The Student Room Group

Is it possible to suppress love?

Ok, had a row with my best mate last night. It's a long story, basically, there's always been an attraction between us, and yes, we've acted on it. But friday, I kinda spilled out that I was in love with him, and then told him I couldn't carry on the way things are, otherwise I'd just end up getting hurt. Anyway. He seemed a bit pissed off, wouldn't let the subject drop, and then I kinda told him to **** off. Anyway. He kinda told me last night he loves me, but he can "supress it" cos I'm away at uni...

Ok... is it actually possible to suppress love, or is he just messing with my head here?

Sorry, kinda need some advice on this one... :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think you can. If you are so in love with someone but cant do anything about it or cant have the person I think it is possible to blank out the feeling and keep it surpressed so it hurts less and is more bearable to live with. Its a self-preservation thing
Reply 2
probably.
Reply 3
I dunno. I feel lost on this one...
Reply 4
shootingstar
I dunno. I feel lost on this one...

He wouldnt say that to just mess with your head would he surely? Do people really do things like that? :frown:
Reply 5
VixenIW
He wouldnt say that to just mess with your head would he surely? Do people really do things like that? :frown:

I dunno, I've always been a bit on the cynical side...
Reply 6
yes you can surpress love. What about the phase 'If you really love someone let them go...if they return to you its meant to be.' I'm getting married soon and I only want to be with my fiance. I love him to bits and can't imagine life without him. However if I ever stand in the way of his career I will leave him for his own good, no matter how much I love him.
Reply 7
What does he mean "surpress" love? does he mean hide it? you can hide it if thats what he means.

You can not surprsess love, when you in love with someone you always feel that way about them.
Reply 8
BhArJ
What does he mean "surpress" love? does he mean hide it? you can hide it if thats what he means.

You can not surprsess love, when you in love with someone you always feel that way about them.

you can't supress it from yourself but you can for other people
Reply 9
sublime_envy
you can't supress it from yourself but you can for other people

a.k.a hideing it :biggrin:
Reply 10
meh. so he's hiding it...

gah... men...
Reply 11
shootingstar
meh. so he's hiding it...

gah... men...

so would you like him to carry a big neon sign saying:

I LOVE KIM!!

when your not even there? :rolleyes:

and yeh, guys r strange but girls are woce

*Note do everybody, i do not love kim*
Reply 12
BhArJ
so would you like him to carry a big neon sign saying:

I LOVE KIM!!

when your not even there? :rolleyes:

and yeh, guys r strange but girls are woce

*Note do everybody, i do not love kim*

LMAO!!!

no, I don't mean it like that...
at least you dont have a 28yr old man after you! :frown:
its because men aren't in touch with their emotions. Also they have to look hard in front of their mates. I have spent years studying the ways of the male species. Quite interesting, I think I almost have them sussed :cool:
Reply 15
shootingstar
LMAO!!!

no, I don't mean it like that...

Then what do you mean? :aetsch:

sublime_envy
its because men aren't in touch with their emotions. Also they have to look hard in front of their mates. I have spent years studying the ways of the male species. Quite interesting, I think I almost have them sussed :cool:

And you will never suss me out :biggrin: :bebored:
BhArJ

And you will never suss me out :biggrin: :bebored:
men are surprisingly alike in most ways. Basic needs and such.
Reply 17
sublime_envy
men are surprisingly alike in most ways. Basic needs and such.

lol what are our basic needs then? :rolleyes:
Reply 18
gossip_girl
at least you dont have a 28yr old man after you! :frown:

haha! is he still after you?
*hands a rolo yogurt for comfort*
shootingstar
haha! is he still after you?
*hands a rolo yogurt for comfort*

*eats yoghurt*

well im not to sure cos were jus chatting like before.....im just worried hes gonna come out with something else! :frown: :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending