The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cinnamonITFC
In terms of freshers, Floyer seems to be incredibly close knit. They all go out things together as an entire group of freshers, rather than many groups ala Dawson. Which is nice I suppose.

On the other hand, I would always pick Dawson. Amazing group of people and by far the best area of any medical school halls that I've heard of.

The green outside is amazing to have in central London! I have never regretted picking Dawson. When I was a pre-fresher I was really confused, as they don't show you Dawson at the open days and I was very close to picking Mile End, but as PSQ says, so many people regret not picking Dawson.

Have fun!

How are the facilities in Dawson? Like is the building and equipments maintained properly etc? And how close is the nearest supermarket :biggrin:
Reply 5821
Original post by MuffinMonster
How are the facilities in Dawson? Like is the building and equipments maintained properly etc? And how close is the nearest supermarket :biggrin:

That is one of the very important factors! Shopping bag hands and aching shoulders is not fun. But in london there should always be one fairly near?? (i hope...)
Original post by lilo891
That is one of the very important factors! Shopping bag hands and aching shoulders is not fun. But in london there should always be one fairly near?? (i hope...)

Well that's part of why I applied to a London Uni!
FIRMED THIS HOT BABY!! :sogood: :coma: :ahee: :teeth:
Original post by ViceVersa
FIRMED THIS HOT BABY!! :sogood: :coma: :ahee: :teeth:

Feels good don't it :colone:
Feels good don't it :colone:

It is a bloody great feeling!! :biggrin: :colone:

Motivation also stronger than ever, on to revision from now on! :biggrin:
It is a bloody great feeling!! :biggrin: :colone:

Motivation also stronger than ever, on to revision from now on! :biggrin:

Yeah! :biggrin: How was your Jan exams?
Yeah! :biggrin: How was your Jan exams?

:biggrin:

Good thanks! :biggrin: Yours? :h:
:biggrin:

Good thanks! :biggrin: Yours? :h:

Yeah it went alright! Although I worked out that I can only drop 2 marks in Chem if I wanted A* and that's kinda scary but that's the price you pay :rolleyes:
Yeah it went alright! Although I worked out that I can only drop 2 marks in Chem if I wanted A* and that's kinda scary but that's the price you pay :rolleyes:

That's like me with some of mine (except) chem, but tbh I don't care, I just want AAA! :biggrin:
That's like me with some of mine (except) chem, but tbh I don't care, I just want AAA! :biggrin:

Ha yeah as long as it gets you into uni :biggrin: my worst nightmare would be going through all the UCAS stuff and luckily getting an offer only to not get the grades in the end!
Reply 5831
Ha yeah as long as it gets you into uni :biggrin: my worst nightmare would be going through all the UCAS stuff and luckily getting an offer only to not get the grades in the end!

Quite literally my worst nightmare! I'm on a B in Biology right now, ****ting bricks... :party:

On a B because Jan exams didn't go so well :tongue:
Original post by Iepnauy
Quite literally my worst nightmare! I'm on a B in Biology right now, ****ting bricks... :party:

On a B because Jan exams didn't go so well :tongue:

How was your AS? Coz my teacher actually told me that I done alright in AS, but not good enough to be aiming for an A*, and I should concentrate on my other 2 subjects since I can get an A even if I get a high B in A2.
Reply 5833
How was your AS? Coz my teacher actually told me that I done alright in AS, but not good enough to be aiming for an A*, and I should concentrate on my other 2 subjects since I can get an A even if I get a high B in A2.

240/300 for AS bio :redface:. And just recently 70/90 in Jan exams. I need to make up 2 UMS somewhere and get As in coursework + last exam :wink: gotta pull my finger out and do some work!

Exactly! :biggrin: And yeah it's my WORST nightmare atm too! :frown:
Original post by Iepnauy
240/300 for AS bio :redface:. And just recently 70/90 in Jan exams. I need to make up 2 UMS somewhere and get As in coursework + last exam :wink: gotta pull my finger out and do some work!

Ha yeah so do I, doesn't help that I can only find one past paper for my last exam! I rely heavily on those things :frown: this is the first time I'm preparing for exams so early lol
Exactly! :biggrin: And yeah it's my WORST nightmare atm too! :frown:

Ha that fear is driving me to actually do some work :tongue: I admire the reapplicants though, I dunno if I could have focus on doing well in exams without an offer like some of them have done
Ha that fear is driving me to actually do some work :tongue: I admire the reapplicants though, I dunno if I could have focus on doing well in exams without an offer like some of them have done

SAME! :tongue: and yeah same, I really think about that sometimes and don't know how they did it..

Facilities are pretty good, lifts are regularly maintained, kitchen and bathrooms cleaned daily, rooms cleaned fornightly.

The gym in the basement has the basics and is cheap, the games room has been refurbed a little bit recently (new pool table cover, cues and table tennis bats), and never had any problems with the laundry room.

Nearest shop is Tesco express which is on the corner by barbican station for little things that run out, bread/milk etc.

Nearest supermarket to barbican is Waitrose, about a 5min walk. But the one everyone uses is the huge sainsbury's in whitechapel, which is close to whitechapel tube station, then tube it back to barbican and you're basically home.
Hi All....
I need some help!
I live within the M25, but it takes 1 hour 20 / 30 mins to get to Whitechapel, just been on the phone with Student Accomodation people and been told should I apply I will be on a waiting list and may get a place end Oct?
They suggest commuting from home (!) or moving into a hostel until they can offer me a room (which they cant guarantee)....
Do any current Barts med students know if its likely that I will get into halls?

I love Barts and was so excited with the offer, but dont think I will cope with living at home and commuting! Its not that my home life isnt comfortable and all.... its just not what I thought going to Uni would be about :colondollar:

all advice on working my way up the waiting list/ short term lets etc welcomed.
:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending