University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Downing College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

looks like its only me and you going this year Pete haha
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Well done offer holders :smile: If you have any questions, feel free to ask me (I'm a second year studying Phys NatSci) :smile:
Reply 882
Downing 2012, MPhil in Finance :biggrin:
Reply 883
Original post by LookIt'sPete
Well done :biggrin: I've got an offer for law!

Me too :biggrin:
Original post by impster
Me too :biggrin:

Wahey, nice one! :biggrin:

Which day were you interviewed on?
Reply 885
Original post by LookIt'sPete
Wahey, nice one! :biggrin:

Which day were you interviewed on?

Well done on yours :smile:
The 6th- you?
hey everyone, i've got an offer for medicine :smile:
Original post by charlotte9420
hey everyone, i've got an offer for medicine :smile:

Well done! :smile:
I still cant believe that I have an offer - hasnt quite sunk in yet haha
Original post by harricarter11

Well done! :smile:
I still cant believe that I have an offer - hasnt quite sunk in yet haha

well done to you too!! oh my gosh, exact same! had to have a sneaky peak at the acceptance letter again the other day to make sure i hadn't made it all up :P
i'm getting so worried about not getting the grades now though! would be so bad to not make the offer :s-smilie:
well done to you too!! oh my gosh, exact same! had to have a sneaky peak at the acceptance letter again the other day to make sure i hadn't made it all up :P
i'm getting so worried about not getting the grades now though! would be so bad to not make the offer :s-smilie:

After I had told my friends and family about my offer, i got worried that i might have misread the email (they emailed me because i was pooled). Would have been well embarassing if i'd have imagined it haha.

Is your A* specified? Mine says it could be from any -Biology Maths or Chemistry...
After I had told my friends and family about my offer, i got worried that i might have misread the email (they emailed me because i was pooled). Would have been well embarassing if i'd have imagined it haha.

Is your A* specified? Mine says it could be from any -Biology Maths or Chemistry...

aww haha!! could you imagine? "you know i said i got an offer from cambridge? well.. i imagined it, soz guys."
so which college did you apply to originally?
nope it's not specified for me either :smile: out of bio, chem, maths or physics for me.. and then have to have at least an A in chem.
aww haha!! could you imagine? "you know i said i got an offer from cambridge? well.. i imagined it, soz guys."
so which college did you apply to originally?
nope it's not specified for me either :smile: out of bio, chem, maths or physics for me.. and then have to have at least an A in chem.

I applied to Clare, but Downing was one of my favourites too so i'm happy :smile:
Have you had to do a CRB check?
I sent mine off to the Uni without any money/cheque to pay for it - I can tell from the email Downing College sent me telling me to pay up that they already think i'm a bit dim before i've even started haha
Reply 892
Is Downing really all sporty, outgoing people as they say?
Original post by Anhedonia
Is Downing really all sporty, outgoing people as they say?

No! There are quite a few people like that, yes, but there are also plenty of people who aren't sporty at all (like me!). It just means there are lots of chances to play sport - you don't have to take them. We also have a choir and a big band, if you prefer music :smile:
Reply 894
Original post by Topaz_eyes
No! There are quite a few people like that, yes, but there are also plenty of people who aren't sporty at all (like me!). It just means there are lots of chances to play sport - you don't have to take them. We also have a choir and a big band, if you prefer music :smile:

Good to know that! It was the only thing keeping me from wholeheartedly committing to Downing- I thought I'd feel tremendously out of place around all the outgoing, athletic sort. Clearly, I'm not the most sociable of people. :rolleyes: Is it alright to want to be alone at Downing or will people view you differently, do you know? :smile:
Original post by Anhedonia
Good to know that! It was the only thing keeping me from wholeheartedly committing to Downing- I thought I'd feel tremendously out of place around all the outgoing, athletic sort. Clearly, I'm not the most sociable of people. :rolleyes: Is it alright to want to be alone at Downing or will people view you differently, do you know? :smile:

Everyone needs some time alone - you might not get much in fresher's week, but otherwise it's completely fine :smile:
Reply 896
Okay so im just about to do my AS exams and i want to apply to cambridge, the college i was immediately drawn to was downing.

ive looked at st johns, kings, queens, peterhouse all trying to make an informed decision, but downing shouts out pick me. i know its a long way off for me yet but it makes me feel more comfortable and settled in my mind if i know what my targets are in advance

i guess what im asking is, why is downing the best?

well done to everyone with offers :smile:
Reply 897
I applied to Clare, but Downing was one of my favourites too so i'm happy :smile:
Have you had to do a CRB check?
I sent mine off to the Uni without any money/cheque to pay for it - I can tell from the email Downing College sent me telling me to pay up that they already think i'm a bit dim before i've even started haha

aww so it's all good anyways :biggrin: yeah i had to do a crb check too! completely messed up the front page by putting my first name in the surname box... so hopeless! hahaha that is exactly the kind of thing i would do! i bet the admissions office love us !
also i'm super confused about a form they sent in with the pack about financial support.. it's like, tick this if you've been assessed and are eligible for support.. or something along those lines. does it mean student loans or the whole getting grants thing ? :s-smilie:
Reply 899
also i'm super confused about a form they sent in with the pack about financial support.. it's like, tick this if you've been assessed and are eligible for support.. or something along those lines. does it mean student loans or the whole getting grants thing ? :s-smilie:

I really really hope they meant loan- all these forms are like a whole new test to see if we're smart enough! Hopefully they will tell us if we've obviously done something wrong because it won't match up?
I was getting worried about you guys doing crb checks as I hadn't had anything about that but now I realise that's subject related. Also anyone know when we hear about accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending