The Student Room Group

No GCSE certificates = Life ruined HELP!

:mad:So I had come from the first stage of my London Underground Apprenticeship test to only find out that I could not take the test because I didn't have my GCSE certificates. I showed them my statement of results which had my gcse grades on them but they did not accept this because it was not a certificate. I was really annoyed and am scared this may stop me from getting jobs in the future :frown: I went onto the websites of those gcse boards only to find out I can't claim replacements. You may be wondering why I don't have them in the first place its because of my stupidity. Mum had told me that I had to go to my award ceromony but I didn't go thinking it was just a boring presentation etc only to find out 2 and half years later that it was to collect my certificates. All this time I had thought my statement of results where the only gcse papers needed to receive and never question about certificates. Huge mistake on my part. I've emailed my old school hoping they still have them so I'm still waiting for that reply. Other than that what can I do?
Reply 1
Your education will be on the system...don't worry. Ring the relevant people who deal with this stuff the early morning, you will have to pay a fee for certificates, bare that in mind.
Reply 2
I've already looked up AQA they say they cannot give replacements unless my certificates have been burnt, stolen or flooded (houise) and I have to show evidence. They fail to realise there maybe hundreds of other reasons people may not have their certificates on them. Lost certificates will not be replaced
Reply 3
maybe u can ask if it is ok if your old school emailed the apprenticeship programme your GCSE results?
Reply 4
Original post by ashkane
:mad:So I had come from the first stage of my London Underground Apprenticeship test to only find out that I could not take the test because I didn't have my GCSE certificates. I showed them my statement of results which had my gcse grades on them but they did not accept this because it was not a certificate. I was really annoyed and am scared this may stop me from getting jobs in the future :frown: I went onto the websites of those gcse boards only to find out I can't claim replacements. You may be wondering why I don't have them in the first place its because of my stupidity. Mum had told me that I had to go to my award ceromony but I didn't go thinking it was just a boring presentation etc only to find out 2 and half years later that it was to collect my certificates. All this time I had thought my statement of results where the only gcse papers needed to receive and never question about certificates. Huge mistake on my part. I've emailed my old school hoping they still have them so I'm still waiting for that reply. Other than that what can I do?

Everything you need to know

http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-EXAMRECORDS.PDF

From page 3..

I have lost my certificate. What can I do?
AQA can supply you with a Certified statement of results, which will be accepted in the same way as a certificate. The statement is a certified document with an official AQA hologram. Please note: most major awarding organisations offer this in place of a certificate. See the application form.

Just show london underground that. Chances are that if you go to another person and show them at london underground they will accept it. Just be persistent.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Its a bit strange how the school didn't contact you after they saw that you never attended, or at least posted the certificates to you. Maybe they possibly destroyed it or something? otherwise you would have got it somehow by now. But I'd wait for their reply.

Also what about other exam boards if you did any GCSEs on their board?
Hopefully your school will either have hung onto them, or can claim extenuating circumstances to AQA to obtain new certificates. I'm sure there is some way to get proof! Hope this is resolved quickly!

Quick Reply

Latest