The Student Room Group

GIRLS opinion on tattoos on guys

I didn't really know where to post this.
A year or so ago I was 100% sure i wanted at least a sleeve or 2 and maybe more, but now I'm kind of going of the idea even though i think a well done one looks amazing.
So basically I just want to know what you lot think of a guy with them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sleeves are hot. Get it done (if you have nice buff arms).

:biggrin:
I hate sleeves. A couple of "meaningful" tattoos are attractive though.
Thinking of getting a sleeve once i get big arms, want to end up something like this..

zyzz tattoos.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)
Sleeves are definitely sexy! I hate 'tribal' tattoos though.

Out of interest, what do you all think of tattoo's on girls?
Reply 5
Original post by blueeyedgirl

If done well they can be fit! but then i guess you could say that for any tattoo.
I hate people who get most tribal things also because it often looks to blocky and also people who get tattoos in different languages which could mean literally ANYTHING.

Sleeves can look really good but I don't want to regret it later, and also ill have to try and keep big arms for the rest of my life or they'll go weird.
Reply 6
I like them, although not too many one or two is fine.
Reply 7
I love a sleeve or two! Tattoos on guys are ace.

:yy::yy::yy::yy:

My ex had tattoos. Looked good.
Original post by Spunky_Monkey
I didn't really know where to post this.
A year or so ago I was 100% sure i wanted at least a sleeve or 2 and maybe more, but now I'm kind of going of the idea even though i think a well done one looks amazing.
So basically I just want to know what you lot think of a guy with them.

Perhaps take a leaf out of my book, and try a tattoo on the ankle.
Reply 10
Tattoos turn my stomach.
Reply 11

On both genders they're revolting.
Reply 12
My friend loves this guy Bradley Soileau from Lana Del Rey's video for blue jeans. Personally I think his tattoos are far too much, I mean ON YOUR FACE?! REALLY? :eek:
hero2.jpg
Reply 13
I like tattoos on guys, but I don't like sleeves. I like tattoos to be meaningful as well rather than just something random they liked.
Reply 14
If it looks good, wahey! Who cares if they're meaningful? I want to get a tattoo but I don't like using images/text on my body to represent things that have gone on in my life. Personally, I'd get a tattoo just because something is pretty and I think I want to have it for the rest of my life.
Reply 15
Original post by 344302
If it looks good, wahey! Who cares if they're meaningful? I want to get a tattoo but I don't like using images/text on my body to represent things that have gone on in my life. Personally, I'd get a tattoo just because something is pretty and I think I want to have it for the rest of my life.

I agree with you totally.
Also to an extent you could argue what you get defines you as a character anyways, unless your just some dick who simply flicks through a book and picks a skull or something ahah how rebellious.
Reply 16
Original post by Iron Lady
On both genders they're revolting.

I find Thatcher revolting :wink:
Please don't do it to look more attractive. I don't dislike a few tattooes on guys, but I don't find it attractive when guys dress or style themselves to impress girls.
Surely it depends on the person? What suits one would be terrible on another. And as a cast-iron rule, bows and cupcakes on girls and 1990s-style tribal patterns on guys are appalling. Fact.
Reply 19
Original post by TheHyacinthGirl
Please don't do it to look more attractive. I don't dislike a few tattooes on guys, but I don't find it attractive when guys dress or style themselves to impress girls.

I'm not
I want them as a means of expression and because I'm a guitarist its kind of an unwritten rule. Although, at the same time I wouldn't want to get something that people find off-putting.

Quick Reply

Latest