The Student Room Group

Guys: When did you start sleeping alone?

I was just thinking about this recently.

I started sleeping on my own very late (for various reasons). By "sleeping alone", I mean, sleeping on your own room. Ie, not with your parents or whoever who brought you up.

This is a bit of a weird thread :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by Hood_Man

Cool
Reply 3
Yeah, i think i was 9 as well actually.
Reply 4
How old were you tobe?
Well, I had to share a room with a brother until I was 12 so it took a long time.
Reply 6
When do you start primary school? I think it was a year or two before that. Really can't remember though
Must be different for girls because I'm sure I've been sleeping alone since birth
Reply 8
We had limited rooms in my old house, so i had to share with my Brother.

But when we moved house when i was 9, i got my own room.
I was about 8 because I had to share a room with my brother, but my parents converted the attic into a bedroom for my brother. Problem was, the entrance to the attic was in my room.
In my own room when I was about 3, I think :erm:

Until then I used to sleep in a cot in my parents' room :redface:
Reply 12
I shared with my sister until my brother could sleep in a proper bed, then I shared with him until I went to uni at 19. Fun times.
When I was six my little brother came along so he moved into the bedroom with my middle brother and I got pushed out into the study.
always slept on my own assumed this was normal guess not
unless We visited family or friends and they didn't have spare rooms for each of us

of course I know some share with brothers and sisters but the OP doesn't ask that so sleeping with your parents until 9 or something is a little strange.
Reply 15
I was 16. Looking at some people's answers, I realize it wasn't a great deal :smile:
I had my very own bunk bed, so I started sleeping on my own in my big-girl bed at a very young age :teeth:
I thought OP meant parents/guardians and not siblings. I've slept without my parents from 6months
Reply 18
I have a really small house with quite a lot of people.. I shared with my sister till I was 17? 18?
I had to share for a really long time tbh. Into my teens, because we lived in a 3 bedroom house and there were about 6/7 of us (depending on whether my grandmother was alive).

I don't think it's a big deal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending