The Student Room Group

uncontrollably crying from post exam paranoia and stress?

i took 3 exams today... c1, m1 and eng lit... i'm so annoyed. all the pressure of 3 exams got to me and i'm paranoid and my head's all over the place. i have a physics exam tomorrow morning and i can't stop crying from this exam stress... i'm scared of getting below a B and i made such stupid mistakes that i keep beating myself up over... how do i control myself? i know there are retakes but it's annoying that i didn't do well the first time...
Reply 1
Go to bed. Its 10 o'clock you are doing yourself no favours staying up.
Reply 2
its 12:30 here :smile:))
Reply 3
NOt according to the Time stamp. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by inkgeiko
i took 3 exams today... c1, m1 and eng lit... i'm so annoyed. all the pressure of 3 exams got to me and i'm paranoid and my head's all over the place. i have a physics exam tomorrow morning and i can't stop crying from this exam stress... i'm scared of getting below a B and i made such stupid mistakes that i keep beating myself up over... how do i control myself? i know there are retakes but it's annoying that i didn't do well the first time...

PLEASE dont stress/panic/worry it's the worst thing you can do ..you sometimes think you;ve done bad but you could have done well who knows..sometimes good results do come unexpectedly ! soo please dont panic for your next one..otherwise you may regret it..be confident stay positive and keep smiling okay! you'll be fine..atleast you;re not in A2 you still have time to turn everything around. You CAN DO IT.
Reply 5
Don't worry about the exams!

You never truly know if you've dont bad until results unless you missed out loads of questions...

But I digress.
You'll be fine hopefully :biggrin:
Reply 6
Just remember it'll be over soon. You just need to pull yourself together now and power through it whilst doing the best you can. I was in floods of tears before my philosophy exam last year because I was so scared I knew nothing. You just need to put things in to perspective, go over your revision and notes, be content in the knowledge that you've done all you can and go for it. The feeling you'll get when it's all over will be so good. :smile:
Forget about them they're in the past, tomorrow's exams in the present. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Reply 8
Original post by Carbon12
NOt according to the Time stamp. :biggrin:

hahaha i know .... i jst felt like saying it .. all nighter for S1 .. ooofff
Reply 9
Original post by Raj K
PLEASE dont stress/panic/worry it's the worst thing you can do ..you sometimes think you;ve done bad but you could have done well who knows..sometimes good results do come unexpectedly ! soo please dont panic for your next one..otherwise you may regret it..be confident stay positive and keep smiling okay! you'll be fine..atleast you;re not in A2 you still have time to turn everything around. You CAN DO IT.

this is so motivational ... ur amazing raj k:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by avipsita
this is so motivational ... ur amazing raj k:smile:

lol haha thanks but i wish i was amazing !! xxxx
Reply 11

Look after yourself. Reread this in a few days time. If you are still beating yourself up and are being paranoid get some relaxation in. I did what you are doing now 33 years ago and ended up with schizophrenia! Please don't get too wound up over the exams.

Love, M.
Reply 12

They are only a couple of school exams. At the moment, you probably feel like they are the most important thing in the world and are the key to your entire destiny but let me tell you something: they aren't. In a couple of years - they won't be a big deal.

There are many ways to get where you want and your hopes and aspirations constantly change anyway. I mean, I didn't even do any A-levels yet I now have a first class degree and a masters and am midway through a PhD. The exams are done. Whatever happened, happened and if they didn't go as planned - there is always something else you can do to get where you want to be.

You will have learnt something and benefitted whatever the results anyway. When I took my first driving test - I was so nervous I was practically shaking. I made a silly error and failed but at least it taught me how to relax and chill out for the next time.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm scared that I messed up my English exam - the only subject I've ever truly loved and I want to take it to university, so I completely understand how freaked out you're getting. It's hard to get the thought of failure out of my head. But it's also important to not let it drag you down. There are more exams to come, and it's not the end of the world, there's always retakes and hey - you might not have done as bad as think!
You have to make sure you're looking after yourself though, stay positive, get as much sleep as you can and eat properly. I've found it helpful to talk to my subject tutors - they're generally really encouraging and reassuring. Don't let the fear of results spoil your summer either! Good luck x
Reply 14
ahhhh don't stress about exams cause it'll do you no favours and you won't do as well as you could! You sound well prepared and I know how stressful it is to do all 3 exams in 1 day and having to revise for 3 the night before but calm down and stay positive, I know it's a lot esier said than done though :/ goood luck!

Quick Reply

Latest