The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

I know I'm not Irish in the slightest, but I wana join, purely because of my Irish obsession...The NI accent has to be the best in the world
You can understand it? Wanna come be my classroom assistant during my Wednesday lectures? Guy talks far too quickly for me.....

--------------

The Canadian
As I said, it was a load of Englishmen that told me that! I didn't know anything else about Irish sayings or anything so I believed them.

Although after Googling it, I've found that the answer to "Top of the morning to you..." is supposedly "...and the rest of the day to yourself."

You have the best of the morning....

And you have the rest of the day

Makes perfect sense to me even though NO-ONE ever actually uses it lol
Reply 42
Tarts_n_Vicars
You have the best of the morning....

And you have the rest of the day
That makes far more sense. :biggrin: And I realise it's the same as up there, but it just sounds easier.
Kittennffc
I know I'm not Irish in the slightest, but I wana join, purely because of my Irish obsession...The NI accent has to be the best in the world

:five: hows about that first perosn who likes a mucker accent :p: xoxo

--------------

hugatree
Lol yeah some silly technique the book said. :biggrin: No wonder I didn't get it, and it's only 3 pages! :rolleyes:

How were you taught? At school??

I was taught by my granda.....family thing also was taught tinwhistle by him.....:biggrin: xoxo
Reply 44
omg, theres so much stereotypicalnessness :confused: :p:

i mustn't be irish, i dont play the tin whistle, say "top of the mornin" or anything like that :confused: its prob because im a protestant :rolleyes:
Reply 45
Tomásíona - Mháire
I was taught by my granda.....family thing also was taught tinwhistle by him.....:biggrin: xoxo
Wicked. :wink: My mum knows how to play tin whistles and now I'm gonna learn the bodhran. :biggrin: We're gonna be an Irish band, woopie!
mikeski

i mustn't be irish, i dont play the tin whistle, say "top of the mornin" or anything like that :confused: its prob because im a protestant :rolleyes:

lol we could always start a norn iron debate
hugatree
Wicked. :wink: My mum knows how to play tin whistles and now I'm gonna learn the bodhran. :biggrin: We're gonna be an Irish band, woopie!

:wink: :biggrin: The Corrs No. 2 :rolleyes: xoxo

--------------

mikeski

haha you dont have to be a catholic to play the tinwhistle you eejit........ya mightn't know gaelige/irish but doesnt mean ya cant play a jig or 5 :p: xoxo
Reply 48
Tomásíona - Mháire
:wink: :biggrin: The Corrs No. 2 :rolleyes: xoxo

--------------

haha you dont have to be a catholic to play the tinwhistle you eejit........ya mightn't know gaelige/irish but doesnt mean ya cant play a jig or 5 :p: xoxo

Hey there Tammy is it? :smile: are you feeling better?
Congrats on getting your soon to be 4444 post :eek: :biggrin:
School tomorrow noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo when do the irish go back, if at all? :p:
what was new yr like in the green country?
qpwoei
Hey there Tammy is it? :smile: are you feeling better?
Congrats on getting your soon to be 4444 post :eek: :biggrin:
School tomorrow noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo when do the irish go back, if at all? :p:
what was new yr like in the green country?

yeah its tammy :biggrin: yeah I feel a good bit better thanks for asking :hugs: :biggrin: lol depends on the school but i go back on monday :rolleyes: hehe :biggrin: the new year was seen as clear as looking at the irish country on a map with an emerald :wink: hehe!!! xoxo
Reply 50
:rolleyes:

the southern irish accent is the sex, mine is the roughest thing in the world though :frown:
Reply 51
Tomásíona - Mháire
yeah its tammy :biggrin: yeah I feel a good bit better thanks for asking :hugs: :biggrin: lol depends on the school but i go back on monday :rolleyes: hehe :biggrin: the new year was seen as clear as looking at the irish country on a map with an emerald :wink: hehe!!! xoxo

Good to hear it! I made up my absense my consuming a multitude of Guinness's :biggrin:
devilbunny
:rolleyes:

the southern irish accent is the sex, mine is the roughest thing in the world though :frown:

you would have an orgasm just going down south for a weekend....with just the voice :wink: :rolleyes: haha xoxo

--------------

qpwoei
Good to hear it! I made up my absense my consuming a multitude of Guinness's :biggrin:

:biggrin: :biggrin: haha my ex boyfriend used to drink guinness......he drank it during his break at work, it filled him up more than a sandwich ever did apparently lol! xoxo
Reply 53
Tomásíona - Mháire
you would have an orgasm just going down south for a weekend....with just the voice :wink: :rolleyes: haha xoxo

I could sit and just stare and southerners talk for hours
I think all call centres should be down south, you can't get angry at someone with that accent :redface:
devilbunny
I think all call centres should be down south, you can't get angry at someone with that accent :redface:

That i agree with :p: but i wouldnt want to see you calling one of them down south.....you wouldnt know what you could get up to on the other end of that phone :eek: :p: xoxo
Reply 55
devilbunny
I think *tink* all call centres should be down south, you can't get angry at someone with that accent :redface:

so should the football commentators, although sean kelly (tdf) gets on my titties.

Tomásíona - Mháire
That i agree with :p: but i wouldnt want to see you calling on of them down south.....you wouldnt know what you could get up to on the other end of that phone :eek: :p: xoxo

urgh that would be grosse! :wink:
Reply 56
Does anyone know of "Carmel Mooney"?
her site
qpwoei
so should the football commentators, although sean kelly (tdf) gets on my titties.

urgh that would be grosse! :wink:

now dont pick out my bad grammar......:wink: yes I am s**t at the english language but ah well :rolleyes: xoxo

--------------

qpwoei
Does anyone know of "Carmel Mooney"?
her site

havent heard of her sorry xoxo
Reply 58
Tomásíona - Mháire
now dont pick out my bad grammar......:wink: yes I am s**t at the english language but ah well :rolleyes: xoxo

--------------

havent heard of her sorry xoxo

:eek: i wasn't!! i promise!!! :biggrin: i was hinting at a joke... but never mind!! :redface: :p:
qpwoei
:eek: i wasn't!! i promise!!! :biggrin: i was hinting at a joke... but never mind!! :redface: :p:

I don't get jokes.....I'm blonde :frown: :redface: xoxo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending