The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Finished another season, and I'm one closer to finally leaving Chelsea. This is probably one of my favourites, though: after losing the first two games of the season, and being eight points adrift after four games, we then ended up accruing 100 points and scoring 112 goals. The best bit about it was the CL Final, though (below); although the development of Luis Enrique and Moussa Sy was also wonderful. The other bit that particularly pleased me was the wage bill - it was 1.52 million, the lowest it's ever been for me, in any FM game, ever. I'm sure a number of you have won it with a lower wage bill, but I was pleased. :colondollar:

I'm sure to a lot of you this seems repetitive, but I really want the most CL titles and then I'll take on the challenge of LLM with a BSS/BSN club...
In your Champs League final - 39% possession, 23 shots! Counter attacking football? :holmes:

Also, hosted at Celtic Park :mmm:
Original post by KingMessi
Finished another season, and I'm one closer to finally leaving Chelsea. This is probably one of my favourites, though: after losing the first two games of the season, and being eight points adrift after four games, we then ended up accruing 100 points and scoring 112 goals. The best bit about it was the CL Final, though (below); although the development of Luis Enrique and Moussa Sy was also wonderful. The other bit that particularly pleased me was the wage bill - it was 1.52 million, the lowest it's ever been for me, in any FM game, ever. I'm sure a number of you have won it with a lower wage bill, but I was pleased. :colondollar:

I'm sure to a lot of you this seems repetitive, but I really want the most CL titles and then I'll take on the challenge of LLM with a BSS/BSN club...

Season budget £378m? How on earth...
Original post by Champagne Supernova
In your Champs League final - 39% possession, 23 shots! Counter attacking football? :holmes:

Well, I think that I have a very clinical team. They seem to create a chance every time that they have the ball...:colondollar: It's been hosted in Stockholm and Brussels on my game. :lol:

Original post by Wednesday Bass
Season budget £378m? How on earth...

I got a takeover a few years back. I'd already engineered a 150 million balance, and they added a lot of investment as well as creating a new, bigger ground. Plus I rarely spend big on transfers (aside from the first season).
Reply 6884

I could do with learning what the new UEFA stadia classifications are. I found it funny that it used to be that only 5-star stadia could host a Champions League final and there were as many (if not more) eligible stadia in Scotland as there were in England :p:

Found a website making comments about UEFA classifications and found a hilarious comment from someone who was totally clueless:
Another nonsensical stat I noticed in the map,Real Madrid has the highest average attendance for 2007/08 and Scotland's national teams average attendance is 713!
Yep, apparently only 713 people on average go into a 50,000-seater stadium to watch Scotland...which may well have been the case when Berti Vogts was in charge a few years earlier (:ninja:) but certainly not in 2007/08 when Alex McLeish was doing well and before George Burley lost his last few shreds of dignity. The poor bugger seemed completely unaware that the average attendance wasn't for Scotland but for amateur side Queen's Park in the Scottish Third Division :lol:
Signed a 19 y/o Irish keeper on a free. Within a month he'd become not only my first choice (ahead of Joe Lewis), but he'd also displaced Lonergan, Westwood and Henderson to be the NT starter. :adore:

Currently top of the Championship after 8 games (W5 D1 L2 GD+9), with a Dutch regen striker called Chris De Laat (signed from VVV-Venlo for £220k) top of my scoring charts with 7.

Also signed Kirk Broadfoot, Stephen Gleeson and Gylfi Sigurdsson on free transfers. :coma:
Original post by KingMessi
Well, I think that I have a very clinical team. They seem to create a chance every time that they have the ball...:colondollar: It's been hosted in Stockholm and Brussels on my game. :lol:

Nah, fair enough. Was genuinely curious. I suspected they were clinical, but surprised they could shoot so much off of little possession. I mainly play possession football, so that's probably it. :holmes:

Original post by Dalimyr
I could do with learning what the new UEFA stadia classifications are. I found it funny that it used to be that only 5-star stadia could host a Champions League final and there were as many (if not more) eligible stadia in Scotland as there were in England :p:

I knew I'd spark a response from you about Scottish stadia. :moon: I'm guessing this was when Wembley was being constructed. So Old Trafford and.. the Emirates maybe? Scotland - Hampden and Celtic Park. Maybe Ibrox? That leaves another English club.. St James'? :dontknow: :colondollar: :p:

Found a website making comments about UEFA classifications and found a hilarious comment from someone who was totally clueless:
Yep, apparently only 713 people on average go into a 50,000-seater stadium to watch Scotland...which may well have been the case when Berti Vogts was in charge a few years earlier (:ninja:) but certainly not in 2007/08 when Alex McLeish was doing well and before George Burley lost his last few shreds of dignity. The poor bugger seemed completely unaware that the average attendance wasn't for Scotland but for amateur side Queen's Park in the Scottish Third Division :lol:

What a complete tit.
Won the serie C cup as Perugia.

It's a great team to play as. You're really quite rich for a serie c2 side, you're pretty much always going to get promoted first season and can push for promotion again in the second. I don't think I have a snowballs chance in hell of getting top half in serie B though.
In my 1st season as Newcastle, sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, and his impact has been awesome. Am currently sat in 2nd, 3 points behind United after losing against them in my last match. I have him playing in the hole, and he has currently got 15 goals and 17 assists after 30ish games. Not to mention the majority of those goals are from long range. My best value signing at around 6mil. Sadly can see him leaving to a big club at the end of this season or the next.
The treble is still on. :coma:

In the Coppa Italia final v Sampdoria, 14 points clear at the top of Serie A with 8 games to go and 4-1 up after the first leg of the CL Quarters against Arsenal after beating Chelsea 5-1 on aggregate in the last 16 (id be playing either Spurs or PSG in the Semis). Man Utd are in the other side of the draw, so I could play Chelsea>Arsenal>Spurs>Man Utd. :lolwut:
I also feel a bit sorry for Piacenza. They got promoted last season and have now just been relegated after only picking up 7 points in 31 games, whilst only scoring 10 goals and conceding 100.
Reply 6891
I knew I'd spark a response from you about Scottish stadia. :moon:
:girl: You know me so well

I'm guessing this was when Wembley was being constructed. So Old Trafford and.. the Emirates maybe? Scotland - Hampden and Celtic Park. Maybe Ibrox? That leaves another English club.. St James'? :dontknow: :colondollar: :p:
Yeah, Hampden, Ibrox and Celtic Park...and I can't honestly remember what the English stadia were - Old Trafford was definitely one, but obviously when I saw this would dictate what the others would be - since capacity is the only thing I can recall being a factor, I'm guessing it'd have to be St James', that Wembley was still under construction and the Emirates may or may not have been as well :dontknow: Apparently the criteria changed sometime in 2006 so since Wembley wasn't done until 2007 and the Emirates was finished in 2006, that would appear to make sense...I think.

What a complete tit.
I know :biggrin:
This is too good to be true. Im 16 points clear of Inter with 6 games to go and I play them next, so If I avoid defeat I win the league against my rivals. :coma:

Edit: Drew 0-0. Suck on that Inter. :teeth:
(edited 11 years ago)
:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

Lost the first leg of the CL Semis 2-0 away at PSG after an afwul performance. Then in the return leg I absolutely dominate and have 22 shots and 59% possession, yet somehow gave them 2 goals from their 4 shots (I won 3-2). I fined the whole defence after it, the morons.
Original post by CB91
:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

Lost the first leg of the CL Semis 2-0 away at PSG after an afwul performance. Then in the return leg I absolutely dominate and have 22 shots and 59% possession, yet somehow gave them 2 goals from their 4 shots (I won 3-2). I fined the whole defence after it, the morons.

How can you fine them for playing badly?
Original post by ras90
How can you fine them for playing badly?

cause its there job if there not doing it then you can fine them just like any business
Original post by kopite493
cause its there job if there not doing it then you can fine them just like any business

No, I mean, how on the game can you fine them, there is no button to do that I can see to do that.
Original post by ras90
No, I mean, how on the game can you fine them, there is no button to do that I can see to do that.

i havnt done it on this one but i know it used to be under interaction
Original post by kopite493
i havnt done it on this one but i know it used to be under interaction

You can fine for being sent of etc, but i cant see it for performance. I think its illigal anyway.
Reply 6899
Took control of Spain after they flopped at the World Cup. First game was a friendly against South Korea and we scored within 15 seconds - beating their previous record of fastest goal by 20 seconds. Loving life :P

Latest