The Student Room Group

Need to sort out frame of mind over eating as I am fat(sorry long thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by -honeybee-
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You seem to have a really bad relationship with food. Everything I said in previous post had nothing to do with losing weight, I was talking about your percieved lack of appetite.

So when you were living at home - were you in this same situation or was your eating pretty 'normal'?

Hard to say but food was in a whole different league of satisfaction as such.

My dad made me dinner around 12, tea around 5.15 and supper around 7.30-8pm and though I craved more food I didnt shove it all down at once i.e at midnight I might of craved something but the craving would be minimal i.e id crave some noodles and be a tiny tiny bit hungry after so would try and eat something but couldnt.
Your weight is irrelevant. It's how you look that matters.
Original post by Anonymous
Hard to say but food was in a whole different league of satisfaction as such.

My dad made me dinner around 12, tea around 5.15 and supper around 7.30-8pm and though I craved more food I didnt shove it all down at once i.e at midnight I might of craved something but the craving would be minimal i.e id crave some noodles and be a tiny tiny bit hungry after so would try and eat something but couldnt.

Do nutritionists deal with such matters? Have you been referred for counselling as a result of your depression? If you think you cannot work through this problem yourself, you probably need some professional help. I have to say that reading this thread has made me really confused.
Original post by liveandforgive
here's a link i found on google.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

but its a bit logical, once you know what type of activities you do every day - you can build a basic diet around it.

when you ain't doing much (sitting on your a*se all day long), you aint burning much energy therefore one should try to correlate each day's food intake with what they do on that day.

I see people doing all sorts of weird sh*t to lose weight. The math is simple, they just complicate things. Follow this and maintain it.

Cheers +rep :smile:
I think you should set yourself 3 meals a day. Something like eggs on wholemeal toast would make a good breakfast and some cracked black pepper to reduce the blandness.

Try learning to cook spicy foods, there are loads of healthy curry/chilli recipes on the net to try. The spicyness may tantalise your taste buds a bit more.

No matter how bland/unsatisfying you find it, i think you should stick to 3 meals a day just get yourself into a normal eating pattern. Obviously cut out the ready meals etc too and learn to cook as a new hobby!

If this is rubbish advice sorry, reading this thread has boggled my brain lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by -honeybee-
Do nutritionists deal with such matters? Have you been referred for counselling as a result of your depression? If you think you cannot work through this problem yourself, you probably need some professional help. I have to say that reading this thread has made me really confused.

I have been on various waiting lists for years but councilling is just one of many things government cutbacks have affected(it was overloaded before the cuts!)

Original post by PirateGirl
I think you should set yourself 3 meals a day. Something like eggs on wholemeal toast would make a good breakfast and some cracked black pepper to reduce the blandness.

Try learning to cook spicy foods, there are loads of healthy curry/chilli recipes on the net to try. The spicyness may tantalise your taste buds a bit more.

No matter how bland/unsatisfying you find it, i think you should stick to 3 meals a day just get yourself into a normal eating pattern. Obviously cut out the ready meals etc too and learn to cook as a new hobby!

Well I love spicy foods! However crazy it sounds that I dont eat much and find food bland I can tell differences between many foods and its often spicy food with sauces I find tolerable.
Original post by PirateGirl

I agree with this completely...including being incredibly confused by this thread!

Original post by Anonymous
I have been on various waiting lists for years but councilling is just one of many things government cutbacks have affected(it was overloaded before the cuts!)

So you were prescribed anti-depressants without having had counselling?? Shocking.

Well I love spicy foods! However crazy it sounds that I dont eat much and find food bland I can tell differences between many foods and its often spicy food with sauces I find tolerable.

The other post I've quoted, that's what I've been trying to say throughout this thread. I really think this is a case of mind over matter. If you love spicy food, eat spicy food.

Quick Reply

Latest