The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BlackThunder10

Original post by BlackThunder10
why is it that of the shopfloor Next play the 'advert song' every minute, Im so freaking tired of it all ready

Next radio is the most depressing thing ever, i can hear the AB10 opposite my store playing top 40 songs, but most of the ones in next; i've never heard before.
Next just called me and said i have to come in on Saturday for a induction, Does this mean i have the job? I never had a interview with them.
Reply 282
Original post by AmIDoingItRight
Next just called me and said i have to come in on Saturday for a induction, Does this mean i have the job? I never had a interview with them.

Congrats, it does :smile: That's what happened when I applied as a sales temp.
Original post by Shuvel

Original post by Shuvel
Congrats, it does :smile: That's what happened when I applied as a sales temp.

Thanks!, what are you allowed to wear to the induction?
Reply 284
Original post by AmIDoingItRight
Thanks!, what are you allowed to wear to the induction?

Well it's really just filling out forms and being shown around, oh and you can't forget the videos..., both of mine I've came in casual as I was told to on my first one, and it wasn't a problem. Just don't come in in dirty trainers looking like you've just woke up and you'll be fine!
Maybe go smart casual as it's the first time they'll meet you so good to give a good first impression.
Original post by Shuvel

Original post by Shuvel
Well it's really just filling out forms and being shown around, oh and you can't forget the videos..., both of mine I've came in casual as I was told to on my first one, and it wasn't a problem. Just don't come in in dirty trainers looking like you've just woke up and you'll be fine!
Maybe go smart casual as it's the first time they'll meet you so good to give a good first impression.

Thanks, i went smart casual i think i made a good impression, get to start a week earlier then everyone else.
I have an interview on Wednesday!! Can anyone advise as to what I should expect?

Cheers!
Original post by ScouseEmma28
I have an interview on Wednesday!! Can anyone advise as to what I should expect?

Cheers!

if your lucky you might have the job anyways, and trial you on the shopfloor for about 15minutes - thats a good sign:wink:
Reply 288
I have an interview at TWO of my local next's tomorrow. one at 11.30 and the other at 6.00. the 1st one just told me to bring in a CV and said it would be a 1-on-1 interview with a shop floor exercise. Whilst the other told me to bring in a Passport, Ni number and bank acc details and nothing more.

What should i be expecting from the interview and exercise and with the 2nd one asking me for bank details does that mean i have the job.
Reply 289
for anyone on pay monthly when do we get paid in december, will it be before or after christmas?
Original post by AshleyV
for anyone on pay monthly when do we get paid in december, will it be before or after christmas?

before, 23rd i think
I've got a like a group interview thing on Saturday at the Next in town. The lady never said what to wear so I was planning to go in a grey (Next) suit with a purple (Next) shirt with no tie; kinda stylish but smart. But reading through this has made me think it might be almost too formal? I know it's better to overdress than underdress but does anyone think I should tone it down a bit?

(And it's just a coincidence the clothes are actually from Next :P)
Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!

Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!
I've got a like a group interview thing on Saturday at the Next in town. The lady never said what to wear so I was planning to go in a grey (Next) suit with a purple (Next) shirt with no tie; kinda stylish but smart. But reading through this has made me think it might be almost too formal? I know it's better to overdress than underdress but does anyone think I should tone it down a bit?

(And it's just a coincidence the clothes are actually from Next :P)

That will be fine!
does anyone know when we get paid in december? doubt we get paid on boxing day lol.
well i had my NEXT interview on Wednesday - it was one to one, and only lasted 10 mins! I have to say it was the most relaxed, fun and easy going interview ive had. I got the phonecall today to say i got the job which was amazing! Ive only got x2 4 hour shifts at the moment which brings me on to my question, lol. Generally, how many more hours do they offer you? ive told them my availability, so presumably they'll know i'll need to fit it in around my uni hours.
does anyone know whats it like working in next home store as a sales consultant? i just got offered a job
Reply 296
I'm working as a xmas temp, and I've had my interview and everything and I was told that I was going to get called about an induction. But instead of the induction I was called and they asked me if I could work in the weekend even though I haven't had an induction and I have NO CLUE what to do! :confused:
ALSO, Smart wear is okay right? like a skirt, a blouse and a blazer maybeee?! Thanks!
how do you get you 1st pay check from Next, im kinda confused???
Original post by Intellectual Smart G
does anyone know whats it like working in next home store as a sales consultant? i just got offered a job

I'll be working in the Home section too :smile:
Original post by ScouseEmma28
I'll be working in the Home section too :smile:

Ohh thats great, do you know if its better than working in a normal next store or clearance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending