The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
High
Reply 2
If people can't get to school due to ice etc.
Reply 3
25% chance
Considerable seeing I am living right next to it and it is pelting it down :^_^:
Reply 5
Very little, at least for me, because all my teachers will probably get in, and I live a couple of hundred meters from the school...
Reply 6
magicbuspass
Considerable seeing I am living right next to it and it is pelting it down :^_^:

Your lucky - you can just wake up in morning and look across the road to see if the schools open.

I got to go to school to find out if its open

(i would call school, but they never seem to answer their phone, always diverted to 'hold/waiting')
If your school has poor / no heating like mine has had for the last few years (but think its fixed now DAMNIT) then they really dont like opening the school if the snows bad enough, not that many teachers would complain.
Reply 9
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4423919/Snow-and-freezing-weather-threaten-to-shut-down-Britain.html

If national transport is closed/suspended tomorrow - then surely that's a valid reason to close school for the day. Hmmm....
my school is closed and the reason they gave was 'bad weather conditions'- tbh I just think they couldnt be bothered!
Reply 11
Duncan70
If your school has poor / no heating like mine has had for the last few years (but think its fixed now DAMNIT) then they really dont like opening the school if the snows bad enough, not that many teachers would complain.

Ah man - too bad my school recently installed a new heating system
I think it depends on busses.
Reply 13
M_J
25% chance

It aint if you see the amount of snow there is now - heavy blizzard !!

(london)
Reply 14
what are the chances now lol?

There is at least 5 inches of snow.
Reply 15
its about 7 inches now :biggrin:
Reply 16
I hope school is closed.
Reply 17
There is NO SNOW where I am!
Reply 18
chance of my school being shut- around 10%

chance of me going in- around 0%
Reply 19
Pathetic. A bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt when other countries have it far worse and manage to get by.

Latest