The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

What kind of job did you find with a BA at london Met???

Hi Guys!

I just graduated with a BA International Business with London Met? Is it possible to find a job quite easily? What kind of salary should I expect?

Thanks for replying! :wink:

Scroll to see replies

hI.

To bo honest, a degree from London Met is equivalent to nothing.

Your future is bleak.
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
above post is ridiculous - the key is to know your limits and reach for attainable jobs.

use your career service. if you got the 2.1 and decent a levels you may get onto some less prestige grad schemes - as long as you have the full package - real ability, extra activities etc etc

people like the above poster are heavily misguided
Reply 3
freshy 212 is right. LondonMet is considered great for teaching, especially in the business school, the arts, psychology, politics, architecture and law.

It just went through a quality audit and got great marks for teaching. If you don't believe me go to the qaa website and read the report for yourself.

And as for jobs, my mate just gotta job in the city on a starting salary of 26k plus benefits and travel allowance. He got a 2:1.

Good luck with your course.
freshy212
above post is ridiculous - the key is to know your limits and reach for attainable jobs.

use your career service. if you got the 2.1 and decent a levels you may get onto some less prestige grad schemes - as long as you have the full package - real ability, extra activities etc etc

people like the above poster are heavily misguided

if one had descent a level, real ability, extra activities they wouldnt end up in a rubbish hole called London Met (bottom of the league) where most people get in thru clearence.

You guys have to face the music, London met has no link to industry, most graduates from london met work in tescos and sainsbury's.. so stop kidding yourselves, most employers will bin your cv after seeing London met written on it.

I am just being honest in answering the query.
Reply 5
exiled-student
if one had descent a level, real ability, extra activities they wouldnt end up in a rubbish hole called London Met (bottom of the league) where most people get in thru clearence.

You guys have to face the music, London met has no link to industry, most graduates from london met work in tescos and sainsbury's.. so stop kidding yourselves, most employers will bin your cv after seeing London met written on it.

I am just being honest in answering the query.

Your are so ignorant, yeh so wat London Met isnt one of the best unis in London, but that doesnt mean ppl cant find a job, and ur assumptions of ppl workin in sainsburys, tescos, etc isnt right, infact i happen to know some one hu graduated from London Met and is now currently in JP Morgan- (yeh dats right u heard- graduated from London Met, and that was soon after he graduated!!!)
Also, he is actually earnin more dan ppl hu actually went to one of da best unis. Therefore i suggest you tink twice b4 making nasty comments abt dis uni and puttin ppl down (**Your future is bleak**)

And yeh fair enough, am sure ppl alredy kno London Met is at the bottom of the league of university rankings, but you dnt need to exaggerate!!!!

@ JENNY- DE

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Good Luck with the job hunting!!!
shanaz2k6
Your are so ignorant, yeh so wat London Met isnt one of the best unis in London, but that doesnt mean ppl cant find a job, and ur assumptions of ppl workin in sainsburys, tescos, etc isnt right, infact i happen to know some one hu graduated from London Met and is now currently in JP Morgan- (yeh dats right u heard- graduated from London Met, and that was soon after he graduated!!!)
Also, he is actually earnin more dan ppl hu actually went to one of da best unis. Therefore i suggest you tink twice b4 making nasty comments abt dis uni and puttin ppl down (**Your future is bleak**)

And yeh fair enough, am sure ppl alredy kno London Met is at the bottom of the league of university rankings, but you dnt need to exaggerate!!!!

@ JENNY- DE

Why are people so touchy here.

I went to London Met, so I know. Most people who graduated same time as me, still looking for professional jobs. People can get jobs in JP morgan as admin staff or receptionist... no big deal.

I was lucky to get a place in kings for masters and was offered a job straight away, but given the competition nowdays I doubt anyone graduating from London met will get a job paying anything more 20k.

Lets face it, whats the pass rate at London Met? How many people actually leave with a 2:1?? if you guys can be amongst that tiny portion who actually leave London Met with a 2:1 than good luck else stop kidding yourselves.

Sorry, I am not being negative I am just trying to make you guys understand the reality, which sounds harsh but better than someone told you,

Anyway Good luck guys. May the force be with you :rolleyes:
shanaz2k6

@ JENNY- DE

No offense but there are plenty of people who can get into JP Morgan doing administrative work or human resources. I doubt the person you are talking about is actually an investment banker.
Reply 8
shady lane
No offense but there are plenty of people who can get into JP Morgan doing administrative work or human resources. I doubt the person you are talking about is actually an investment banker.

actually MATE he is, so u no longer need to be in doubt.

and @ exiled student.. i hope u didnt get da impression that i was bein rude, as to be honest i dnt tink its nice to talk down upon ne UNIs, but seein as u say u went to London Met and ur talkin from ur experience.. hmm well i guess ders nowt much else to say.. and mayb i wud say da person i kno was one of d extremely luky ones... so there is hope for others....

but u av to bear in mind that even the ones that go to the best unis, dnt exactly find demselves wit a job, as i kno many ppl hu went to decent unis and yet are still unemployed...

o well.. lets see what the future holds for me.. hmm :confused:
Reply 9
Oh, the prospects are endless!

My friend Barbara for instance came out with a First Class Degree in Law and ended up working for Islington Council

...in the waste removal department.

As their marketing strategy states, "485 courses. Endless opportunities"

x
shanaz2k6
but u av to bear in mind that even the ones that go to the best unis, dnt exactly find demselves wit a job, as i kno many ppl hu went to decent unis and yet are still unemployed...

o well.. lets see what the future holds for me.. hmm :confused:

Unless your spelling improves dramatically, your future holds jobs at Tesco and MacDonalds.
shanaz2k6
actually MATE he is, so u no longer need to be in doubt.

hmm well since JP Morgan doesn't even recruit at London Met, he must have gotten some job in between, if he is actually a banker, assuming you understand the divisions within a bank.

Anyway my cousin graduated from there, he said it was rubbish, and he is jobless with a BA in Marketing from London Met.
Reply 12
Well your cousin is allowed to say its rubbish seeming as he was ACTUALLY there.
:smile:
Reply 13
fundamentally
Unless your spelling improves dramatically, your future holds jobs at Tesco and MacDonalds.

haha.. thnx

shady lane
hmm well since JP Morgan doesn't even recruit at London Met, he must have gotten some job in between, if he is actually a banker, assuming you understand the divisions within a bank.

I do know what I'm talking about!!!
Shanaz, to get into professional jobs in city investment bank, these companies requier at least 24 UCAS points, if this person really had 24 UCAS points what on earth were they doing at London Met?

Sorry, this does nto match up. However if it makes you feel good.. than thats ok. lol
I am not here to diss anyone.

Just stating the facts.
tiempo
Well your cousin is allowed to say its rubbish seeming as he was ACTUALLY there.
:smile:

I am allowed to say its rubbish is well :biggrin:
Reply 17
exiled-student
Shanaz, to get into professional jobs in city investment bank, these companies requier at least 24 UCAS points, if this person really had 24 UCAS points what on earth were they doing at London Met?

Sorry, this does nto match up. However if it makes you feel good.. than thats ok. lol

haha.., btw am not makin myself feel better.. i KNOW wot am talkin abt and i only posted in this thread to give hope to others, as it dnt always end up in negative ways.

And I do kno wot u mean, he even says it for himself.. 'how on earth did i manage to get a job like this?'

and btw da only reason y he went to London Met was simple really- he messed up in his A levels...(erm am sure this is goes 4 others n all)

So its up 2 u guys to believe me or not (dnt really care if u dnt either) coz I kno wot am talkin abt.... and like i said I only posted in this thread to share this with others, hu can also think... 'hmm luk where this person ended up wit a BA Degree in London Met'
(btw I dnt even go to London Met maself)

and another thing... 24 UCAS Points... erm u cant get 24 UCAS points, as one E (alevel) is equivalent to 40 points... lol tot i might aswell point that out,
Reply 18
exiled-student
I am allowed to say its rubbish is well :biggrin:

So can I!!! :smile:
YAY!
*Hi fiiivvvve* :smile:
shanaz2k6

and another thing... 24 UCAS Points... erm u cant get 24 UCAS points, as one E (alevel) is equivalent to 40 points... lol tot i might aswell point that out,

I think they were referring to the old A level points sytem?

Quick Reply

Latest