortunately you have not met our requirements at this stage of our process and therefore we will not be progressing your application further. We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in this position and wish you all the best in your continued job search.

I don't really get what I need to get that require. Is it about qualifications because I also apply for KFC too and it said "qualifications must be meet requirement" and I start to confuse now. :frown: Please help

Did you have to fill out a questionnaire in which your charector was put in strange circumstances and you had to decided which was the best situation from some bullet points??
Or did they ask you to tell them all your qualifications?
Go out and get a job, they said. The employment market isn't that bad, they said...
Reply 17
Something about your post made me: :eek: and :teehee: as well hehe.
Reply 18
I was hehe. :biggrin: If I were in the same position I'd react the same as well :woo:

I think I had the same experience before! I was rejected by Pizza Hut (with no whatsoever reason) during my teens, and until now, I still have (some slight) bitterness toward that particular chain! :awesome: :tongue:
Reply 19
:hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending