The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You can return Primark stuff but 7-8 months is a long time. You can ask, but I'm not sure you'll be successful. Make sure you still have the reciept otherwise you'll have an even slimmer chance.
you have no legal right to a refund after that length of time. They might still permit it but they are going to wonder if you have been wearing it with the tags on.
Reply 3
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me
I attempted in purchasing my first primark 7-8months ago rather than my normal branded Gstar Nike Adidas etc.
And i don't want to wear it in public. The tag still on it, so can i return it?

I work in a primark

you won't get a refund if it's not within 28 days. They just won't give you one. Maybe if it was a couple days over, you might find a kind manager who'd look over it, but not after months and months. I wouldn't even try.
Every store in the UK has a 28 day returns policy...
Basically whats everyone else had said, 28days return only not 7/8 months, what took you a long time to decide whether you like it or not anyway?
Reply 6
And how badly do you need £3.50?
Reply 7
not chance mate
Reply 8
I think I'd be more embarrassed to be seen wearing g-star in public :tongue: (I kid, I kid)

Like everyone said, it's a 28 day policy, they might be lenient if the tags are still on but I think 7 months is pushing it, they probably won't even stock that item any more.
Reply 9
You won't be able to return it, you could try selling it on ebay?
Original post by KJane
You won't be able to return it, you could try selling it on ebay?

You're kidding! The postage and packaging would be worth more than the item of clothing!
Reply 11
I think 7/8 is a little long!You could try though.
Original post by 11flon
I think I'd be more embarrassed to be seen wearing g-star in public :tongue: (I kid, I kid)

Like everyone said, it's a 28 day policy, they might be lenient if the tags are still on but I think 7 months is pushing it, they probably won't even stock that item any more.

Very true. The stock turnaround there is pretty quick so you're also right about them probably not even stocking it anymore.
Reply 13
Original post by ilovehobnobs
Every store in the UK has a 28 day returns policy...

lol not true at all.. some have longer
Reply 14
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me
I attempted in purchasing my first primark 7-8months ago rather than my normal branded Gstar Nike Adidas etc.
And i don't want to wear it in public. The tag still on it, so can i return it?

You can always try but I would advise you not to take the receipt as then they will really immediately know and refuse instantly. If you are lucky and they still have it in stock they may let you exchange it for another item but definitely not a refund.
Reply 15
Depends on the store and assistant I guess, but I was in Primark buying some stuff last week, and the lady in front of me returned some kids jeans (with tags on) without a receipt! :redface:

Surprised they allowed it, must really just depend on how nice the assistant is feeling.
Original post by Henwin
And how badly do you need £3.50?

This.

How poor are you?
Reply 17
Burn it.
Reply 18
use it as toilet paper...its certainly cheaper...:P
Give it to a charity shop... that's if they accept it..

Latest