The Student Room Group

Most annoying thing people do at University?

Scroll to see replies

They're innumerable; the people who vomit all over the toilet and then don't clean it, girls who put their tampons in the toilet (my personal favourite), the constant overuse of the North vs. South jokes (it's tiresome), the lack of conversation from international Asian students, 'lad', the use of the word 'banter', the laundry machines never being available, the internet always being down on Sunday nights when people realise that they've got ****loads of work to do, people malting and masturbating in the showers which ultimately clogs up the plugholes, the horrible little ****s who go and tell reception or the warden when people are still awake and talking past 11.30pm, the vermin that steal food and use other people's cutlery/utensils without their permission and, most importantly, the evil, evil people who set off firealarms at 4am for laughs.

Also, people who get in lifts to go up one floor deserve a special kind of punishment.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Besakt
Obviously not there are several mistakes with grammar and spelling.

No need to be a buzzkill and shatter the illusion though :frown:
University annoys me in general.
Reply 43
Your flatmate putting all of their used dishes on the kitchen counter, only to turn round and ask you when he needs a plate "do you have any spare?". And also leaving for the christmas holidays, WITHOUT cleaning his full set of dishes so you come back to mould. I really hope he doesn't see this.

that is ****ing brilliant, I'd have that in a picture frame.
Reply 45
Original post by LaBelleEtLeBete
Same! :frown:
I don't understand why people do courses that they obviously have no interest in.

Exactly. And they don't do the reading and then claim seminars are boring and the teachers don't provide enough structure.

Think they're missing the point.
Original post by internet tough guy
haven't i seen something similar for another uni (think nottingham?)

Original post by skunky x
Exactly. And they don't do the reading and then claim seminars are boring and the teachers don't provide enough structure.

Think they're missing the point.

:/ I actually can't deal with these people.
people who steal my butter.
Reply 49

Whatever the going stipend for a Forensics PhD at Manchester, something tells me it isn't nearly enough.

"Rhymes with booking" at the beginning made me giggle :tongue:

Lmfao!! Killed it
Reply 52
Wear flip-flops everywhere in the winter, what is this?
Reply 53
Original post by LaBelleEtLeBete
:/ I actually can't deal with these people.

Exactly. Do not understand.

And people who just say 'Yes, I agree with everything said before.'

NO. HAVE AN OPINION.
Original post by TheMeister
the people who vomit all over the toilet and then don't clean it

we get that

the vermin that steal food and use other people's cutlery/utensils without their permission

defiantly

and, most importantly, the evil, evil people who set off firealarms at 4am for laughs.

especially when they do it 5 times in one night

Original post by nm9801
Your flatmate putting all of their used dishes on the kitchen counter, only to turn round and ask you when he needs a plate "do you have any spare?". And also leaving for the christmas holidays, WITHOUT cleaning his full set of dishes so you come back to mould. I really hope he doesn't see this.

My flatmates did that, but with an entire Chinese takeaway meal for five people

Original post by Rescue Remedy
they used to leave saucepans full of rotten pasta with blue mould.

every week. im surprised we ever pass kitchen inspections.
Reply 55

My boyfriend's corridor in halls put a letter "from the university" under the door of one of their friends saying that he needed to close his curtains when "alone" with his girlfriend as they were getting complaints from rooms opposite. He freaked out for ages afterwards!
Original post by syrettd
My boyfriend's corridor in halls put a letter "from the university" under the door of one of their friends saying that he needed to close his curtains when "alone" with his girlfriend as they were getting complaints from rooms opposite. He freaked out for ages afterwards!

great one :biggrin:
Reply 57
People who like to go into monologues in tutorials.
Protein shakers!

I dunno if its the irritating shaking noise I hear several times a day, the endless white dust, or just the pointlessness that annoys me!
Reply 59
Original post by syrettd

:biggrin: That's quality.

Quick Reply

Latest