The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riderz
Trying to apportion any blame to a 13 year old for being raped is kinda low, no?

With your green gems one would assume you know TSR quite well.........
Original post by im so academic
What kind of backward culture do you have? We are living in Britain. Britain is no place for misogyny.

:dontknow:

Inequal pay, low criminal conviction of rape whilst most go unreported, eating disorders, astronomical levels of domestic violence and sexual harassment that often goes unnoticed, the right of a woman not to be viewed as an object constantly abused...

That said, not every society is ideal.
Original post by Brutal Honesty
I don't think so. Bangladeshis have almost identical upbringings to these people. The difference is, Pakistanis live in northern working class towns where they form into gangs and because of family breakdown, social problems etc. there's an abundance of young girls who've run away from home and are prone to getting into cars with strange men. I know guys who live in these areas and they say it's not uncommon for 14 year old girls to have "boyfriends" ten years older than them. I live in South London and the same thing happens with girls in year 8 having sexual relationships with an entire gang of men who are ten years older than them and wait outside school for them. This article highlights the problem.

I dunno, mang.

I've noticed a big difference between people from Karachi and Mirpur. In terms of attitudes,culture, tolerance etc etc. You'd think one was from New York and one was from Alabama. Or Bulgaria.

The difference is that stark.

Basically all the scummy guys are always from Mirpur while people from Karachi are more..............enlightened shall we say.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by harmony_01
:dontknow:

Inequal pay, low criminal conviction of rape whilst most go unreported, eating disorders, astronomical levels of domestic violence and sexual harassment that often goes unnoticed, the right of a woman not to be viewed as an object constantly abused...

That said, not every society is ideal.

Those things are not part of BRITISH CULTURE is it?

Don't try to make excuses.
Original post by ras90
It is relevant.

As a % more muslims commit these crimes than other groups.

If you are intent on labelling them, then at least be specific. Labelling them as "Asian" doesn't get you anywhere.

You are correct in saying that people who call themselves Muslims (irrespective of whether they are actually practicing Islam or not) have higher crime rates - Muslims actually represent 11% of the UK prison population, despite making p just 3% of the general population.

However, you can't paint all Asians with the same brush. For example, Sikhs represent 0.8% of the prison population, the same percentage as we make up of the general population. Hindus represent 0.7% of the prison population, despite making up 1% of the general population.

And of course, there are many Muslims who are responsible and well meaning - who have a completely clean criminal record.

My point is that being "Asian" is a very vague term, and includes a huge variety of different groups. Therefore, you should not just label them as paedophiles etc. because that leads to bigotry and misunderstanding; two things our society doesn't need.
Reply 205
Original post by littleone271
I thought muslims were against sex before marriage? So why are sexual crimes being associated with Islam?

I'm no expert on this matter but it seems a bit weird to me.

Islamophobes will associate anything bad with Islam they want and then claim that Muslims are simply lying when they say that such practices are against Islam, they will then resort to quoting extremely fringe scholarly opinion (if one can even calm them "scholarly") and out of context verses then finally bring forward evidence from Shia sources and their practices in Iran, who just about represent 10% of Muslims while the 90% don't even consider them as Muslims in the first place.
Oh well, nobody ever said the world is a nice place.
Original post by Brutal Honesty
It's extremely common in the area I live. Most of the black/mixed race girls who are 13/14 and from council estates will be living with their boyfriend who is at least 10 years older. Then when his friends come around (gang members) they will take it in turns to have sex with her. Presumably the "boyfriend" gets gang rep for this.

The difference is this sets off alarm bells in our society.

We don't go saying "wasn't me, boss" like you see in discussions about the subject in this thread.

Basically what we see amounts to "wasn't me, boss". It's always:

"There is no proof that Muhammad Tarik Muhammad Muhammad is Muslim"
"Those little slags are the cause even though they're 13."
"Chloe is a prostitute lol"

It's never "OK we have a problem here."

See what I mean?
Reply 207
Original post by Chloe xxx
I didnt write that, someone else did I posted that it mirrored my thoughts. I dont hate muslims at all, what a strange thing to say. I have my suspicions on some of the views on women, however I dont even think this 'sex gang' phenomena has anything to do with Islam. The perpetrators might be 'muslim', however thats irrelevant. The thread title has 'muslim' in it, when really it should say mirpuri pakistani.

WIN. im going to hate when the counterparts of such disgusting people start doing it to bengali girls and indian and pakistani as some twisted from of retribution this is whats going to happen if people carry on sticking MUSLIM did wong ting infront of eveything
(edited 12 years ago)

K. British culture or not, we still have an awful lot to do, let's just hope we become enlightened.
The post was a response to the OP who used 'muslim' in the title. I don't think this is an Islamic problem, although the Quran and how it is interpreted is very fishy in many ways.

your negative attitude toward islam and your previous posts on other islam threads clearly indicate that you are islamophobic. .

you just need any chance to attack muslims. .
Original post by harmony_01
K. British culture or not, we still have an awful lot to do, let's just hope we become enlightened.

compared to backward 1400 y/o islamic desert shepherd culture, we in the west are serene enlightened buddhists sitting under a tree.
Reply 211

They are talking so much uneducated garbage its astounding. Yes, western women are getting abused and from the looks of it its happening a lot with foreign men.
Reply 212
Original post by Love Of My Life <3
your negative attitude toward islam and your previous posts on other islam threads clearly indicate that you are islamophobic. .

you just need any chance to attack muslims. .

No, the islamaphobe is an old argument. I'm not scared of Islam, at all. What an odd thing to say. I don't see a woman in hijab and run away having a panic attack. I couldnt care less.

Shut up.
Original post by ras90
It is very simple.

The average Muslim in the UK is more likely to be convicted as part of a sex gang than any other group of people.

Clear?

why ?
why ?

Well that's what we're trying to figure out.

It's a little hard to debate it when people shout "ISLAMIPHOBE" at anybody who even brings it up even though it's evidently the case.
No, the islamaphobe is an old argument. I'm not scared of Islam, at all. What an odd thing to say. I don't see a woman in hijab and run away having a panic attack. I couldnt care less.

Shut up.

its apparent that U definatly do have a problem with Muslims. .

U are just an Idiot. .
Original post by TheHuman
Islamophobes will associate anything bad with Islam they want and then claim that Muslims are simply lying when they say that such practices are against Islam, they will then resort to quoting extremely fringe scholarly opinion (if one can even calm them "scholarly") and out of context verses then finally bring forward evidence from Shia sources and their practices in Iran, who just about represent 10% of Muslims while the 90% don't even consider them as Muslims in the first place.

Although none of that explains muslim men grooming kids for sex in the uk :dontknow:
Original post by TheHuman

Yeah that sounds about right.
Original post by KimKallstrom
The difference is this sets off alarm bells in our society.

We don't go saying "wasn't me, boss" like you see in discussions about the subject in this thread.

Basically what we see amounts to "wasn't me, boss". It's always:

"There is no proof that Muhammad Tarik Muhammad Muhammad is Muslim"
"Those little slags are the cause even though they're 13."
"Chloe is a prostitute lol"

It's never "OK we have a problem here."

See what I mean?

Actually the most common excuseyouve left out is-

" its not muslim, its pakistanis. theyre pakistani. From pakistan!"

That is fueled by the daily mail reporting style which is creating a smokescreen. Clearly islamic scriptare is influencing pakistanis, not the other way around
why ?

Original post by KimKallstrom
Well that's what we're trying to figure out.

It's a little hard to debate it when people shout "ISLAMIPHOBE" at anybody who even brings it up even though it's evidently the case.

This.

Latest

Trending

Trending