The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hard is relative.
If you put in the effort and commitment, then you'll be fine.
ACCA is easy
I've got friends doing it. I'm on a Gap placement at PwC and they are doing their exams. It is a lot of work, although if you put the effort in and are reasonably intelligent you should be fine.
fionaslater
I've got friends doing it. I'm on a Gap placement at PwC and they are doing their exams. It is a lot of work, although if you put the effort in and are reasonably intelligent you should be fine.

Normally how many papers do they clear per attempt?

Also, is the Gap placement immediately after A-levels?
2 papers generally seems to be the norm - especially at the higher end and if you are full time worker.

I;ve ehard of peopel taking 3 or 4 at a time

Also, unlike school it doesnt matter AS MUCH if you fail, so i have also heard of people taking a punt on exams they are not totally prepared for - it only costs like £5060 and if u fail u can always do it next time!

Some employers might not liek that tho - esp if they want an impeccable record.
Reply 7
You can take upto 4 papers per attempt. I took 4 and passed all of them. But thats probably because I'm not working. I wouldn't say its hard if you are willing to spend some time on it. And, like Clubber said, if you fail you can always take it after 6 months. The first three are computer based and can be taken all year round. The pass rates do go as low as 35 percent though.
Reply 8
i work full time and study ACCA i was doing 3 exams for dec 07 f4+5+6 but the work load is alot ! too much in fact i dropped f5 cause it was boring and i wasnt getting it at all.

So i will probably do 2 exams for dec07 and 3 for dec 08.

the sylabuss is quite big so you will need to know alot and if you dont work in accounts it can make some basic subjects alot harder

but once you have completed ACCA and have 3 years + work experience in accounts dept you have alot of good career options open.

But be prepared to have little of a social life ! i do 2 evening classes a week at BPP and spend most of the weekend studying and revising what we have done in class.

I was doing 4 evening classes a week and that was a killer.

on failiure some firms will fire you if you fail more than twice also you dont get to put first time passes next to your ACCA qual on your CV which is another little selling point ! also if your doing the oxford brrookes degree i thinkt hey take the first mark even if you fail !
Iam doing my Maths degree at uni and ACCA at the same time.

My aim is to complete a minimum 9 of the 14 exams by the time i complete my degree

I done A level accounts, so that should help me
Reply 10
Im taking ACCA exams at the moment (have taken F8 Audit and Assurance this week, taking F7 Financial Reporting next week) and work full time.

It does require a lot of work, and despite people saying that it is easy, its isn't.

The Professional level for example, is set at the same standard as a Masters Degree Level exam .. and both Financial Management exams are reported to be evil.

But as others have said, I think as long as you put the work in you'll be fine.
Federer Rulz

My aim is to complete a minimum 9 of the 14 exams by the time i complete my degree

This is an extremely good combination.
Federer Rulz

Maths is well respected, well done on that combination. I am going to do the same thing and do ACCA after. ACCA is very little maths and alot of humanities. I like maths because of the working out and you don't really need memory as much just logic, whereas humanities is alot of memory based stuff.
I'll see how it goes, i'm studying mathematics and mechanical engineering at QMUL:biggrin:
Federer Rulz

hopefully your university exam times won't clash then with acca!
http://www.accaglobal.com/students/exams/rates/acca

also have a look at the pass rates in each module on their website. easy? don't overestimate it - especially if you're working at the same time.
Reply 15
I can't say for certain, as I haven't begun my CA studies yet, but I'm a 3rd year accounting student and have heard from a number of lecturers that the hardest part is balancing professional exams with full time employment. I would imagine that the majority of people who go through the ACCA process will be sponsored by a firm.. and it's not likely that the firm will be excited by the prospect of their employee continually resitting exams which they're paying for!

I fully intend to start the CA process on graduating but I'm very aware of the hard work and desire to succeed that is completely necessary throughout the course of qualifying. I think serious thought is required before you dive in!
Reply 16
hey
i m an A-level student....i am planning to do ACCA course after my A-levels. But I'm really confused whether to how to apply and where to apply....I looked at the sites but they hav exam form....and prices....I just don't get it....I would really appreciate if you guyz could help me...........thank you.........
and i think ACCA is gonna be quite tough......just hoping to do goood........:biggrin:
Reply 17
Federer Rulz

lol. I'm doing ACA at the moment, and if ACCA is anything at all like ACA in terms of difficulty, the A level will help you for about the first 2 or 3 hours. Then you'll be on your own.
Reply 18
say hello to pretty girl from beijing
Reply 19
Do you mean the asian girl on the cover of all the ACA workbooks? She's hot. Although I'm not sure about the shifty looking guy next to her.

Latest

Trending

Trending