The Student Room Group

LCA Business School

Is this university for home or international students for the BSc course accounting and finance?
Also is it a good place to study?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
can you please tell me what you decided? im currently totally confused as they dont seem like a UNIVERSITY, if you get what i mean..
Reply 2
LCA Business School offers undergraduate degrees accredited by the University of Wales and Anglia Ruskin University.

It's just a private college- 95% students will be international who have finished studying but haven't found a job and just want do one more year and well LCA is pretty cheap, so not a bad option in that respects.

The degree is worthless, of course you might learn some stuff but much better going to a proper uni for both career and social prospects.
Reply 3
Visited the LCA Business School today, excellent location, fantastic teaching facilities, was very impressed.

The degrees are awarded by the University of Wales and Anglia Ruskin University.

LCA Business School offers value for money. And i much look forward to starting there, with BSc course in accounting and finance.
Reply 4
Original post by JD1235
Visited the LCA Business School today, excellent location, fantastic teaching facilities, was very impressed.

The degrees are awarded by the University of Wales and Anglia Ruskin University.

LCA Business School offers value for money. And i much look forward to starting there, with BSc course in accounting and finance.

Apologies for hammering the point a bit but would suggest talking to people who have graduated from LCA about their job prospects. I fail to see what value would this accountancy and finance degree add?

If you are interested in a career in finance- try and get a job and do a professional qualification with it. Many firms offer the AAT/ACA route or the ACCA route.

If you want to study fulltime and do the ACCA, you can submit a research project after the professional stage and get a degree in Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, which in no way is a top university but far better than University of Wales and Anglia Ruskin University. You will be able to make very good progress towards the ACCA and get a degree as well, and will be much better placed than a LCA full time BSC graduate.

Only my two cents worth, obviously if you have done your research this might already be in your knowledge.
From ex-student of LCA.::Want to study at school? LCA will allow you to go back at your childhood. LCA class time “10.00 to 17.00” and “3 days” a week. Really you can enjoy your school life here. Most importantly, in school life we got some vacation but in LCA it is really difficult to find any vacation period. Longest vacation is less than 21 days. Yes! Tuition fee of LCA is really affordable but when you study at LCA you can easily understand about millions reasons behind. If you strategically manage your cost of study in LCA then you can find it will cost you £7000+ per year. “How?! Just consider 3 months vacation (least amount vacation time in UK by other colleges and universities) and during the time you work full time. During 3 months of vacation you can earn £1200-2000 per month. Unfortunately, you are not able to do this because of LCA timetable. Any more information you would like to know, please write me.
Reply 6
Hi ! I am an Italian student and I have been accepted by LCA. Now I would love to know if it is worthy or not.. I come from a really messed-up country so some bad school aspect for British people, are normal to me.. For example a lot of student in the same classroom, few moments with teachers excetera.. My biggest concern is about the job prospectus: is it good or not?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Really interesting point you made. I am keen on doing the ACCA course at LCA full time option, right from the foundation papers. However, whilst i study full time will the visa issued me as an ACCA student allow me to work pertime. e;g weekdays esp?

Thanks.
Reply 8
hi thk you for sharing ur experience. u meant vacation is only for 3 months for the 17 month MBA course? Do u thinl LSC is better than LCA.. any idea.. ?
Reply 9
Does the LCA accept fee arrangement pay half then pay later
hi! shahin ,

I read all the reviews and feedback.I am willing to join MBA- International at LCA,how ever I have few queries, if you can suggest,I would highly appreciate.

a.Does the college schedules its courses in a rigorous ways making it difficult for a part time job ?
b.Are things in the college mismanaged and authorities not taking responsibilities or stand answerable to students .?
c.Is there misunderstanding amongst the faculty and students are graded at a relatively low scores by the teachers ?
d.Do they not refund the fee of the student who, for some reason fails to attend the course and does fall under refund policy //??

Thanks and Regards ;

Ashish

hi! shahin ,

I read all the reviews and feedback.I am willing to join MBA- International at LCA,how ever I have few queries, if you can suggest,I would highly appreciate.

a.Does the college schedules its courses in a rigorous ways making it difficult for a part time job ?
b.Are things in the college mismanaged and authorities not taking responsibilities or stand answerable to students .?
c.Is there misunderstanding amongst the faculty and students are graded at a relatively low scores by the teachers ?
d.Do they not refund the fee of the student who, for some reason fails to attend the course and does fall under refund policy //??

Thanks and Regards ;

Ashish
I'm aiming to pursue my study in london or at any surrounding area , I want to take a Master in project management ! there is a course at LCA; Msc in International project management !

Please, Do you guys think that LCA is a good a school to enroll in ? does it have a good reputation across the UK ?

I will appreciate any help on this subject guys ! also if you have any other propositions for any other schools or universities , I will really really really appreciate it !
hi Malek Ryan
Hey there ,

I would like to get some arguments from you ! it's not convencing yoy only say that it's worthless or it's a good one ! always bring arguments along with your points of view bt3 !

Actually I'm kindly asking you for agruments, because I'm a little bit confused about this school ! so yeah , I will be really gratefull for you buddy !

also, if you can suggest any other schools , universities that have a project management programme , I will be thankful! :smile:
Honestly, I am as unknown to the college as you are that's why I asked the questions on the form here.There are quite a few college/uni offering project management, I know this coz wile I was going through the courses offered I could see this course.Google it and I am sure many will appear.The only reason I am interested in this college is that it has very less fees.That's it
Weh have the same factor attracting us to this school ! but even though I will not waste any sum of money on a worthless school ! that's why I want to make sure of LCA's reputation across the UK !
What have you understood about the college so far ?
Nothing new so far , I didn't get replies yet ! :frown: , I only want to know about the degree quality if you know what I mean bro
yeah i am too looking for a similar feedback

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending