The Student Room Group

At what age does being a virgin become weird?

Poll

At what age is it weird to still be a virgin?

Also, at what age did you/ do you want to lose it?

Scroll to see replies

Everyone knows 22 is the official age at which you become a loser.
Reply 2
If you've not lost it by 11 you may aswell top yourself.
I'm not going to go too deep into it because I could really start causing arguments with ppl, but I think that having sex before the age of consent in whatever country you are in (e.g. 16 in the UK) is out of the question & wrong!

I'm still a virgin & I'm 17 nearly 18. But I'll be going to Staffs Uni in Sept & I'm hoping to get a bf whilst I'm there so here's hoping! :wink:

I think having not had sex over the age of 23/24 is getting a little bit wierd! But that's just my opinion! Maybe the right person just hasn't arisen by then! & of course if you won't have sex before marriage & you don't want to get married before you have done your higher education then I suppose it doesn't really matter what age you are!, esp thinking of medical students who don't graduate until they are at least 25-27/28!! :P
Reply 4
Probably 21... basically if you've gone through uni and not got anything, then you're most likely socially retarded.

EDIT: Lol @ all the 21+ virgins negging me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
I'm not going to go too deep into it because I could really start causing arguments with ppl, but I think that having sex before the age of consent in whatever country you are in (e.g. 16 in the UK) is out of the question & wrong!

I'm still a virgin & I'm 17 nearly 18. But I'll be going to Staffs Uni in Sept & I'm hoping to get a bf whilst I'm there so here's hoping! :wink:

I think having not had sex over the age of 23/24 is getting a little bit wierd! But that's just my opinion! Maybe the right person just hasn't arisen by then! & of course if you won't have sex before marriage & you don't want to get married before you have done your higher education then I suppose it doesn't really matter what age you are!, esp thinking of medical students who don't graduate until they are at least 25-27/28!! :P

This is silly. How can it be ok for two people to have sex at age 16 here and it be wrong for people aged 17 living elsewhere to have sex where the age of consent is 18? Surely what matters is that the other party consents not that the government says they consent.
Reply 6
Interesting topic! :biggrin:DD
I choosed 25...
Reply 7
By the time you're married/about to marry..... And if you never marry, that's weird. So no, I won't put an age tag on it, different people have things happen at different times.
Who actually cares? If a 29 year old told me they were still a virgin, it wouldn't change my opinion about them.
Original post by ibelongtoslytherin
Who actually cares? If a 29 year old told me they were still a virgin, it wouldn't change my opinion about them.

Don't lie. You'd think they were a weirdo.
Reply 10
I don't think there is an age it becomes "weird."

Some people don't want to conform to society's expectations and instead prefer to wait for the person with whom they want to share that experience with. It's just that, unfortunately for some, they can come along later rather than sooner.
when you start letting it make you feel like your wierd*

*unless your catholic, then after the age of 5
Original post by beepbeeprichie
This is silly. How can it be ok for two people to have sex at age 16 here and it be wrong for people aged 17 living elsewhere to have sex where the age of consent is 18? Surely what matters is that the other party consents not that the government says they consent.

Ok well I was just expressing MY view on the subject, & I was using the UK's LAW of consent as an example! I believe in sticking to the laws of what the gov has set! I think that having sex whilst being 15 or younger is too young anyway! But as I even said, that just MY OPINION!
Reply 13
Some people just don't want to have sex, its not like they haven't had plenty of offers, they just want to save it until they find that "special one"..

It becomes weird if you let it become weird.
Reply 14
where's the 40 year old option?
Original post by HEJ92
Some people just don't want to have sex, its not like they haven't had plenty of offers, they just want to save it until they find that "special one"..

It becomes weird if you let it become weird.

True but it is a very small minority of people who are 'offered' sex and refuse.
Mid twenties is when I would begin to contemplate reasons for their undesirable state of being.
Reply 17
True but it is a very small minority of people who are 'offered' sex and refuse.

I know loads of people who do :smile:
Reply 18

What!?
I reckon most girls could get sex whenever they wanted if they were that desperate. If a girl offered, it's the guy who's hardly going to say no.
Reply 19

I've been offered it twice but refused both times. I'd rather be a virgin at 21 than have lost it some randy guy in a club whose name I don't even know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending