The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sarahlousie
Nice sig! :love:

ooh, thank you...he's perfect, isn't he?
Reply 21
Anonymous
Anon please.

So, here it is. I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years and I do love him very much. However, I came to unit his year and it's been hard as we don't get to see each other that often. When we do see eachother everything is great..except for when he drinks. He's grown up with his dad telling him drinking is great and it's rubbed of on him. We went out for his birthday last week and he got so drunk he left me in the middle of town at 1 in the morning by myself. He couldn't have been more sorry in the morning, but it's things like this that are pushing me away.

However, I've met a guy at uni and I'm becoming more and more close to him. At first we hardly spoke to each other but recently we have been spending more and more time together. The only problem is he told me he doesn't want a girlfriend due to all the crap he has has in the past. Although I lvoe my boyfriend, this other guy treats me so much better. He told me if I ever need him, all I have to do is ring him up and he'll come over right away. At a party at uni we kissed. I felt awful and told my boyfriend straight away, he chose to forgive me. I did feel so bad about kissing him and I know that I will not do anything with this other guy whilst I am still with my boyfriend.

I just don't know what to do. I love my boyfriend but I'm falling for this other guy. And now I have just found out that the guy from uni is going to be working in my town during summer for 3 months and he wants to take me out for a meal. Obviously I can't go becuase of my boyfrined...arggg I don't know!

Please help!

I won't bother repeating what everyone else has said-just that I think you should definitely stick with your boyfriend. You love him and if you did break up with him, you'll just get messed around by this guy who, nice as he is, doesn't want a relationship. One thing I'll add is that you should really talk to him about his drinking. My boyfriend is always so inconsiderate when he's been drinking and often loses his temper and brings up things that usually he wouldn't talk about (things from the past that we've resolved now, hurtful things). We resolved this by having a pact that he doesn't get properly drunk around me and that if he's going to be drinking, I try and drink at the same rate. It works fairly well.
Never leave the one you love for the one you like..

Latest

Trending

Trending