The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Hi,
I have a conditional for Physio and was just wondering what accommodation people are applying for?
advice on what is best would be great!
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Has anyone applied to European studies with French? if so, has anyone heard back yet?

Doesn't matter, got an offer! woo hoo! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 242
Got 2 offers for Quantity Surveying and Quantity Surveying with Commercial Management! :smile: is everyone going for halls or is anyone looking for flats ? still 6 months away but it seems to be going really fast!
Reply 243
I've firmed Northumbria for physiotherapy and was wondering where most of the people that do courses at Coach Lane Campus live as i've heard most live in the city still?
Original post by jack9
I've firmed Northumbria for physiotherapy and was wondering where most of the people that do courses at Coach Lane Campus live as i've heard most live in the city still?

There is a mix of students from Coach Lane living on both campuses as well as at home/in private accommodation/in Marleen Court, it depends on what you want. If you live on City campus then you can walk to/from town but you have to get up earlier to get the bus to lectures etc, whereas if you live on Coach Lane it's the other way round. Both campuses have a Students' Union and there are still pubs near Coach Lane to go out in. On Coach Lane you'll most likely be living with just other students at Coach Lane whereas on City campus most people are studying on that campus.
Reply 245
still really not sure what to go for.

how often are the buses between campuses and how late and early are they on for?

gone from definitely wanting to live in the city to wanting coach lane campus due to it been my campus..
Original post by jack9
still really not sure what to go for.

how often are the buses between campuses and how late and early are they on for?

gone from definitely wanting to live in the city to wanting coach lane campus due to it been my campus..

The bus timetable for the bus that goes directly to both campuses is here: http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/brochure/visit/campus_branch/ncle_cmp/cityclcbus/?trail=139,3082,2809,13293,13053,61829

Outside of those times you can get the metro between Manors (5-10 min walk from City East Campus) and Four Lane Ends (10 min walk from Coach Lane). I can't find a specific timetable on their site but they let you enter a departure/arrival time and show what is available, and I've managed to get times from about 5.30am - 11.30pm on a weekday. The website is here if you want to look: http://www.nexus.org.uk/travel-information/journey-planner?ab=

There are also buses, with the number 1 stopping opposite City Campus and going in/just outside Coach Lane depending on the time of day, the timetable for that is here: http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/nexus.org.uk/files/documents/bus/001-NCB-071111_2.pdf (opposite city campus is Haymarket John Dobson Street).
Reply 247
Original post by jack9

Hi I've firmed Physio as well! I am definitely going to live in the city because think it will be better for a social life as more students are there plus I think they run free buses between the two campuses so hopefully won't be too hard to get to coach lane for lectures etc :smile:
Reply 248
is anyone else having trouble applying for accomodation? every time i try to log in to do it with the username & password they gave me, the site just craps itself.
Original post by Culvisage
is anyone else having trouble applying for accomodation? every time i try to log in to do it with the username & password they gave me, the site just craps itself.

Chances are that there are just too many people trying to access it at the same time. Maybe it's your internet connection, though. My internet was too slow when I first tried logging in. But maybe there's something wrong with the system. You could always email them? I've found them super helpful whenever I contacted them, even though my questions were usually pretty dense and I could have found the answers elsewhere on the site.
Reply 250
Hii, has anyone been accepted to do adult nursing?
Reply 251
Original post by Pype
Applied for BsC Computer animation and Digital SFX :smile: anybody else? I've not found anybody else doing my course yet..

Pype I am doing motion graphics and animation in September.... I know its not quite the same thing but your the closest I've found so far!! haha good look finding people on your course.
I can't wait for september! How is everyone coming along with their preparation for university? Especially with the accommodation?
And are you excited?
:excited:
Reply 253
I'm am an international student coming to Northumbria as a Second year student. i was wondering which halls would be the best for me to stay in, Should i stay somewhere central like Camden Court or look for something quiet like the Student Castle.

Cheers
Original post by Chocowix
I'm am an international student coming to Northumbria as a Second year student. i was wondering which halls would be the best for me to stay in, Should i stay somewhere central like Camden Court or look for something quiet like the Student Castle.

Cheers

Since you are going into second year I would probably suggest quieter accommodation because it is more important than your first year. You're probably going to want to be able to concentrate and sleep at night without being disturbed by flat parties and/or people coming in late drunk and making lots of noise. However if you want the 'first year student experience' of going out a lot and getting drunk then go for the louder accommodation.

You can always make friends through your course and through joining societies. If you go with Student Castle you have a studio so you won't have problems like people leaving their mess in the kitchen or stealing your food and you'll know when you invite friends over that you have the place to yourselves and it will be as tidy as you left it.

It's also worth noting that most of the accommodation is pretty central, including Student Castle, so you can still walk to uni in quiet accommodation.
Reply 255
Thanks for the info StacFace! it has given me a clearer view of what to expect.
i am also looking at New Bridge Residence. Does anyone have any info about? i know it's new but i'd love to see pictures, if there are any.

Cheers
Reply 256
nothumbria is my insurance for psychology :biggrin:
Original post by MollT
Hi I've firmed Physio as well! I am definitely going to live in the city because think it will be better for a social life as more students are there plus I think they run free buses between the two campuses so hopefully won't be too hard to get to coach lane for lectures etc :smile:

Hey, I've firmed Physio aswell.
I really want to stay in victoria halls but when you apply it only lets you apply for 'city ensuite single' so we could end up in any of them :/
where have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by Chocowix
Thanks for the info StacFace! it has given me a clearer view of what to expect.
i am also looking at New Bridge Residence. Does anyone have any info about? i know it's new but i'd love to see pictures, if there are any.

Cheers

Hello there,

You can find out more information about New Bridge Street Residence here:
http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/brochure/facilities/acc/halls/ND2?view=Standard

In the right side bar, you can also access an information leaflet with more information there too.

Hope this helps.

Leanne
Reply 259
Anybody applied for Psychology and Criminology? Confirmed first anyone? :')

Quick Reply

Latest