The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I did the test aswell! :smile: i chose the memory stick holder task. I wasn't expecting it to be that difficult; i guess the hardest part was trying to get everything done on time. Just waiting for the reply now :s
WOOHOO - Got through for interview @ Imperial! How did you do?
Reply 3
lol i got straight up rejected man, good luck with your interview dude!
Arr sorri, Thanks mate :P
Reply 5
I got through to, but has anyone got theirs at cambridge?? 12th april??

Also i did the usb one as well, it was the easiest, like to come up with idea in that amount of time.
but i didnt actually finish it, (i didnt do the manufacturing techniques) but i still got through!

What are you bringing to the interview becuase they said to bring your gcse work, does that mean the final product??? (im making a lamp so it migth not be possible to bring?)

AHHH I CANT WAIT!
Reply 6
any of u guys describing roughly wat u drew???? im doin it this yr an my sch has done nothing to help me at all :frown:
Reply 7
Hi mate
i am also doing the Arkwright scholarship aptitude test and i am terrified of the test tomorow, i seen some of the earlier designs which the other people do and they were just amazing...and i just found out today that am doing the test tomorow, so let me know how you get on :smile:
What is the Awkwright Scholarship?
Reply 9
its basicly a big company which supports you throught sixth form and university if you are thinking of becoming an engineer, but thats not the only carrer that they give scholarship...(i think)
Reply 10
Original post by MDahir
Hi mate
i am also doing the Arkwright scholarship aptitude test and i am terrified of the test tomorow, i seen some of the earlier designs which the other people do and they were just amazing...and i just found out today that am doing the test tomorow, so let me know how you get on :smile:

Same, doin mine 2moz... I hope that i do well :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Original post by micboy
Same, doin mine 2moz... I hope that i do well :s-smilie:

did you do any preparation for it?
Reply 12
hiya peeps i'm doing the test tomorrow too ... i am currently the only girl i know doing it! lool

absolutely terrified about it, plus we only got told today!!!! :smile:

anyway..are you guys revising anything such as manufacturing processes etc...i haven't
Reply 13
Original post by g.k.galloway
hiya peeps i'm doing the test tomorrow too ... i am currently the only girl i know doing it! lool

absolutely terrified about it, plus we only got told today!!!! :smile:

anyway..are you guys revising anything such as manufacturing processes etc...i haven't

I am at the same place as you, i have not revised anything, and i dont even know how to do a basic sketch so i hope you do well..and i aswell

p.s i have not revised anything!!!
Reply 14
Original post by MDahir
I am at the same place as you, i have not revised anything, and i dont even know how to do a basic sketch so i hope you do well..and i aswell

p.s i have not revised anything!!!

thanks and good luck :smile:

i have no doubt that we will be discussing it all tomorrow!!!
Reply 15
Original post by MDahir
did you do any preparation for it?

I think I might try the past paper but theres not much you can do to revise for it. Have you had a look at the past papers? http://www.arkwright.org.uk/scholars/aptitude.htm
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Yeah, the past paper seems hard to me really but hopefully it will be alright...hope we all do well even though its a competition :smile:
Reply 17
ERGGHHHH really scared its going to be impossible - what are you peeps hoping to do in the future?
Reply 18
Original post by MDahir
Yeah, the past paper seems hard to me really but hopefully it will be alright...hope we all do well even though its a competition :smile:

Good luck to you too!!! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by g.k.galloway
ERGGHHHH really scared its going to be impossible - what are you peeps hoping to do in the future?

Dunno which branch of engineering - too early to decide!!!:confused: Thinking of studying general eng at uni then going on to work in the mortorsport industry, particularly f1! so wot are ur plans? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending