The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA2 - 10th June 2010

Heyy :smile:

I just wanted to find out from you guys what kind of questions will come up tomorrow?

What was the 12 marker in Jan for this paper?
no one has any idea what questions will come up? just revise it all
Reply 2
That's exactly what I intend to do when I get back home, oh dear this isn't going to end well!
Reply 3
Does anyone know where I can get the January 2010 paper for it?
As I know someone had it for PSYA1..?
Katytaylor
Does anyone know where I can get the January 2010 paper for it?
As I know someone had it for PSYA1..?

Attached. :smile:
Reply 5
What do you guys think the 12 marker for this exam will be?

In Jan 2009-Individual Differences- Biological Approach
May 2009- Social Psychology- Why people obey
Jan 2010- Individual Differences - Explain 2 or more definitions of abnormality
Reply 6
Shortyyyy
What do you guys think the 12 marker for this exam will be?

In Jan 2009-Individual Differences- Biological Approach
May 2009- Social Psychology- Why people obey
Jan 2010- Individual Differences - Explain 2 or more definitions of abnormality

A lot of people believe Stress & Illness, but with the little trick AQA pulled on us on Unit 1 last monday, we really can't guess...

Januarys paper was a beautyyy though. I'm gutted we don't have that one. Weh :frown:
Shortyyyy
Heyy :smile:

I just wanted to find out from you guys what kind of questions will come up tomorrow?

What was the 12 marker in Jan for this paper?

he 12 marker in jan was to outline and evaluate two or more ways to define abnormality.

I dont think we can gues though, because youd expect it to be totally different in june but then, with the unit 1 paper...ergh!
Reply 8
Whats the difference between compliance, identification and internalisation?
lol234
Whats the difference between compliance, identification and internalisation?

Compliance - Pubicly conforming to the beliefs/behavior of a group but privately holding your own views.

Identification - Both publicly and privately adopting the beliefs/behavior of a group because you value their membership. However it's often temporary and not maintained on leaving the group.

Internalization - The true conversion of one beliefs/behavior to match those of a group.
One assumption of the biological approach to psychopathology is that abnormality is
inherited.

Explain one way in which psychologists have investigated the genetic basis of
abnormality. (4 marks)

AO3 = 4 marks Explanation of one way in which the genetic basis of abnormality has been investigated

Candidates are most likely to focus on twin studies, family relation studies/biological relatives or adoption studies.

Explanations should refer to:
Assumptions about genetic similarity and shared environment
Rationale that underpins the techniques
Conclusions that can and cannot be drawn for such studies.

Can anyone help on how to answer that please? It's not very clear in my opinion...
Reply 11
good paper all in all, wast too keen on the essay question and the social change non-smoking in public places. but apart from that (Y)
The smoking/social change question totally stumped me...
what on earth were we meant to say?
Stressed! haha :eek3:
Yeah that q was crazy...even now I'm still confused as to what was required.
The thing they are hoping you will say is that that views that are held by minorities can become more popular through MINORITY INFLUENCE. Then you include things that increase minority influence, such as consistency, etc.
Naughty bump but I'm interested to know what people specifically got in this exam.
Reply 16
Can someone please give a model answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending