The Student Room Group

Banning abortion is inhumane, murder and is against human rights.

--
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can see this thread going well.
Reply 2
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
All true.

Abortion is a sin, and shall be halted!

I think you've missed the point of the thread...
All true.

Abortion is a sin, and shall be halted!

All are true, meaning that NOT allowing Abortion would be wrong...I think you are slightly confused, unless you were trying to be ironic...I don't see the irony particularly but...?
Reply 4
Not legally considered murder I'm afraid. Murder pertains to the unlawful murder of human. A foetus is not strictly considered human until it has been born...
Reply 5
Original post by TheCount.
Not legally considered murder I'm afraid. Murder pertains to the unlawful murder of human. A foetus is not strictly considered human until it has been born...

Do you people even read the thread?
Reply 6
Forcing a woman to have a child she doesn't want is inhumane
forcing death on a living thing, that will become a person, simply because they are the result of a rape they had no part in simply isn't fair. There is nothing stopping the woman putting the child up for adoption if she doesnt want it. Therefore nobody forces her to do anything.

Forcing a woman to carry a child for 9 months, potentially affecting her life is inhumane and against their human rights.
Saying that humanity is around today only due to woman carrying children around for 9months and having their lives affected , how is is possible that this is 'inhumane'. Maybe one of the greatest contradictions I've ever heard.

Forcing women to get backstreet abortions instead puts their life at great risk.
Backstreet abortions will happen regardless of what the law says.
That is their choice to go to a backstreet clinic, nothing is forced, so don't make it out to be something it is not. There is not pregancy gestapo lifting woman off the street in tying them up and aborting their child. How is it ****ing even remotely forced?

Forcing a child to be put in an adoption home is inhumane.
lol - Adoption home inhumane? Its not a ****ing dog pound. Nor is it what you see on TV or read in fiction books about terrible orgphanges, I know several adopted people in my town, never hear them complain about their inhumane child hood

Making a child grow up with out a loving parent is cruel and inhumane.
Yeah, casue adopted kids aren't loved, everyone knows that

Making a child grow up with a parent who was forced to have them is a recipe for disaster, and inhumane.
How is the parent forced to do anything? Also, is 'forced love' even possible, either you love someone or you don't. There is no case of "ahhhh, I have to love you, so therefore I will, even though I don't want to" ****ing ridiculous arguement

Bringing more people into the world leads to overpopulation which leads to more poverty which leads to more deaths, murder.
I doubt the population will be affected that much by banned abortion. Also how do you know an aborted child wasn't going to end world poverty or create world peace? Thats also like saying, "hey the world is overpopulated, you being here increases everything that is bad in the world" to any random person. Again, you have no arguement

A child who has grown up in a orphanage is more likely to be involved in crime, hence murder.
Why an orphanage? Are you deluded? you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Prehaps in Romania, but certainly not in places like the UK. The majority are sent straight to childless families. Hence why a large number of people go to Romania to get children as the list is too long.

Your agruement does exsist. But not anywere close to how you argued it. By using 'forced' in every sentance you completely destroyed any chance to be taken seriously, then I started believe you are a troll from point 6 onward.

After you ran out of points, thats when you stop, you don't continue to think of other reasons just to have a bigger list. It looks bad having basically all those points, but mostly the latter half.

Edit:

To all those 24 people who negged may I propose the question, why negg and not call me on my points? Clearly because you know just as well as I do that my points aren't wrong. You didn't like what you read but couldn't accept the fact you had nothing to call me on...

(edited 12 years ago)
Abortion Attempts To Destroy A Work of God. Therefore it is a sin.

That is all.

Please rep me if you agree. Otherwise, I am happy to reply to a LIMITED number of quotes in the near future.

That is your opinion? You are missing the points the OP is making? Tell me, if a woman is raped, should she be forced to keep the child as a living reminder of that terrible experience? And what would she tell the child about how it came to be? 'Your dad raped me, obviously without my consent and I got left with you' Who are you to allow that child to be born into a situation where it wasn't wanted, and has a greater chance of being unloved? To force that kind of situation on mother and child, now I would call that a sin.
Reply 8
The Muslim faith considers it a human after 4 months of development. I don't care what Atheists think.

Well then there's no point debating with you, is there?

Can you not think of any reason that abortion should be banned apart from a religious one?
Reply 9
-rep

The Muslim faith considers it a human after 4 months of development. I don't care what Atheists think.

I don't care what your faith says, the law dictates that abortion and murder are not the same thing.
Original post by Lost4468
My reasons being:

Forcing a woman to carry a child for 9 months, potentially affecting her life is inhumane and against their human rights.
Forcing women to get backstreet abortions instead puts their life at great risk.
Making a child grow up with a parent who was forced to have them is a recipe for disaster, and inhumane.
Bringing more people into the world leads to overpopulation which leads to more poverty which leads to more deaths, murder.
A child who has grown up in a orphanage is more likely to be involved in crime, hence murder.

I agree that abortion is right in certain circumstances, however when it is used as a method of contraception, that is when it is wrong. :smile: There have been cases of women not taking safe sex seriously and as a result continually had abortions.
Do you people even read the thread?

No it was too long and looked boring. I was just commenting on the title which considered abortion to be a form of murder.
If the woman has unprotected sex intentionally (like not rape) and gets pregnant, it is her own problem. The woman shouldn't have unprotected sex unless she is able to have a baby. If the woman does get pregnant, the woman should pay the price by the hardships of labour, and then give the baby up for adoption if she can't raise it herself. The baby shouldn't pay for it by being slaughtered for his/her mothers mistakes.

And about the whole adoption thing being immorral, i'm sure a person would much rather be alive and adopted than slaughtered before birth. I'm sure if you went around asking children who are in orphanages or who have been adopted whether they would have been preferred to be murdered before they were born, most would say no.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheCount.
I don't care what your faith says, the law dictates that abortion and murder are not the same thing.

To further confirm the fact that God views the unborn child as a person, please consider Exodus 21:22-23:

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,"

Therefore Christianity also considers it murder. Not only Islam. (And Islam is not my faith.)
someone agrees with abortion, someone else disagrees with abortion, blah, blah, blah...
My reasons being:

A child who has grown up in a orphanage is more likely to be involved in crime, hence murder

Agree in principle, but not sure about the last two.
Reply 16
Original post by bestofyou
forcing death on a living thing, that will become a person, simply because they are the result of a rape they had no part in simply isn't fair. There is nothing stopping the woman putting the child up for adoption if she doesnt want it. Therefore nobody forces her to do anything.

So forcing a woman to carry the result of her rape inside of her for 9 months and then forcing her to give birth to it against her will is fair...? :lolwut:
Reply 17
Original post by AlmostChicGeek
I agree that abortion is right in certain circumstances, however when it is used as a method of contraception, that is when it is wrong. :smile: There have been cases of women not taking safe sex seriously and as a result continually had abortions.

Honestly what's the difference? The only difference is that she waits longer to do one than the other, if she used contraception instead she would effectively simply be removing the chance for that sperm and egg to meet, the other way she's simply letting them meet then destroying them, I don't see how it's different? The embryo/fetus doesn't feel any pain in either of these as it's not alive or concious.
Reply 18
Abortion is only justified imo when:
Pregnancy arised as a result of rape
The mother is at risk as a result of the pregnancy
To further confirm the fact that God views the unborn child as a person, please consider Exodus 21:22-23:

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,"

Therefore Christianity also considers it murder. Not only Islam. (And Islam is not my faith.)

The cutting of hair is also banned in Leviticus. Equal treatment!

On topic: I agree partially, I think the difficulty emerges as to when the foetus develops a conscience, so for me the jury is still out as to the exact date that we say 'now you must keep the baby'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending