The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Anybody still waiting for an interview :'( How long is the wait going to be?
Original post by handsome7654
Rejected!!! :'(

OMG WHAT TIME AND WHAT TIME OF DAY, what was your BMAT - so scared :frown:
Original post by Next Level
i think they interview in 2 day gaps, i.e. 28th and 29th feb, 6th and 7th march, etc. and did they change your interview date or did you re-schedule it yourself? :smile:

Have you received your interview yet?
Original post by Palladium
Have you received your interview yet?

no, haven't heard...u?

I know you're nervous, but it's kinda insensitive to fire questions at someone when they've just been rejected without even attempting to console them first.
this is my dream university!! :woo:

I want to apply for medicine but my GCSEs are mainly Bs (nope the rest aren't A* they're Cs , 2 Cs) :frown:
The website only specifies you need a B at english which I have, and I'm aspiring for 3 A* at A level plus another AS at and A/A*. A level in maths, chem, bio AS in english lit or physics haven't decided next year :/

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE MAINLY Bs AT GCSE, ANY SUCCESS STORYS... :cry:
Original post by translucent
x

Hi. If you go on Imperial's entry requirements page, you should see all of their requirements, including their GCSE ones. You have to have As and Bs mainly in relevant subjects (full list on their website)- if you have that, you can apply knowing you stand a chance. :smile:
this is my dream university!! :woo:

I want to apply for medicine but my GCSEs are mainly Bs (nope the rest aren't A* they're Cs , 2 Cs) :frown:
The website only specifies you need a B at english which I have, and I'm aspiring for 3 A* at A level plus another AS at and A/A*. A level in maths, chem, bio AS in english lit or physics haven't decided next year :/

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE MAINLY Bs AT GCSE, ANY SUCCESS STORYS... :cry:

Do you meet the GCSE entry requirements, i think it's like AAABB or something? If so then I wouldn't worry - do well at the BMAT and you'll be fine!
Original post by All Taken
Hi. If you go on Imperial's entry requirements page, you should see all of their requirements, including their GCSE ones. You have to have As and Bs mainly in relevant subjects (full list on their website)- if you have that, you can apply knowing you stand a chance. :smile:

I've been on that site so many times, I check again and saw you need AAABB; I guess I only see what I want believe :frown:
It said double award science can substitute the requirement for seperate GCSE in chem,bio, physics - and I got a C. Any suggestions whether exceptional A level grades in bio,chem can subsitute my science grades? are they flexible? are you a current imperial student? :redface:
Original post by brighteyes1994
Do you meet the GCSE entry requirements, i think it's like AAABB or something? If so then I wouldn't worry - do well at the BMAT and you'll be fine!

you obv didn't read what I got for my GCSEs :teehee:
and just checked it is AAABB, so I don't stand a chance :cry:

Bmat = 4.4, 7.7, 4.5A

I got rejected in the morning a couple of days ago! :frown:
Original post by handsome7654
Bmat = 4.4, 7.7, 4.5A

I got rejected in the morning a couple of days ago! :frown:

Sorry to hear that, your BMAT is out of this world especially S2 and S3, your S1 must have been below the cut off :frown:
Sorry to hear that, your BMAT is out of this world especially S2 and S3, your S1 must have been below the cut off :frown:

Haha thankyou! Nd yeaa I really messed up badly on S1!! :frown:
What was your Bmat? :smile:
Prob gunna be a gap year for me tbh!
I've been on that site so many times, I check again and saw you need AAABB; I guess I only see what I want believe :frown:
It said double award science can substitute the requirement for seperate GCSE in chem,bio, physics - and I got a C. Any suggestions whether exceptional A level grades in bio,chem can subsitute my science grades? are they flexible? are you a current imperial student? :redface:

to be honest dude- you often get these questions asking whether an outstanding/exceptional section of your application can make up for a rather low section elsewhere and there is no arbitrary answer.

I dont want to be harsh in anyway- but what makes you think that you can achieve an exceptional score in science a-level, when you achieved a C at GCSE which is traditionally much easier?

My advise would be to contact the admissions office by email and ask them.

good luck

The website only specifies you need a B at english which I have, and I'm aspiring for 3 A* at A level plus another AS at and A/A*.

You clearly have no concept of how challenging a-levels are plus you can't get A* at AS
Original post by confused dot com
I know you're nervous, but it's kinda insensitive to fire questions at someone when they've just been rejected without even attempting to console them first.

Sorry - apologies :colondollar:
Two thousand, two hundred and twenty second post!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Talexe
Wall o' text.

Did you go to QE boys in Barnet? :confused:
I have my interview on the 22nd of feb and i am panicking!!
To those who have attended an interview, do they ask any A level bio/chem questions?? since I am on my gap year my knowledge has faded a bit, if they do ask, i would need a very fast track revision of my A levels.
Original post by wannabeadoctor
I have my interview on the 22nd of feb and i am panicking!!
To those who have attended an interview, do they ask any A level bio/chem questions?? since I am on my gap year my knowledge has faded a bit, if they do ask, i would need a very fast track revision of my A levels.

Nope, they don't ask science questions unless you've put something specific on your PS I suppose - although I am a school leaver so the interview could be slightly different.

Quick Reply