The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Accommodation for family near UCL

Hi,

I am looking for accommodation near UCL starting in september. I am an oversea student with family, so I would need 3 bedrooms and ideally 2 bathrooms. Is it possible to find something like that close to the university?.

Please I need your help with this. I only see 2 bedrooms flats :confused:
Reply 1
Original post by Econla
Hi,

I am looking for accommodation near UCL starting in september. I am an oversea student with family, so I would need 3 bedrooms and ideally 2 bathrooms. Is it possible to find something like that close to the university?.

Please I need your help with this. I only see 2 bedrooms flats :confused:

I don't know how much you know about property and rent prices in central London but they are astronomical...especially for 2 and 3 bedrooms. Can you not live further out whithin say a 15mins tube commute? This would make your search easier and much cheaper.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Thanks tkane for answer me.

I'm looking for a flat or house of no more than $1400 per month. I don't mind if I have to travel up to 20 minutes in tube to the university.
The most important is the security of the sector and well, how nice it is, because my wife and sons will spent most part of the day there and I will be at the university, so I am looking for a safety and nice neighborhood.

Could you give me some ideas please that match the above.

Thanks again!
Original post by Econla
Thanks tkane for answer me.

I'm looking for a flat or house of no more than $1400 per month. I don't mind if I have to travel up to 20 minutes in tube to the university.
The most important is the security of the sector and well, how nice it is, because my wife and sons will spent most part of the day there and I will be at the university, so I am looking for a safety and nice neighborhood.

Could you give me some ideas please that match the above.

Thanks again!

So that's about £800 a month?! I'm afraid you're going to have to increase your budget, or seriously consider moving further out in the suburbs in London, as I'm afraid you're never going to find anything for that price in central London! I would definitely suggest the suburbs, if you're looking for a safe neighbourhood as most rental properties in central London are ex local, especially for that price.

Keep looking at sites such as rightmove, zoopla, finds property etc.
Reply 4
nooooooo I wanted to say GBP1400, I don't find the GBP symbol in my keyboard :colondollar:
Original post by Econla
nooooooo I wanted to say GBP1400, I don't find the GBP symbol in my keyboard :colondollar:

Phew! That is slightly better! But still, as you can see from the below link, the houses are still pretty far out. My advice is to phone up estate agents round the North London area and ask directly, as these sites aren't updated regularly, and might already be taken!

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/property/london/?beds_min=3&include_rented=true&price_max=1500&q=London&search_source=home
Reply 6
Thanks for your help Mother_Russia.

Do you know which sectors to avoid or which are nice, no further than 20 -30 minutes from UCL?
Reply 7
Nothern way, 20 minutes gets you to ~Tufnell Park on the Northern line. You can also look around Seven Sisters on the victoria line, which should be roughly the same time. Brixton is about that distance from UCL on the Victoria line as well, but is in south London.

That's it in terms of distance, and hopefully that gives you some ideas for places to take.

Tube stations which serve UCL (comfortably) would be Euston, Euston Square, Warren Street, Goodge Street and Russell Square.
Reply 8
Original post by gumball
Nothern way, 20 minutes gets you to ~Tufnell Park on the Northern line. You can also look around Seven Sisters on the victoria line, which should be roughly the same time. Brixton is about that distance from UCL on the Victoria line as well, but is in south London.

That's it in terms of distance, and hopefully that gives you some ideas for places to take.

Tube stations which serve UCL (comfortably) would be Euston, Euston Square, Warren Street, Goodge Street and Russell Square.

Thank you gumball, I am from abroad so I don't understand how Londond is distributed, could you give me some comments about type of neighborhoods in terms of security, nice to live (near some park), etc.

Thank you in advance

Quick Reply

Latest