The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not sure if the two things are related, but eating under cooked chicken is not good at all.
Reply 2
No.

You'll feel a bit 'soggy' yourself though.

Chances are that nothing will happen, food in this country is exceptionally safe.

You may however get some form of gastroenteritis; vomiting & diarrhoea. Watch for bloody diarrhoea with mucus, if this happens seek help. Otherwise, just keep well hydrated and try to keep eating, symptoms should pass within a week.
Reply 3
dont think they would be related =S

but raw chicken isnt good! all sorts of things could be in it. inc salmonella which isnt nice.
not really all that much you can do now though is there.. just sit tight & hope you dont come down with food poisoning or something.

im a little puzzled as to how you could eat a whole pack of raw chicken without noticing though really :s-smilie:
Reply 4
hmm not that safe theres all sorts of rubbish in everything nowadays.
Best not to eat raw chicken, but the cause of food poisoning is generally bad food standards rather than being undercooked. You'll probably be fine but if you start getting an upset stomach go to the chemist and see what they can recommend.
Reply 6
Who said anything about raw chicken!
Title says undercooked chicken!
Reply 7
By how much was it undercooked?
Reply 8
ohh. well if it was from the chilled food counter & only wanted 14mins of cooking it probably wasnt undercooked at all. probs just wanted warming up. i wouldnt worry about it.
If it was from the chilled counter then it will have been pre-cooked. Don't worry about it.
Im sure the chicken was feeling far worse being kept in cramped conditions, with the sole purpose of its existance to be killed and eaten. My heart bleeds for you with a sore back.
Reply 11
Ha. Well not 'ha' at the chicken, but 'ha' at thinking people are bothered about your views.
I wouldnt worry too much. I'm sure you'll be fine. If it only wanted re-heating or a little but of further cooking then it shouldnt give you food poisoning.

If you ate it straight from the fridge as well, its not like it was covered in bacteria and things, it would have been more dangerous if it had been lurking around.
Reply 13
Anonymous
Im sure the chicken was feeling far worse being kept in cramped conditions, with the sole purpose of its existance to be killed and eaten. My heart bleeds for you with a sore back.
coward
blahblah7

oooo er calm down. somebody is a bit vegetarian.
how much of it did you eat?

i ate a bit of fish the other day that i thought was cooked but when i got to the middle, it was cold. i spat it out but it was too late.. had the diarrhoea since wednesday and it only just stopped this mornin :frown:

i'll always make sure meat is cooked now :frown::frown:
Reply 16
Trigger
coward

heh, their anonymity has disappeared...!
I'm no Doctor, but I wouldn't have thought that a sore back is a symptom caused by eating undercooked meat... point is, was it precooked or totally raw. If it was the latter I'm sure you would've noticed before eating it.
Reply 18
sparkler
heh, their anonymity has disappeared...!
I ratted them out :wink:
I'll say it without being anon... the chicken suffered more than you will.

Latest