The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5320
Original post by Oziris
I so nearly got my Brighton team into the Premiership, I was 2nd in the league with a 5 point gap back to Ipswich in 3rd after 40 games. Then I managed a 5 game losing streak but somehow was only 1 point off 2nd with the last game, I needed both Ipswich and Reading to lose and me to win. I beat Peterborough 2-0 but Reading won. I finished 3rd and now have to fight the play offs. Leicester first then either Portsmouth or Ipswich!

On a side note does anyone know some good, reasonably cheap Championship/Lower Premiership quality players? If I don't go up I doubt I will have a massive budget to strengthen my team. I do have 4 players joining in July on a free, a couple were on the wonderkids shortlist I found.

Jay spearing, darron Gibson, dos santos, you can usually get these on the cheap/for free. Remember to check the transfer list, sometimes you can get some good buys. Raid the teams who got relegated for their players too, can sometimes get some decent buys.
Had a clear onside goal ruled out for offside. My player was behind the ball when the cross came in, but that replay thingy with the lines showed it as offside :s Didn't come up as a refereeing mistake either cos I wasn't asked about it in the press conference ffs
Reply 5322
Original post by Peachz
Jay spearing, darron Gibson, dos santos, you can usually get these on the cheap/for free. Remember to check the transfer list, sometimes you can get some good buys. Raid the teams who got relegated for their players too, can sometimes get some decent buys.

I did try those three but they didn't want to join me. It's alright though because I got quite a few decent players cheap or on free from the transfer list.

I've had a rather good pre-season too! Beat Arsenal 3-2 at home and came back from 3-0 down against Rangers away to draw 3-3 and even miss a penalty in the process.

Brighton v Arsenal (Information_ Overview).png Rangers v Brighton (Information_ Overview).png
heroic performance :sexface:

xerezzzz.PNG

Although sometimes my team amaze me with their ineptitude

mallorca.PNG
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5324
Resigned after 11 seasons at Liverpool.

Won the League Cup x 5, FA Cup x 4, Premier League x 7, Community Shield x 5, Champions League x 2, European Super Cup and the World Club Championship.

Put me 13th on the all-time hall of fame and 2nd for English managers.

Took charge of France who are 5th in the world rankings, at the beginning of the Euro 2024 qualification campaign. Been drawn with Norway, Bulgaria, Finland and Luxembourg. First game was a friendly away to Croatia which I lost 1-0. Won my first three qualification games, 4-0 away to Norway, 4-0 at home to Finland and 3-0 away to Bulgaria. Just had another two friendlies away to Colombia who won the World Cup in 2012, and away to Egypt which I won 3-0 and 2-0 respectively.

Now got a longgggggg wait for another game.
Reply 5325
Original post by Ash_TJ
Resigned after 11 seasons at Liverpool.

Won the League Cup x 5, FA Cup x 4, Premier League x 7, Community Shield x 5, Champions League x 2, European Super Cup and the World Club Championship.

Put me 13th on the all-time hall of fame and 2nd for English managers.

Took charge of France who are 5th in the world rankings, at the beginning of the Euro 2024 qualification campaign. Been drawn with Norway, Bulgaria, Finland and Luxembourg. First game was a friendly away to Croatia which I lost 1-0. Won my first three qualification games, 4-0 away to Norway, 4-0 at home to Finland and 3-0 away to Bulgaria. Just had another two friendlies away to Colombia who won the World Cup in 2012, and away to Egypt which I won 3-0 and 2-0 respectively.

Now got a longgggggg wait for another game.

:lolwut:
Right finally have got FM12 and have started a game with Liverpool :smile:

However I have a budget of less than 5 million and need a DMC (very badly needed) and a striker (Carroll is the definition of piss poor on the game and only Suarez to hold the line in the long term)

Anybody have any suggestions? :confused:

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Angry cucumber

However I have a budget of less than 5 million and need a DMC (very badly needed) and a striker (Carroll is the definition of piss poor on the game and only Suarez to hold the line in the long term)

For the DMC, try Adam Vass from Bescia (sp?) or Pape Abdou Camara (plays for Standard in the Belgian League). Camara has worse stats but better potential, maybe more reserves/fringe player for first season, but comes great in the second. Only about £600k for each of them.

Here is Camara on my current save about 6/7 months after I bought him (I had him in the B team for a while):

As for strikers, it depends how you play. Sanogo is a must buy I guess, but in my past few saves I'm been relying on a guy called Mushaga Bakenga from Rosenborg BK (sometimes he's in the 2nd or U19 team).

You can usually get him by just offering a contract and about £55k compensation, and he's an absolute machine! Stats don't seem amazing at first, good pace and acceleration and alright finishing, but he's on 18 goals in 24 apps in all competitions for me, and is keeping Villa out the team for now!

Here are his stats:

Hope they help :smile:
Reply 5328

You could get castaignos on loan from inter, with an option to buy at the end of the season. He isn't brilliant to start off with but bagged me around 15 goals off of the subs bench in my first season. Develops into an alright striker too
Reply 5329
Wilfried or Lacina Traore would be decent. Andy Carroll is a great goalscorer on the game once you get his speed up a bit though.

Mo Diarra is a free agent at the start of the game.

You'll be very lucky to get a striker, though, not for the long-term anyway. Try getting Amauri/Toni from Juve on loan or cheaply, would do for a season or two, while you train Carroll up - he's not that bad in my game, tbh. [I am not Liverpool but still] Second season in and he's scored 6 in 15 games.
I played a season with Liverpool. For some reason the minimum board expectation is a title challenge which is insane. Came third with both domestic cups and got the sack. Proceeded to rage hard.
Reply 5332
First promoted season with Southampton :mmm:
Sign Iker Muniain people! I signed him in my first season for 15mil. He's developing brilliantly, along with Mbaye Niang (8mil), Carlos Fierro (free) and all the other wonderkids Arsenal have!
Reply 5334
Adam Lallana has been the best player in my team for two seasons running now as well. Once I got his pace up a bit the fact that he has so much flair and is two footed really helped him dominate as an Inside Forward. Currently has the second most assists in the league.
Anyone doing careers with teams they don't support?

I'm a Villa fan so I'm currently hard at work on a Villa career but I've entertained the idea of bringing Forest back to the top, taking a very low league team to the premier league, managing my current local sides (MK Dons/Northampton) or being the team I'm currently playing as on FIFA (TSV 1860 Munich).
Reply 5336
Original post by jackf1337
Anyone doing careers with teams they don't support?

I'm a Villa fan so I'm currently hard at work on a Villa career but I've entertained the idea of bringing Forest back to the top, taking a very low league team to the premier league, managing my current local sides (MK Dons/Northampton) or being the team I'm currently playing as on FIFA (TSV 1860 Munich).

I'm doing it with Southampton. Won the FA Cup and the Championship in my first season. Currently joint second in the league after 26 games and only 7 points off the top. Just drew with Benfica away in the first leg of the Europa League knockout round as well :coma:
Original post by Mess.
Adam Lallana has been the best player in my team for two seasons running now as well. Once I got his pace up a bit the fact that he has so much flair and is two footed really helped him dominate as an Inside Forward. Currently has the second most assists in the league.

Just put a bid on Lallana!

How do you add a thumbnail picture such as on your post :confused:
Original post by Mess.
I'm doing it with Southampton. Won the FA Cup and the Championship in my first season. Currently joint second in the league after 26 games and only 7 points off the top. Just drew with Benfica away in the first leg of the Europa League knockout round as well :coma:

Good effort!

Might start something when I'm bored of my Villa career. Would love to take a team from the lowest division to win the Champions League. Any recommendations on which team I use?
Reply 5339
Just put a bid on Lallana!

How do you add a thumbnail picture such as on your post :confused:

Press the 'Go Advanced' button, then scroll down a bit and click the 'Manage Attatchments' one. Once you upload it'll appear when you post :yy:

Latest