The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by EffieFlowers

Uh-oh I think I touched a nerve. Since when did I say size 8 was too skinny?
In fact when did I mention anything about Size 8 :confused: What size are you? (I got a sneaky feeling its 8 :tongue:)

I'm just saying in my opinion size 10-16 is fine. I don't see a problem with it and girls shouldn't be so hard on themselves for being that body size.

Original post by SophiaKeuning

List of uk size 8 celebrities (if you don't believe me research it yourself)

If you think these woman have protruding bones and are too thin, then you need to get your head read. And the same goes for you

Ahem I beg to differ...

040912_FFN_Miley_600120409091617.jpg

z219160498.jpg

taylor-swift-111010-8.jpg

(The other ones seem fine though)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by Vulpix
I think genetics does play a part though- I'm slim and I do work out, but whatever size I've been my waist doesn't really get proportionally slimmer, because the weight comes off my boobs, hips and thighs and not really off my waist. Obviously the fatter you are, the bigger your waist will be, but I'm not sure that you can really alter your body proportions significantly with just exercise. I admit that I might be wrong here, it's just from my own experience.

Lift weights then and your hips and thighs will stay bigger and the extra calories you burn from lifting weights will give you a leaner waist.
Reply 82
Original post by TheInformer
Not just exercise but diet aswell:

You could have the best exercise routine known to man but if your diet sucks, you wont get great results.

I also have a good diet. What I'm saying it that overall, exercise doesn't seem to change my shape, or at least my hip to waist ratio.
Original post by McHumpy92
Lift weights then and your hips and thighs will stay bigger and the extra calories you burn from lifting weights will give you a leaner waist.

This makes more sense. I do lift weight but maybe I'm not focusing enough on the hip area. I find it a bit tricky though because I have a back injury that means that bending, twisting or putting strain on my lower back s very painful, so squats and so on are not ideal for me.

Original post by desijut
do heavy squats, im a guy and my hips have gone from 35" to 38", but my waist has also gone from 28" to 31" but i think that's because I eat a lot more now so im always bloated. My bum has got bigger as well, and it's noticable when im wearing jeans. (My cousins actually said to me that they were talking about how my ass got so big) (srs)

Cant say anything about boobs though, my thighs have grown 2.5" though.

BTW this is all from heavy lifting (look up starting strength)

Yes genetics will play some part but there is a lot you can do untill you reach that genetic limit
Reply 83
Original post by MancBoy

Ahem I beg to differ...

z219160498.jpg

Miley Cyrus looks AMAZING now that she's shaped up. I don't see why a lot of people think she's taken it too far.
Original post by MancBoy
Uh-oh I think I touched a nerve. Since when did I say size 8 was too skinny?
In fact when did I mention anything about Size 8 :confused: What size are you? (I got a sneaky feeling its 8 :tongue:)

I'm just saying in my opinion size 10-16 is fine. I don't see a problem with it and girls shouldn't be so hard on themselves for being that body size.

Ahem I beg to differ...

z219160498.jpg

I agree with *rouge* miley circus looks a lot better now than she did before. The other two ladies are not that skinny. The only reason why they look that slim in the photo is because of the angle in which they took the photo.
Original post by dancingshoes10
Do some girls naturally have smaller waists than others?! I'm not fat but my waist is 28 inches, and I think if even if I lost a lot of weight it wouldn't become that much smaller..! How do all these celebs have waists that measure like 24 inches?! :eek:

:rolleyes: Hot girls don't eat so they dont have intestines or livers cos they dont need them, so the abdomen doesn't need to be so wide. :cool: thats what i heard anyway
Exercise, diet, discipline and patience.

Theres no other reason. Dont give me the genetics bs
Reply 87
Original post by Vulpix
I also have a good diet. What I'm saying it that overall, exercise doesn't seem to change my shape, or at least my hip to waist ratio.

This makes more sense. I do lift weight but maybe I'm not focusing enough on the hip area. I find it a bit tricky though because I have a back injury that means that bending, twisting or putting strain on my lower back s very painful, so squats and so on are not ideal for me.

can you do light squats without back pain?
There's very few famous women who are legit hot. You'll get much better meat just walking down the street.
Original post by enigma1122
:rolleyes: Hot girls don't eat so they dont have intestines or livers cos they dont need them, so the abdomen doesn't need to be so wide. :cool: thats what i heard anyway

:rofl:
Original post by SophiaKeuning
What? Let me educate you on women's dress sizes. Size 8, like someone said above is not skinny. Unless maybe you are 6 foot 3. :rolleyes:

List of uk size 8 celebrities (if you don't believe me research it yourself)

Marilyn Monroe. (the younger years) Shocked?
Tulisa whatshername
Cheryl Cole (6/8)
Mila Kunis
Pixie Lott
Zooey Deschanel
Katy Perry
Miley Cyrus
Emma Stone
Miranda Kerr (6/8)
Emma Watson
Amanda Seyfried
Taylor Swift
Anne Hathaway

And the list goes on and on.

If you think these woman have protruding bones and are too thin, then you need to get your head read. And the same goes for you

Skinny is skinny and I said size 8 wasn't skinny if the woman was small.

Muppet.
Reply 91
my waist size is 26"...and then my hip is like 34" :/
mine's 24'' woop
Never occurred me tbh. Oh why do I have such small wrists?
Reply 94
Original post by Safiya122
Never occurred me tbh. Oh why do I have such small wrists?

you know nothing of small wrists.

6foot tall, with actually quite large bone structure (large ribcage, shoulders etc)

6 inch ****ing wrists.
Reply 95
Original post by Notwithstanding
There's very few famous women who are legit hot. You'll get much better meat just walking down the street.

there are very few women in the world that are legit hot full stop.

make-up is serious wizardry.
Original post by Zara<3
my waist size is 26"...and then my hip is like 34" :/

What's wrong with that?
I have a 25" waist. I think it's just genetics..because I'm naturally like that. And I'm 5'4ish so quite short.
Reply 98
Some people just have naturally smaller waists, its also largely dependent on your body type too. Over here, 'super skinny' models (without corset training) usually have a 24/25 inch waist.

But in Asia, that's about the average waist size. The more famous people have waist sizes as low as 21/22 inches.

goohara.jpg

Goo Hara.jpg

-Goo Hara

79652_1327055691111_full.jpg

-Yuri

They both have a 21/22 inch waist
Reply 99
Original post by YetAnotherMember
mine's 24'' woop

Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Latest