The Student Room Group

How much should I revise

I am in year 10 and in the start of June have five exams
Maths
History
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
What is the most effective way of revising and is three hours a day enough and five hours on weekends so I would have done 39 hours of each subject I haven't started yet but will start tomorrow is this enough to get all a stars?
Reply 1
an hour the night before should just about cut it,

or if yo a real badass, the morning of it.
Reply 2
It depends on how you revise. It's better to not simply read but to do things as well like revising off flash cards, doing past papers, etc. What grades have your teachers predicted you to get?
Reply 3
Honestly, I revised my ass off and it paid off. For my year 10 exams that were end of June I started doing little bits beginning of may (reading over old work) and then built upto doing past papers etc (if any of your exams are AQA a lot of past papers are available free on there). A week before my exam I was able to write keywords on flash cards and remember what it was about.

Good luck
you're year 10? there's little point..as those exams count as nothing. Try and enjoy yourself now instead, next year you'll have so much more work, eg GCSE's?
Reply 5
Original post by ScienceConfusion
you're year 10? there's little point..as those exams count as nothing. Try and enjoy yourself now instead, next year you'll have so much more work, eg GCSE's?

hiya
sorry i think you need to revise for all gcse exams so why say something like that?
it all counts in the end
Reply 6
GCSEs are more of a memory game tbh, not much technique. Your revision schedule seems to be fine, keep it up!
Original post by dgdlalo16
hiya
sorry i think you need to revise for all gcse exams so why say something like that?
it all counts in the end

I know they do!! I'm doing GCSE's and I'm revising like mad. I meant, I thought you were in year TEN? Is it not from year eleven onwards you do your GCSE's...Is this not someone in junior school?
Reply 8
I know they do!! I'm doing GCSE's and I'm revising like mad. I meant, I thought you were in year TEN? Is it not from year eleven onwards you do your GCSE's...Is this not someone in junior school?

Um, they're most likely just modules in their subjects? Most people take a few modules in year 10...
I didn't.....
Reply 10

no i am in yr 11 LOL i am revising aswell
sorry didnt mean to sound so rude aha x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending