The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics and Business Unit 4B: The Wider Economic Environment and Business

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Good luck everyone. Hope the questions you want come up :smile:. My last exam as well, so I can finally relax once it's over!
Reply 101
Original post by Laura-Robbie
oh yeh i reread it and made more sense lol oops, yeh i havent heard about the transport bit either but im confident it wont come up or surely more colleges would have done it

Ahh it was my bad for not being clear enough :frown:. But yeah I completely agree with you, I don't see how the two can be related at all. Anyway best do some more last minute revision and try not to be distracted by anything else!

Original post by JoeK
Good luck everyone. Hope the questions you want come up :smile:. My last exam as well, so I can finally relax once it's over!

Ahh lucky you my last one is a week today. I've got two exams tomorrow as well! :frown:
Same, it's my last exam too :biggrin: Good luck everyone! See you on the other side, hopefully unscathed :P
Reply 103
Good luck my fellow Business-Economists! Hope they go easy on us.
No discussion until 4.30am please.
Reply 105
has anyone put the paper up...???????
how did everyone find it?? i did like a page and 3/4 for the evaluation on the last question, i thought the definitions were a bit vague at the begining, they just seemed so short lol, no i havent got a paper
Reply 107
so how much did you write oevrall for the last question?! i thought it was quite a nice paper to be honest, just not sure about the 30 marker it was so general!
Reply 108
how did everyone do?
Reply 109
Original post by cORBO3
how did everyone do?

i waiting module grades...
what did u score?
Reply 110
Made a thread just for Edexcel Economics & Business Studies Unit 4B: Wider Environment and Change since the other thread 'Edexcel unit 4 economics and unit 4 business' was confusing :smile:

So for those who did the exam in January, how did you find it and how did you prepare for it?

I attempted to do the January paper but Section B didn't go very well :s-smilie:
Hi,
I'm doing this exam in June 2012. What have you done on the pre release?
Do u mind helping me I have no idea as I just got it like 2 weeks ago. Really need alot of help

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 112
Original post by mujahid_e3
Hi,
I'm doing this exam in June 2012. What have you done on the pre release?
Do u mind helping me I have no idea as I just got it like 2 weeks ago. Really need alot of help

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hi. I don't think many people are taking this exam which is why no one has replied.

We went through the pre release material and answered questions which could possibly come up. Our teacher also made us do extra research so we are up to date with what's happening with things like fuel duty, transport policies etc.

What exactly do you need help for? I'll try my best to help you :smile:
Original post by al_miller
Hi. I don't think many people are taking this exam which is why no one has replied.

We went through the pre release material and answered questions which could possibly come up. Our teacher also made us do extra research so we are up to date with what's happening with things like fuel duty, transport policies etc.

What exactly do you need help for? I'll try my best to help you :smile:

thanks for your reply, yeah sure looks like only a few people do this..

anyway i've been through the pre release but dont know what questions to pull out. since u already done that can you kindly pm me the questions that you pulled out... then we will try and compare answers?

i will start on extra research and see what is happening..

btw how is your skills on answering the 30 and 20 mark questions
Reply 114
What you could do is go through the pre release and pick out key words which they could ask you to define - this is usually the first two questions which are worth 2 marks- so words like recession, inflation etc

No problem. I'll type up the questions and pm you.

I couldn't answer the 20 and 30 mark questions before. I went through the mark schemes and now I think I understand how to answer them.

This is what I do-
Give a definition of a key word from the question
An argument for and against - make sure you have a conclusion for each point and evaluate the effects.
Overall conclusion and evaluation

Hope this helps. If not, I can use a question that has come up as an example and plan it for you :smile:
What you could do is go through the pre release and pick out key words which they could ask you to define - this is usually the first two questions which are worth 2 marks- so words like recession, inflation etc

I couldn't answer the 20 and 30 mark questions before. I went through the mark schemes and now I think I understand how to answer them.

This is what I do-
An argument for and against - make sure you have a conclusion for each point and evaluate the effects.

Hope this helps. If not, I can use a question that has come up as an example and plan it for you :smile:

thanks for the PM,

yeah will read through case study again and pick out words to define and become sharp on them..

When i attempted to answer the 20 and 30 mark questions i was completely lost,
although i follow the same procedure i first define, give reason for and against and then conclude... Never thought about evaluating or an overall conclusion so something to bear in mind..

thanks for all the help
Reply 116

This is what I do-

Can you please email me the questions too , finding this unit hard:frown: teachers are useless
Reply 117
Original post by kingam
Can you please email me the questions too , finding this unit hard:frown: teachers are useless

i need help aswell, i seen you posted on most threads so you must have some knowledge where as i have none... so need your help..

do you have any material such as handouts/summaries that you have been revising from? if so what? also what have yo done so far?
Reply 118
Hey could you email me the questions too please! :smile: :colondollar:
Reply 119
This is going to be silly, but could you PM me too? I'd really appreciate it :colondollar:

Our school is really unorganised, we've had to self-study 4B for the past 4 months as we have no bloody teacher!

Quick Reply

Latest