The Student Room Group

what does basic salary mean?

ive been looking at jobs which offers both basic salary plus commission, what does basic salary mean is it min wage???:confused:
Reply 1
It means the minimum you'll earn before commison/bonuses etc for example it might say basic salary £12,000 but that's without bonsues etc,I think anyway

AJxx
It means the pay you will receive as a minimum, whether you sell anything or not.
Reply 3
Basic salary is what they state as being basic salary.

I.e. You could have a basic salary of 15,000

Then you might get a few benefits (location allowance, lunch allowance etc)

Maybe taking it up to say 15,500

Then if there's commission/bonus, then you'll also be paid that on top.

Basic salary does NOT mean minimum wage.
Reply 4
this job ive seen also offer OTE which the salary stated ranges from 15,000 to 20,000 OTE? does that involve extra for working overtime ??:confused:
OTE means "on target earnings", and includes basic salary, commission and bonuses acquired by meeting sales or other targets. The basic salary will, obviously, be lower.
your basic salary is the gross salary you will be paid for turning up and performing to the minimum required, and oonly working within normal office hours

it will not include any benefit in kind perks, shift allowances, commissions + bonuses etc that a job may offer
I have two wages in one wage packet should the smaller one be the basic wage and the larger be second post
Reply 8
Original post by Minnie mu
ive been looking at jobs which offers both basic salary plus commission, what does basic salary mean is it min wage???:confused:

The normal type you would find in a supermarket.

:perv:
Does this mean I get paid wether I sell a item or not or is it commission based?
Nonsense. You don't need to be paid to work. Liberal entitlement culture at it again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending