The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9820
Original post by Jace Falco
I've met someone :h:

I saw your post in the Happy Super Sunshine Thread. Glad to hear it :grin:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Go you! Details? :smile:

Short version: I got super drunk with some friends on St Patrick's day, then my friend Celia saw her friend Beth; we went back to Beth's to drink more, Beth and I ended up getting very friendly. Turned out we actually quite liked each other (rather than just the usual drunk thing of being attractive and horny) so I've started seeing her. Spent last night with her and some friends (movie night, not orgy) and today around Camden enjoying the weather and each other's company. Happyyy :h::h:
Reply 9822
Original post by Jace Falco
Short version: I got super drunk with some friends on St Patrick's day, then my friend Celia saw her friend Beth; we went back to Beth's to drink more, Beth and I ended up getting very friendly. Turned out we actually quite liked each other (rather than just the usual drunk thing of being attractive and horny) so I've started seeing her. Spent last night with her and some friends (movie night, not orgy) and today around Camden enjoying the weather and each other's company. Happyyy :h::h:

Aww, good for you. Obligatory breeder-phobia and jealousy too obviously.
Also, I am sunburned. Owie.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Nice! Pics?

I'm starting to get used to my slightly silvering hair actually... it looks distinguished. :hat:

No pics for the moment; the dye's not taken especially strongly so it looks more platinum blonde than anything, like a bizarre lovechild between Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter :tongue:

I'm looking forward to going grey :h:
My life is in a really hazy moment ATM. The idea of being single for me is great as it means that I'm never tied down. But at the same time, I also would want to be in some sort of a relationship. I'm not sure what I want :unsure:
This morning I finally met the couchsurfer we have staying with us (I was in bed by the time he arrived last night). Good grief he's hot :coma:

Unfortunately I'm now in this slightly awkward hanging-around moment where I thought he was going to have left before I went to work, but he's still here and it's getting late and I'm not sure if I should leave him alone or whatever ><
whoo day off

says something about my life at present when a massive lie in was staying in bed until 9 though.

still, I intend to do absolutely **** all today :awesome:
Original post by dbmag9
Just A Minute with moving pictures. :s-smilie: Devilry!

I watched the first episode yesterday. It was good, but there was still something not quite right. I'll put it down to the moving pictures. Also Graham Norton.
Opening night tonight :eek:
Original post by dbmag9
Just A Minute with moving pictures. :s-smilie: Devilry!

I assume you're in the same mind as me about (another) televised version of JaM, then? :P
Original post by fretter778
I watched the first episode yesterday. It was good, but there was still something not quite right. I'll put it down to the moving pictures. Also Graham Norton.

The introduction doesn't work on TV, really, if I'm honest... or it might be that it doesn't work on BBC2... It's a very BBC2 set, too... too bright... Just close your eyes :P

Wow, I'm 17... the average age of the audience is over 4 times my age!

Oh well, at least they kept Paul and Nicholas on the show, and the guests are of the usual pool...
Reply 9832
Original post by cpdavis
My life is in a really hazy moment ATM. The idea of being single for me is great as it means that I'm never tied down. But at the same time, I also would want to be in some sort of a relationship. I'm not sure what I want :unsure:

I know how you feel. I figure it's easiest to enjoy not being tied down (hur hur hur) while staying open to the idea of being in something serious? No reason to commit to one or the other.

Original post by Revd. Mike
This morning I finally met the couchsurfer we have staying with us (I was in bed by the time he arrived last night). Good grief he's hot :coma:

Unfortunately I'm now in this slightly awkward hanging-around moment where I thought he was going to have left before I went to work, but he's still here and it's getting late and I'm not sure if I should leave him alone or whatever ><

Jump him. :yep:

Original post by fretter778

I thought Graham Norton was pretty good, actually. Russell Tovey fails adorably in the second one though (and Paul looked pretty miserable for that one too).

Original post by ATMarsden
The introduction doesn't work on TV, really, if I'm honest... or it might be that it doesn't work on BBC2... It's a very BBC2 set, too... too bright... Just close your eyes :P

I thought it was deliberately retro; I was surprised they didn't show whoever was blowing the whistle though. :p:
Original post by dbmag9
I thought Graham Norton was pretty good, actually. Russell Tovey fails adorably in the second one though (and Paul looked pretty miserable for that one too).

I thought it was deliberately retro; I was surprised they didn't show whoever was blowing the whistle though. :p:

I won't deny the retro... but I found it very much a "modern" retro... if you get me... I don't get me :L

I was also surprised not to see the whistle blower...

OMG Episode 2 has Sir Stephen of Frydom :P

ADDITIONAL:
By the introduction, I meant Nicholas' monologue, but actually, I don't mind it now, I was just being very weird :P

Now watching Episode 2 :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9834
I won't deny the retro... but I found it very much a "modern" retro... if you get me... I don't get me :L

I was also surprised not to see the whistle blower...

OMG Episode 2 has Sir Stephen of Frydom :P

Episode 2 also has a 75% gay panel (up from 50% in Episode 1), which, it should be pointed out, I noticed before Julian Clary mentioned it. :p:
Original post by dbmag9
Episode 2 also has a 75% gay panel (up from 50% in Episode 1), which, it should be pointed out, I noticed before Julian Clary mentioned it. :p:

I didn't realise that Russell Tovey was gay... even though I've been told many times, I always forget!
Reply 9836
By the introduction, I meant Nicholas' monologue, but actually, I don't mind it now, I was just being very weird :P

Now watching Episode 2 :P

The bit where he has to explain the game is necessary for TV, I guess, though it does make it sound odd, yeah.

I didn't realise that Russell Tovey was gay... even though I've been told many times, I always forget!

He is! And quite adorable. And terrible at Just a Minute. :p:
Original post by dbmag9
The bit where he has to explain the game is necessary for TV, I guess, though it does make it sound odd, yeah.

He is! And quite adorable. And terrible at Just a Minute. :p:

Yeah, I think the explanation is what made it cringeworthy, actually...

Russell Tovey is quite definitely adorable!
Hi guys how's everyone? :smile:

I'm officially finished for easter :biggrin: Feeling very upbeat today what with all this lovely weather!
Original post by dbmag9
I know how you feel. I figure it's easiest to enjoy not being tied down (hur hur hur) while staying open to the idea of being in something serious? No reason to commit to one or the other.

Quite - if you find something worth committing to, then great. If you look too hard for a serious relationship, you'll either scare people off or end up in something you resent.

Latest