The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* - Hyper Awesome mega thread for simple applicant questions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
What a vague question! Any specifics?

G8D
Do well in school, get some work experience, become really arrogant.

Sorted.

Welcome to The Student Room.

:hmmm:
have you heard of the search bar?
Your question is too vague.
G8D

Sorted.

You'd be surprised at how many people are just that :wink:
Reply 184
She wants to apply to Imperial - I had no idea they did stuff like drinking :p:
So the recent student BMJ stating that now studies have found doctors to have one of the highest risks of death from hepatic cirrhosis is really, unsurprising, isn't it? :p:

I don't really get why it's just medicine with this drinking culture though. It kinda doesn't make much sense... but also does, at the same time.
Reply 186
tasniaa
I was wondering if anyone that has been accepted into a Medical School recently can give me any form of advice?

Hey

I've got an offer from Imperial College at the moment. What kind of advice are you looking for?
Organ
She wants to apply to Imperial - I had no idea they did stuff like drinking :p:

Oh my gosh! Alcohol!? Imperial?? No way...

We're just a bunch of geeks, nerds and shut-ins :p: We can probably make alcohol from scratch though...
Lol, ever seen a girl with a headscarf at a club?
SyedT
Hey

I've got an offer from Imperial College at the moment. What kind of advice are you looking for?

Take lemon's advice and prep your liver for utter annihilation in the first 2 weeks of term. Failure to do so, will result in complete embarassment coupled with total destruction and loss of dignity.
Reply 190
Just to give an alternative point of view, it is possible to get into medical school and enjoy a great social life once you get there without being a piss head. I've just finished year 4 and I am still teetotal.
Reply 191
tasniaa
I was wondering if anyone that has been accepted into a Medical School recently can give me any form of advice?

its called google.
Reply 192
SyedT
Hey

Wow, well i've got a year ahead of me...
But i was wondering what grades you got? What sort of work experience you did? And what to expect at the interview?
Reply 193
crazylemon
see my first post:

Toiletpaper8
Take lemon's advice and prep your liver for utter annihilation in the first 2 weeks of term. Failure to do so, will result in complete embarassment coupled with total destruction and loss of dignity.

I'm Muslim :p:

and I'm offering to give advice,not asking for it....but still,that's useful...help me avoid the drunks :p:
Reply 194
G8D

Sorted.

Haha, yes. I hear ya
Reply 195
tasniaa
Wow, well i've got a year ahead of me...
But i was wondering what grades you got? What sort of work experience you did? And what to expect at the interview?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_at_University

read that, don't come back here until you've read every word of it.
crazylemon
Otherwise known as me on mingle take one.

I still have a little giggle at the thought of you at the mingle :p:
Reply 197
as_94
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_at_University

read that, don't come back here until you've read every word of it.

>.< okay
Reply 198
Toiletpaper8
Oh my gosh! Alcohol!? Imperial?? No way...

We're just a bunch of geeks, nerds and shut-ins :p: We can probably make alcohol from scratch though...

You just put on that impression, in reality you guys are slackers and bums. I know I've been to the open day.:yep:

One guy even admitted it:

"I wake up some days and wonder how the **** I got into Medicine"

Legend :moon:
Reply 199
crazylemon
Thats cool, plenty of them too. I am good friends with a few muslims on the course, most know how to have a good time without booze which is a welcome change.

Any other more sensible advice feel free to ask!

That's good to hear...I've read about the sports societies at Imperial,they seem great!

Thanks,I probably will :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending